J Jillshipping and handling charges and return policy

A Review updated:

J Jill has added a ridiculous $19.95 shipping and handling fee. It has been so long since I have been charged S&H by ANY medium to large size company that I literally did not notice it until I saw my bill. They add an extra $8 to $15 for expedited shipping, yet although my order wasn't received in time they refused to credit any of the shipping. J Jill - get real - get rid of the S&H charges.

J Jill has also changed their refund policy without notifying customers - so if you have shopped with J JIll for over 15 years (approx) as I have - you will have a big shock if you try to return something after 90 days. Additionally, they will not accept quality issue returns. I washed a pair of pants on gentle cycle (label said machine wash, I happen to use gentle), and the hem came out. I returned them for an exchange and they sent mine back to me with a rude letter saying I could not return worn items.

Finally, they keep changing the fabric of the Wearever line - so it's not the same from year to year, and the quality just keeps declining. The pants now weigh a ton, so packing them for travel is a nightmare. And they have a big seam which protrudes right at your tummy. Even reducing the size of the seam would make a big difference. The pants actually look better than the last couple of years model other than the seam - until you wash a few times and they get "shiny".

Sandra Ciarmella Sep 26, 2019

I have noticed that Jjill stores hate when you return an item. Ridiculous! If you went into a store and ordered shipping was free. Since the first of the year they now charge for shipping. There merchandise is pricey and can't figure out why!