Jiffy Lubeoil change

Took my older Dodge truck in to have an oil change, told them that is all I wanted and needed. After waiting an hour for them to have my truck serviced they called me in and informed me that I needed a new belt, (I had just changed it the weekend before) then they told me I needed new spark plugs (Again just replaced those and the wires the weekend prior) . When I was called out next it was because my truck didn't want to start, I had to take a screw driver and set my idle so it would start, then I had to fiddle with it just so it would stay running.
I believe these 'experts' were trying to scam me because I am a female and they most likely believed I wouldn't know the difference between what was already in there and what they wanted to sell me. I also believe they tried to Brake my truck so they could charge me extra to fix my truck. Little did they know this young lady knows her way around engines; she just doesn't like to change oil.

Anjeezworld Jun 29, 2009

I have been taking my car to get Signature Service oil changes for some time. I started doing so because it was cheaper that the Nissan dealer. Now, it's not the case. The prices have gone up.
    The last several times I have to ADD oil inbetween my 3, 000 mile service. My car makes a rattling sound...like a "clacking" noise and that is how I know it's low. The oil light doesn't come on, but the dipstick reads WAY low. My car is a 2005 Maxima. It has no detectible oil leaks whatsoever. And when I used to take it to the dealer, I didn't have this problem...which leads me to believe that they don't add very much oil when they do an oil change. I just had to add a quart yesterday, and I only have 1, 740 miles on my recent oil change...It shouldn't need oil yet!

• Le
    LeoF Jul 12, 2009

always check your oil BEFORE you leave

• In
    Inquiring Mind Jul 23, 2009

Why does Jiffy Lube say you need an oil changes every 3000 miles when that is not recommended by the owner's manual. They are supposidly the experts so to represent you need an oil change every 3000 miles is misleading at best.

• Fn
    f*** niggers Jan 09, 2010

because oil breaks down in 3 months or 3000 miles you idiot and also read your owners manual about server driving stupid ###!!!

• Fn
    F*** niggas Jan 10, 2010

stop complaining about the prices because everything in life goes up also.for example gas you idiots.can you complain about that now!!! if you don't like the services then take your car to bob's oil change down the block and wait 1 to 2 hours.

• St
    StraitTruth Oct 01, 2011

Funny how the only comment defending Jiffy Lube is from a part owner and he shows intelligence with his sign on and his education. This is why I do not do business with this type of people.