Jacob Law Groupkeeps calling - don't know why

C

Keep receiving calls from the attorneys office of the Jacob Law Group. The callers do not identify the purpose of the calls . I am a victim of Id theft and will not answere calls from anyone not identifying the purpose of the call. Ms Ward if you so happen to read this, you may want to leave the reason of your call on the messages you leave .

• Be
    Benjoh Mar 02, 2012

On January 11th, of this year, I did not write what is above my name I think someone copied it to share with ya'll from another sight. I did write something. And MsDebtCollector, you people ain't suppose to calling me at all. You have two cease and desist letters. If you need to contact me you need to do it through the Wayne County Circuit Court system. I have proof of all the bad things that you guys have done, including anything here and it is allowable through Mississippi Civil Court Laws.

• Ms
    msdebtcollector Mar 02, 2012

Here is the link http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre27.pdf

• Ms
    msdebtcollector Mar 02, 2012

First of all people you may want to look up the FDCPA laws for your state. To the person who posted the initial 'complaint' we CAN NOT leave the reason of the call on a voice mail. We have to identify the person by name and address before we can release ANY information about why we are calling. If you are receiving calls from JLG then answer the phone because we may have the wrong number or you may be a victim of identity theft and just not know about it. You need to answer the phone and tell Ms. Ward that you are a victim of ID theft and she will take the necessary steps to help you. There is a thing called HARDSHIPS for people that CAN NOT pay there bills and 90% of the time if you can prove your situation we can help you BUT you have to answer the phone and tell us. And thank you payyourbill. Your exactly right.

• Be
    Benjoh Jan 11, 2012

First of all, if you are the person they ask for, they have to tell you via FDCPA rules. Then they have to send out a letter to you that they are a collection agency and you owe this bill worth this much and the original creditor's name. After receiving this you have 30 days to ask them to validate the claim. Most of the people they have contacted are still waiitng for their validations that are more than 2 years late. Okay, now you can in writing send a certified Cease and Desist letter to them telling them that the debt is not yours and to please leave you alone. By law, they are permitted to send one letter stating that they received the letter. They are not allowed to write you, call you or anyone else. But don't count on Jacob Law Group doing so. I still have my Cease and Desist Letter with the return certified mail receipt. Oh and they are not to harass you on social networks or social medias either,
    Jacob Law Group may even say this other company owes the debt, but unless they all strictly prove the debt is yours by FDCPA rules they cannot collect.

• Sh
    Shawna525 Oct 23, 2011

To Payyourbill,
    You probably don't even know what it is like to have no money and having to worry where your next meal is coming from. I use to work until I was injured on the job and now I also have MS. I have had to struggle all my life and I thought I would be working for many years to come, but things didn't work out that way. My bills were always paid when I worked. I even had a hard time then raising 2 kids and taking care of everything else. I have never asked for help from the government or anyone else like a lot of people who do that are now driving nice cars and have a roof over their head. I tried to explain to this company about working out some kind of payment plan, even though I can't afford it, but they didn't want it, because it wasn't enough. So, if you have a better ideal, please tell me. I tried, but they didn't. I can't even afford the medicine I need for my Ms and for my heart problems (I do have a pacemaker too). I just get so tired of people saying things like you did and not understanding what is like. I would give anything if I could get my old life back, but I can't, even thought my old life was hard too. Try living a month without having a paycheck coming in and trying to keep a roof over your head and food and Dr. bills and just the normal living expenses and then let me know how it feels. I hate being poor, but that is the life I have been stuck with all my life and all the bad health I have had.

• Pa
    payyourbill Oct 22, 2011

Pay your bills and debt collectors won't call you, your relatives, or neighbors.. Also, check into the FDCPA regarding calling your relatives, neighbors, etc. It IS legal. If a debt collector calls you and it is a wrong number, simply tell them that and they will stop calling. It's not the debt collectors' faults that people give false information or change phone numbers often. Give people a break for doing their job.

• Sh
    Shawna525 Jun 01, 2011

THEY HAVE BEEN CALLING MY IN-LAWS, WHO ARE IN THEIR 90'S AND BOTH ARE SICK APPARENTLY TRYING TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME. IF I WANTED TO TALK TO THEM, THEY COULD CONTACT ME BY MAIL. THE CALLS TO ANYONE ELSE BETTER STOP NOW OR THERE WILL BE HARASSMENT CHARGES BROUGHT AGAINST THEM. IF I WAS ABLE TO PAY ANYONE ANYTHING I WOULD HAVE A LONG TIME AGO, BUT I AM DISABLED AND HAVE NO INCOME COMING IN.

• Co
    Confused in Brea Ca Apr 13, 2011

Ranceford - Thanks for the heads up !!

• Ra
    Ranceford Apr 12, 2011

They are debt collectors, and scammy ones at that. Don't answer.