IPSOSVisa gift card

B

I tried to use my reward card (Visa, value$35.00) at a local Rexall Store.
My card was declined, for an amount less than the total bill.
I called the number on the back of the card, and was told that the card is valid, but that i should pay the total bill amount before submitting the Visa Gift card. This is rubbish. Once the total bill has been paid, and the cash register opens, there is no opportunity to submit a Visa card, the transaction has already been completed.I now have a useless piece of plastic for my reward.