Illicit EncountersOnline scam

This website gives the impression that they charge a big membership fee (£119 for one months membership for men) because they have a large number of married women on their website who are looking for illicit affairs outside of their marriage. Unfortunately, once you have joined, you discover that it's just like any other dating website. Full of hoaxers and rip-off merchants. The problem is, the website awards gold membership to female members free of charge. This leaves their whole system open to massive abuse. They claim to have a lot of traffic on their website, but most of this comes from the guys who have paid their £119 and a much smaller amount from the hoaxers and cheats who have got onto the website free of charge and are pretending to be the the married women seeking an illicit affair. My advice to any guy thinking of joining is DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

RESOLVED

• Illicit Encounters's response · Oct 22, 2019

Hi Valerie,

Here at IE my team and I work tirelessly to ensure that our profiles are 100% genuine, that is why each single profile goes into a process of approval. We encourage all members to report any profiles that are acting suspiciously: each profile reported is investigated thoroughly. We are the only site with this feature as standard.

Also, our pricing that we have in place at IE is a major factor in our industry leading ratio of men to women. Having a balanced pool of members optimises all prospective members chances at having a successful match. I hope this has helped clarify. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Best Regards

IE Team

Christopher Jones Jul 23, 2009

Hi, I'm a very happy customer of illicitencounters.com. I found the balance to be actually more women than men and no hoaxers or scammers at all. In fact they have a guarantee that if you find a hoaxer, you get your membership free. I have met a number of delightful ladies and am having a relationship with one who just swept me off my feet. If you are in the UK and want an affair, there is no other site like it - believe me I have tried them all!

Chris. London.

Malcom Jul 24, 2009

I have to agree With every word and more. There must be something that can be done to a site that says free but when you join you find out its not. Its an overpriced for what you get and quality is debateable.
    How do you measure quality for starters ? My guess is the same people are on multiple sites and therefore its the same everywhere. £119 is alot of money just to chat when alot of places are doing it for free now.
    Im using this free site now loveisthebug and have tried IE, AFF and MA, LL and others. I have to say its a great site. offers the same as everyone else and is free!!!
    My advice is dont pay seek out the free options first

Madeleine J Aug 14, 2009

Its down to quality. I have tried the free sites and they are full of very undesireable people. I joned illicitenconters and I can vouch for the fact that they have a very high quality of membership, that's what the high fee does for us ladies, and thats why I'm there and not on the other sites. We ladies talk about this and I can assure you many of the other woman on the site agree, that quality matters.

• Cj
    cjnemo Dec 02, 2009

As a woman I have to say I have plenty of choices of going free on lots of sites.
    However I like the idea of being fair to everyone. The fact that men do not pay either,
    makes them less stressed out about getting their moneys worth unlike on some extoritonate sites I won't mention.
    I was pleasently surprised to find like pay sites.
    The site is monitored and profiles vetted and they remove undesirable accounts.
    All in all a good user experience and pretty much offers the same as AFF and IE etc.
    Also I found the guys to be friendly and like on other sites of good quality.!!!
    I would definately recommend loveisthebug to other women and I went on there to meet
    other people who were married and were in a similar situation to myself and not to have an affair like some.
    It's there if you want it as well.

• Sc
    Scotty Jocky Dec 17, 2009

This site is a con. A couple of years ago I was talking with a women, who had been approached by the website to facilitate male members joining the site...Whilst it may work for certain geographical areas, where I live there are simply not enought genuine female members to justify the fee. IE should come clean and display membership levels by region... SAVE YOUR MONEY..AVOID

• Re
    Retribution Mar 28, 2010

After two years of heartache and stress, I can tell you that it is a site that you should be wary of, and that you shouldn't take it as read when someone tells you that they have a brain tumour... Yes, on this site. Handing over a substantial amount of money to someone, who manipulated me terribly, was without doubt the most stupid thing I have done in my life... A lying serial fraudster...

Read the name again... 'Illicit Encounters'... it says it all...!!!

If you do go on this site, expect the dregs of humanity, because they are waiting for you... You have been warned.

Oh and BTW, don't expect the adminstrators of the site to do anything about stopping repeat offenders... All they care about is as many profiles they can get, so as to sell it at somepoint... ###

• Mi
    Michael Desbarres Mar 29, 2010

Sorry to hear about your experience but mine has been entirely different. I must admit I did initially baulk at the high membership fee, but once I'd bitten the bullet and joined, I found it refreshingly free of the obviously fake profiles to be found on other so called 'free' sites (they all charge you eventually). After conversations with several genuine women, I took the plunge to meet one of them and we ended up having exactly the discreet clandestine affair I'd been after. Unfortunately she recently moved to another part of the country, so I'm now back on Illicit Encounters and hoping to set up another secret tryst (communicating with a couple of possibles as I write this) .

• Re
    relkeel Jun 30, 2010

Have to disagree with this one - I've been on a lot of adult dating sites and found Illicit Encounters to be the best to date. I'm disappointed to hear of your bad experience. I was hoping I had found a totally genuine site, as about 90% of other sites are full of fake profiles and scammers. I recently decided to give IE a go, despite the £119 for 30 days fee, and have to say it's been fun! I'm trying to put together reviews of all the sites I've joined as I want to expose the real fraudsters and promote the good ones. It is solely dedicated to dating sites that are in the UK or have a UK section - http://www.ukadultdatingguide.co.uk - drop by and tell me your own experiences. Nick

hotcrossbun Aug 05, 2010

I found exactly what i was looking for on IE 18mths ago and the fire is still burning, its been magic! but i quess not everyone is as lucky.such a high fee sorts the men out from the boys in my opinion..my mr perfect says its the best £119 hes ever spent..we're not all leeches, scammers, hoaxers, nutters or the dreggs of the earth.some of us are really nice people...So i say try it, life is full of experiences, you might just miss one if you dont.x

• Wa
    wavey davey Aug 19, 2010

The simple problem with IE is that because the women dont pay, they dont have to be serious about an affair, and speaking as a man who has been a member on and off for 4 years, that has been entirely my experience. Because there is no time limit to their membership, they can mess you about ad infinitum. Whereas, as a paying member, you only have so long to make a connection, before you cannot access your messages. The thing is with many women on that site, they have dull marriages and they just want their partner to notice them, once you have spent6 time and a lot of money telling them how attractive they are, they bugger off feeling better about themselves. If women had to pay, they wouldn't so that has to tell you something. Take my advice, as someoone who has been on this site many times, DON'T WASTE TOUR MONEY, it is a complete CON!

• Pe
    Petepipe Sep 09, 2010

Have to agree with Wavey Davey. A lot of emails going in circles. I have ended up feeling like I am pushing against brick walls. The honest fact is- in 3 months I have sent over 80 messages to London women members. I managed it as an efficient project. Some I included photo pw, some not. All were masterpieces of pleasant, engaging, witty, genuinely nice opening few lines. Didn't write too little, not too much. I am a writer for a living! Received maybe 5 responses? So it can't be the photo's put them off. And of those five, a couple agreed after several emails (and that all takes 3 or 4 weeks- ie, £129) that it might be "a nice idea to meet and see how we get on"- but couldn't actually agree to a time- "next month's looking very busy". One other had a photo agency name in tiny letters across the photo. (Stunning photo, gorgeous girl, said she "liked my photo- do you want to meet up?". Didn't say a lot else though. ) Good thing I spotted that one. Russian scammers?? She exchanged some very curious correspondence. With others, they gave pleasant sounding replies, but then just disappeared when I wrote back. Why??

So what exactly is going on here? Is there some GCHQ- like room where a few grubby individuals are intercepting our traffic, smiling knowingly and intervening just sufficiently to lure us punters back in?? I think there are some genuine people in there- sadly, there are some less than appealing photos- but I am convinced that a good chunk of the site is less than straight-forward. And, as my rant eases off (!!) I guess WD is right- a lot of women just want to get some flirty chat and have no committment to progressing it. I don't know for certain, and never will due to the clandestine and mist-enshrouded nature of the activity. But I will shake off my disillusionment, leave after 3 months and 3 times £129 worse off and attempt to meet more women in the real world, face to face. Wasted some money, but could have been worse. At least it'll make an interesting story to tell down the pub.

• Bb
    BBB61 Sep 16, 2010

The site is a con. They boast about quality, but when women can sign up for free it doesn't guarentee quality on that side of the fence. There are more than enough time wasters, as well as the ignorant who won't even respond to a well written message. As for the admin, what a joke they are. When you try and mention that you can't respond to messages in your profile they censor it. And don't even contemplate criticising IE as they will more than likely send the boys round!

Don't waste your money with them.

hotcrossbun Sep 17, 2010

All i can say to you men who have'nt had the good fortune to find a lovely lady to share some special moments with is to "read and re-read each others gripes" your going about things the wrong way!...i quote pete pipe."i managed it as an ifficient progect...not so ifficient was it pete! id give you the sack!! and BBC61 "ignorant women who wont respond to a well written message" un quote...i say those women have had made right choices in not responding to you...its ment to be light hearted and flirty with the hope of some naughty fun if the chemistry kicks in..its.NOT a job interviewn nor do we want to be talked to like your our boss giving us a dressing down because your well written message bored us! women on the site are looking for fun romance, excitment, someone who makes them laugh..LIGHTEN UP AND JUST HAVE FUN! or dare i say! there are those who will listen to your drivel and give you what you want no questions asked for a much smaller fee!

• Ar
    artypoet Sep 26, 2010

I was attracted to the site due to my Circumstances. I joined and browsed, and was sent many Virtual Kisses from numerous ' lovely ladies ' well how flattered I was, so of course joined hastily, not caring about the whopping fee, because I was going to have fun right? WRONG! As soon as I joined, they all vanished, and didn't reply when contacted. yes, I have talked to ' some ' women who have been very pleasant, but to be honest most are scams or looking for meal tickets! Don't bother!!!

• Ba
    BarnyBerkshire Sep 29, 2010

I'm an average married guy living in the Midlands and I have to say the poster's experience was very unlike mine! I met a few women from the site for a series of encounters before my current lover got in touch with me. The site seems to make quite a big deal out of deleting fakes and scammers (a few slip through the net but I don't think they're employed by the site...I contacted 'Sara Hartley' about one profile I found who seemed a bit dodgy and in a few days it was removed).

The fee is high (I think it's one of the most expensive dating sites ever!) but it's worth it. Seriously. The women are of a completely different calibre. I've tried AshleyMadison in the UK (absolutely awful...and they rebilled me without request), Loveisthebug (seems okay, but quite a lot of escorts and very young girls), and Loving Links (quite good, but the database is much smaller and it costs the same), so I personally think IE is the best option out there.

EdwardRochester3 Sep 29, 2010

I also had a very different experience. I've been on dozens of other dating sites including the biggest US equivalent, Ashley Madison. All of them are full of fake and scam profiles designed to get guys to part with their cash. AM actually own up to operating fake profiles in their weasly Terms & Conditions, describing them as online hosts engaged in marketing activity. Full on scamming more like!

Illicit Encounters was very different. All of the ladies on there appeared genuine and prepared to engage in real as opposed to automated conversations. I've had real life encounters with two of them now and can vouch for the fact that they were 100% real in every sense of the word!!

In my experience you get what you pay for. IE has been worth every penny

• St
    Stephen Bk Sep 29, 2010

I joined this site and met a couple of ladies, I then let myself lapse as an active paying member for the last 2 years and still receive regular emails an awful lot of them from women either the other side of the country or much younger than me and when you read their profiles you see quite clearly from the definition of what they are interested in that I do not fit.

So why do I get the emails? Quite simply it is identities set up by the operator and sent randomly to people who are not paid up members and who cannot read the emails. This is to entice them to pay to read emails etc.

Yes lots of ladies present, all genuine - I think not!

• Ev
    EveryReadyEddie Oct 01, 2010

I've been a full member of Illicit Encounters twice and each time I found myself spoilt for choice. A well written profile and message can elicit a huge response from the ladies. I'm happily pursuing an affair with a female member and we're both blissfully happy.

Markharris Oct 11, 2010

THE ILLICIT ENCOUNTERS SITE IS A SCAM. IT IS A RIP OFF AND YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY. THERE MAY BE A FEW GENUINE PEOPLE ON-LINE (ALL SCAMMED INTO BECOMING MEMBERS) BUT YOU WILL GET PULLED INTO BECOMING A MEMBER, ENTICED BY THAT EMAIL FROM A SPECIAL PERSON, ONLY TO FIND THAT THEY DO NOT REALLY EXIST. DO NOT JOIN, IT IS A SCAM!

Marcus_hants Mar 27, 2017

@Markharris To Right!!! And after an initial payment they keep taking your money, & there is no way on their site to stop it!!! Mc Online Tech Interserv £99/month !!!

EdwardRochester3 Oct 12, 2010

Illicit Encounters offers a better success rate than any other dating site I've been on - including big ones such as match.com. I've been a paid up member on three occasions now and each time met someone with whom I had an affair. Those complaining here must be doing something wrong! I'm not particularly good looking or interesting but have found that a little effort goes a long way on the site. You can't just wait for the ladies to find you. The rules are the same as dating in the real world. Be creative, interesting and fun and you'll get a response.

• Fl
    flyingscotsman Oct 12, 2010

I live in a fairly remote part of Scotland and have struggled to find local women on a number of dating sites. But joy of joys! I found one via Illicit Encounters (although I'm still on there looking for more!). Greedy I know. My impression is that the site and the people on it are genuine (or as genuine as any of them are). Recommended.

• Fl
    flyingscotsman Oct 12, 2010

By the way beware of bogus comments. Two about 'love is the bug' on here look suspiciously like they've been posted by the site themselves, especially given that my experience of this site is that there's no-one on it.

• St
    streater Nov 01, 2010

Hi,

Im a woman who has used Illicit encounters and I have to say Men paying doesnt mean anything apart from being a mug.
    The difference of men paying £119 odd and using one of the free illicit sites now available. Is that the men on IE are desperate to get theres money worth.
    You get constant bombardment of men trying to chat to you and emails from guy who dont take no for an answer. I think once you pay all the guys are thinking off
    is getting there moneys worth. Hardly a good start when you want a secret affair and find out the men are stressed out. Ive been trying some of the free sites and to be honest they are
    100 times better. The men are more relaxed and not in a hurry. My advice is give the free sites ago as todays free sites are tomorrows successfull sites (Perhaps) :)

John Fern Nov 02, 2010

I have been foolish enough to be a full member twice and am begining to believe this site is a very expensive scam. There are ladies on there who are always logged in and when approached they say they are chatting to someone. When you see their profiles or photos, you know they will be chased and taken up quickly, which makes you wonder how come they are still searching after 2 years. Dont believe in all the hype, it is disgustingly expensive and big scam...lookout

• Da
    Davemmmm Nov 21, 2010

I was mailed and told you have had lots of interest in your profile-- i hadnt written a profile and was recieving messages saying how good my profile sounded -- a lady left me a message " your profile is fantastic Dave and we share so many same interests" all my pages were blank !!! hmmm amazing i was recomended marriednosex.com and although possibly the same pool of ladies instead of pay £119 i paid £24 and of the 4 ladies i have met all said they were on illicit encounters to

EdwardRochester3 Dec 21, 2010

Have to disagree with you Mark. I've had two affairs via Illicit Encounters in addition to dozens of sparkling (and saucy!) conversations. I've yet to receive a message from a lady with whom I did not at least have a nice chat. By a law of averages, according to your logic, one or more of these must have been unreal - but they seemed perfectly genuine to me. I've been on online dating sites for years and can tell which sites are using fakes. In my experience IE are not. I can only think you're approaching women in the wrong way.

EdwardRochester3 Jan 04, 2011

I've been a member of IE off and on for a year after various disappointments on other dating websites. Not only have a met 3 lovely ladies via the site with whom I've had liaisons, but I've also identified a couple of spammers on the site and been rewarded with free full membership upgrades. To those who feel ripped off I say give it another go. To those who think they have received fake messages, let IE know and you too may get a freebie!

• Od
    oddchappie Jan 13, 2011

There are women on the site who have no real in interest in an affair. They are usually too far away to make an affair practicable or affordable. If you do actually get to talk to them, they sound depressing and can quickly find a point at which to end the call. Its a wonder why they persist in using the site.

However there are some women who are genuinely looking for an affair, and with them its the same playing field as elsewhere in life. Only that if you do make contact there is more likelihood you could have an affair with them, presuming they find you attractive and enjoy your company. The site simply provides more possibilities, so if you don't mind spending a bit, it could lead to something special.

JohnnyGoLightly2 Jan 17, 2011

Sorry, gotta disagree. I have used IllicitEncounters.com twice, once 2 years ago and currently, and I don't believe it's a scam. Sure there are some dodgy profiles but THESE TYPES OF PROFILES ARE ON ALL SITES...at least on IE they are outnumbered by genuine females. The payment is a bit of a downside (I'm really not that well off so over 100 to me is a real scrape), but I feel it's been worth it. I've had two full-blown 'affairs', and a series of flings, all with lovely, bright women. A very happy man sits here :)

sandra123418 Jan 22, 2011

My best friend went on illicit encounters for 4 months, and as a decent lady looking for friendship she found this site dangerous to women. she met one man and he had lied on his profile and he was charming at first but she soon found out he had a dark side. He came over as a gentleman, well dressed. but was a property developer who lived in one of his houses he owned but went home to ispswich at the weekend. Beware ladies some of these men are not what they seem, she found out he smoked weed. He was an x photographer so she felt there was more to him than he was telling a weird experience for her. she had not done anything like this before and I can tell you it learnt her a lesson. never again she told me. this pervert bragged he went to certain places and paid to watch a young girl stripping, whilst on golf trips, and got angry with her when asked how many women he had been with.
    I feel sorry for his partner who did not really know him. He even showed her pics of his partner and her daughters. scary experience. Watch out ladies for finefriend on there. He is not what he seems to be. He lures women under false pretences of who he is. The awful thing they can pay there money and keep going on there under different names as the women can as well. DO NOT USE THIS SITE LADIES. IT IS NOT WHAT IT SAYS IN THE MAGAZINES. IT CAN BE DANGEROUS!

EdwardRochester3 Jan 25, 2011

This post and the negative comments added have obviously been created by a competitor of Illicit Encounters - the big American one, initials 'A' and 'M' immediately comes to mind - since it is so completely at odds with the real experience of IE that both I and the positive commentators above have encountered. There is a patently better ratio of genuine women to men on Illicit Encounters than any of the others (I've been on them all!). It's the only one that has produced real results for me. The kind of mud slinging going on here is both untrue and childish in the extreme.

• Co
    Coleman007 Jan 31, 2011

Taking advantage of lonely men to rip them off is pathetic, and so is the website's service. It is definitely a scam, with the capital S! Once you fill out your profile, the management will start sending messages from 'admirers' who are, as a matter of fact, Illicitencounters empoyees, using fake profiles.
    In fact, once you pay the ridiculously fee to join, those messages will decrease, until they stop popping into your inbox. If you write, say one hundred messages, you'll receive one reply on average. After two days I realized that the site was a ripp off, contacted the management to claim a refund, with a fair explanation. 24 Hours and no reply. A day later I was contacted by 'this lovely lady' who asked me to correspond with her on messenger. After 5 minutes I received an email from the management saying that I could not be refunded because I made use of their services. Silly me, I didn't realise that that lovely lady was working for Illicitencounters. Her MSN messenger profile had 200 contacts, made over 2 months... disappointed customers, or reffund claimers shall we say! Have a crazy night out with those money and you'll be much happier.

• Ie
    ie police Feb 05, 2011

Illicit Encounters is a site on which I have made loads of false profiles. I find out as much information on each guy who contacts me, learn all I can and then shop them to their wives and partners. The site is making money out of lies and the heartbreak of others. Ask yourself this, as a guy how would you feel if your wife was on the site looking? I bet you wouldn't be so keen on the site then. Ok for you but you would be hurt if it was you being cheated on. Your actions could bring disease into your family and your wife hasn't any say in it. I will continue to create false profiles on that site and out all I find. You have been warned!

• Cu
    cute75 Feb 09, 2011

I have created 2 profiles in (male and females) in IE. for female profile I got 40+ messages within a day
    for male profile I got around 2 messages( these two females not viewed my profile). There may be a few genenuine females members. Looks like there are plenty male members trying thier luck. IE claims by putting 120+ gbp they are trying to reduce non-serious members. Though thier intention may be right, however there are many genuie female members on that site, which proves chances of meeting a female is less.
    Is is the same with most of the sites. I tried adultfriendfinder, Met 2 ladies. There are few serious member here.
    ultimate site is fabswingers.com (free site), there are hell lot of serious members. intially the resposne was poor, however i could meet 3 women and one girl so far .

it is upto the men, if they dont mind spending few bucks they can try any site.
    fab is worth.

• Bb
    BBB61 Feb 14, 2011

Hotcrossbun, it doesn't take much for a female member at IE to send a reply to someone saying "thanks, but no thanks". It's called courtesy. I stand by my comments about the ignorant women members who can't be bothered to reply to messages. There is no excuse for such behaviour. IE's fees for men are ridiculous, and I concur with the experience of those who started receiving plenty of messages after their gold membership expired. The same happened to me. For a site that claims to be "exclusive" their tactics and pricing structure are very dubious.

hotcrossbun Feb 16, 2011

Like i said previously BBB61 what women with any intelligence would bother to answer a man with a bad attitude! look the word ignorant up in a dictionary, it sums you up perfectly!!!

hotcrossbun Feb 16, 2011

P.S.BBC6i, as my PC crashed! As an intelligent women i have only replied to you as its a complaints board! I do understand why your not getting what you want at home though! if i was your wife you'd get nothing but a plate over your head!!!

hotcrossbun Feb 16, 2011

I have just read the recent comments & not one to generally go on, but i feel compelled to add again my thoughts.My experience on the site has been just like life in general, full of different people! the lonely, the needy, the weirdos & those you just don't like or fancy, then there's those you just click with & want to have fun with, its called chemistry! (i have enjoyed fantastic times for nearly 2yrs now, yes with the same man)I do genuinely feel for those men (I say men, as its those who are mainly complaining)who have payed money thinking it would guarantee a women for sexual liaisons..It is not an escort agency!! and i advise you seek medical help!! nobody is obliged to answer your emails in 24hrs or ever! for that matter!. GET REAL the women haven't replied because they aren't feeling you, THATS LIFE GET OVER IT.. AN ADULT WOULD..STOP! blaming the organisers, they are only offering a service of contact which YOU chose to PAY for, the rest is up to the individuals.YES WOMEN beware of men too, but don't you do that every day! i say it again!!! use your intelligence and gut feeling.

• Hm
    hmmmmmmmmmmm Feb 18, 2011

I'm female and have just started using IE. It was recommended to me by another female friend as being somewhere with nice, genuine men (as well as the inevitable weird ones) and that's been my experience. Personally I haven't messaged anyone as I prefer to wait for people who might be interested to contact me - but I've had lots of messages and have replied to almost all and am having a couple of really lovely conversations. To the men who join but don't get replies, I would suggest you think again about what you are saying in your messages. Women aren't obliged to reply to you if you don't sound like their type, or if you sound creepy or they don't like the look of you. Sorry, but it is just like the real world! Paying your membership fee doesn't entitled you to automatic adoration...

• Hy
    hyacinthdisort Feb 24, 2011

Please be aware. Women do pay for this site now. There are other alternative site out there that are totally free. I suggest you google to find them