Incentive Travel Plusshell company

K

Vacation Select Services & Consulting, LLC called us with an offer about a 7-night getaway. This company had a good rating with Better Business Bureau, that there had been complaints but they had been resolved. We took the offer and received a certificate which we were to redeem to get another certificate from a different company (Incentive Travel Plus). We paid half the trip cost plus some processing fees. We requested a unit online (www.ChooseMyResort.com). All the papers said we were to be contacted within 24hours, but we received no call. We called the number on the papers, but that number was disconnected. We were given a second number which we called and left messages. We received no call back. We're out $460.

We filed a complaint with Vacation Select Services and were offered $200, but I think these two businesses are working together. We paid the first company $400, and they say they did their job by referring. They blame Incentive Travel for not doing their job of putting together the reservations. But, we only paid $60 to Incentive, so with a refund from them, we only get $60. In both cases, we lose money, and they make a profit for deception. I don't think Incentive Travel actually exists but is only a website and phone number.

• Pj
    Pjb6793 Aug 28, 2012

I just had the same situation. I started researching complaints against the company and found your post.

knb23 Aug 30, 2012

We kept up our complaining, and Vacation Select Services said it would return our money, the full amount. We haven't received the check though. When it clears with the bank, I'll post so people will know, but right now, I have little faith of receiving a valid check.

knb23 Jan 09, 2013

Vacation Select Services never sent a check. When I complained, the representative said she couldn't understand my complaint and offered to sell me something else.

knb23 Mar 17, 2013

I finally was able to talk on the phone with someone from Vacation Select Services. Supposedly, they sent a check to the wrong address. The company sent us another check. It bounced.