Ikeyless.comscam

M

I bought a remote for my car from this company and they sent me a scratched up remote, probably bought of Ebay for $15. They sold it to me for $100. The instructions were not complete either so I couldn't get it to work..

Do not buy from this company, they are a total scam. They probably buy their stuff of Ebay for much less and re-sell it to you for 3-5 times the price they bought it for.

They do not answer my emails or my phone calls. I'm in the middle of the claim procedure with my bank.

DO NOT BUY!!!

RESOLVED

• Tr
    TrainSpotter Nov 09, 2009

I ordered two key fobs from them. Their website says nothing about anything supplied being used; in fact, it gives you the impression that everything is either new or new aftermarket stock. Instead of shipping the two new items that I expected, I received one very used one. There was no indication of a partial order, even to the credit card company.
    I sent them an email complaining about the false and deceptive advertising and the incomplete order. They emailed me an RMA, and I shipped everything back UPS. They received it 3 days ago, and there is no credit to my card yet.
    Don't buy from these scammers!

• Fa
    Fazman Nov 14, 2009

I ordered a remote from them, they said its new, when I got it, it was all scratched up. One even had a dent in it
    I called Nick, he said to return everything back and he will credit me full within 30 days. I did that
    The next thing I know he did not issue me a full credit
    SCAM, SCAM SCAM, BE AWARE!!!

ikeyless Scam Jan 25, 2010

I agree!!! This is a scam!! Here's the ad:

Remote Programming: This device comes with FREE programming instructions. Our instructions are quick, easy to follow, and take just minutes to complete. They're written so first-timers can do it themselves without the time, hassle, and expense of committing to a dealership service appointment.

The simple to read instructions said to take it to a dealer!! When I called they said that there was a mistake on the website. I call it FALSE ADVERTISING!!

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!

I am hoping for a full credit ~ minus the postage I guess. I'll let you know!

iKeyless.com Jan 27, 2010

To the comment posted on 1/25/2010 - We are very sorry for the mistake, and of course you were issued a full refund. Hopefully we can recognize that there is a difference between an honest mistake and false advertising, please feel free to check the item description for our Toyota Smart Keys now and you will see that they now have the correct information. We certainly apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred and certainly took the appropriate steps to prevent this issue from happening again in the future.

-iKeyless.com

• Du
    Dustin Johnson Mar 11, 2010

i ordered a switch blade key for my car on the 26th of feb and still have not received anything.. and its march 10th...they sure didnt have any problem taking my money but they sure as hell dont do their part! i have tried contacting them and i finally got a person and he said it was under investigation... but still have not heard anything! WTF!.. i have contacted my credit card company hopefully they can do something about... SCAM SCAM SCAM dont buy from these crooked SOBS!

• Sm
    smiles2u Mar 26, 2010

After waiting 15 days to receive my keyless remote, I was sent a beat up old remote with tool marks on the side. Even the screw in the back is rusty, this item is not just used it's VERY USED.

Search elsewhere before ordering from these guys. I was never told these items were used, and the shipping took WAY to long.

I feel ripped off, not a good feeling.

Buyer Beware.

iKeyless Mar 31, 2010

To the comment posted by Dustin Johnson - First and foremost, we apologize for any inconvenience with the shipping on your product. I see that your package was either lost or misrouted according to USPS tracking number 9101805213907298472790 and we sent a replacement which was received in 3 days according the the USPS Tracking Number 9101148008600659876852.

Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience, we take issue with your claim of that we have no problem taking your money but big problems shipping what you ordered. We are in business because of our valued customers, giving people negligent treatment or "the runaround" is certainly no way to satisfy a customer, it will only create problems for us and prevent you from coming back in the future, which is the last thing we want. Now that you have the key, we certainly hope you enjoy it.

• Mu
    mukie Apr 02, 2010

You can try and "help" people on this board, doesn't take away the fact that you iKeyless.com is STILL sending USED, rusty, beat up, very far from new products to customers.

Why don't you email back the people that try to contact you and only respond on this board to try and shape up the countless scam reports that are on this website.

People like you should be thrown in prison with the keys thrown away !

DO NOT BUY !!!
    DO NOT BUY !!!

• Sm
    smiles2u Apr 02, 2010

You stay in business based on the fact that people don't realize that they are buying VERY used products. And guess what? 10 days later I already need a new battery, not very surprising to me that the battery is used as well.

Don't make the same mistake I did. Shop elsewhere, there are many other vendors that have the same product that these folks have for a small amount more. The extra 5-10 is well worth it, my wife bought from another company and yes it was about 10 dollars more but it was NEW! Don't Buy From ikeyless.com... You've been warned :)

iKeyless.com May 24, 2010

To the comments posted above, it should be noted that we have 3 methods of contact to our customer service department. If there are any issues with items received, we are more than happy to offer a replacement in the event that you received the incorrect item with your purchase, as it sounds in the above two complaints. Please visit our website www.ikeyless.com and click the "contact" button at the bottom of any page on the site - we have people standing by and ready to assist. Had we been contacted by either customer with a complaint we would have gladly resolved immediately.

• So
    solidaxle Jun 01, 2010

I also ordered a flip fob from ikeyless. The first one was shipped with an incorrect FCC ID frequency. The replacement was the wrong fob altogether. This company should go out of business. They are terrible and their customer support is absolutely worthless.

• Sh
    shellymonster Jun 12, 2010

This is a complete, utter rip off! The item is not new: the "unlock" button had wear, and upon opening the remote for inspection, they put tinfoil behind the buttons. They obviously try to "fix" broken ones and sell them as new. Scam

• Ob
    OboeMD Jun 18, 2010

I got an email on 10 June from Ikey saying that remote I ordered WAS SHIPPED on 11 June, tracking information was included. USPS tracking says they were notified 10 June to expect package. It is now 18 June and no remote, no update on tracking. Is this typical?

iKeyless.com Jun 18, 2010

Greetings OboeMD - Please call us at [protected] or contact us via the live-chat feature of our website, or email us at [email protected] - we will assist in finding out what is going on with your package. If you're calling us, please ask for me, my name is Nick.

• Ph
    phildick Jun 24, 2010

Ikeyless, keyless is a total scam. any positive feedback must be bogus. I ordered remote fob for 2000 saab 9-5 was chrged 49.90 grand total. invoice states - 3 button remote for 2000 saab 9-5, but what i got was a generic 2 button remote with subaru paper label on it that is barelly holds together. Congratulation on a brilliant scam. i would get on it too, but the little thing called common decency wouldn't let me. none existing customer service.

iKeyless.com Jun 29, 2010

To the comment posted by phildick - It should be noted that we verified via a 3 minute phone call that this customer was absolutely shipped the incorrect item. He was shipped a Subaru remote instead of a Saab remote, an issue that was taken care of immediately after the phone call.

iKeyless.com Jun 29, 2010

To the comment posted by OboeMD - The order was placed late on Friday, we shipped that Monday as we are closed on the weekends, the package was delivered that Friday the 18th, customer successfully programmed remote within minutes of receiving, verified on the phone.

• Jd
    JDWine Jul 03, 2010

I was jsut about order a switchblade remote from this website for my 2009 Focus so that i could save money and avoid the dealership. I'm glad i read the reviews, now the extra cost and hastle of the dealership sound acceptable. What a shame that they are total frauds. :(

notbuying Jul 18, 2010

Wow, not a single positive feedback about ikeyless.com. That says a lot! Thanks yal :)

iKeyless Jul 19, 2010

To the comment posted by "notbuying"...you are witnessing first hand the negative effects of complaintsboard.com and other biased websites just like it. Please feel free to see some real comments at resellerratings.com :-)

And as always, if anyone would like some information surrounding some of these claims above, please feel free to call our customer service line for information. Unfortunately not all of the comments above have been posted by actual customers, but we will be happy to explain the circumstances surrounding each real order and what we've done to resolve it.

-iKeyless.com

• Bi
    BIGRIG Jul 19, 2010

Same here, nasty and attitude customer service people over the phone, according to them they shipped the keyless remote 2 times and they blaming the usps lol, wow I have the resource to bring this scam artist down! THEYT GOING TO SEND A THIRD ONE!!!

• Mr
    mrsjarrodwood Sep 07, 2010

Attn Ikeyless regarding resellrating.com

Why should we believe anything on that site WHEN YOU HAVE AN AD ON THAT SITE. I don't get it. I mean can you explain why this company would be unbiased when it's in their best interest to put you in a great light as an advertiser. What if they get commission...as a lot of sites do when they give positive consumer reports with a link to the buying site. A writer writes a positive consumer article report, posts it with a link to the product website, if the reader buys it through the article's posted link they get up to 75% commission. Hmmmm...I know I'm a writer and I've looked into this.

Seriously. I don't get why we should trust that when you advertise on the site.

freparkng Sep 10, 2010

Looks like they dropped the ball again.

System is getting started. [Friday, September 10, 2010 3:45:38 PM]

A representative will be connected, please be patient.
    Craig enters the chatroom.
    Craig 3:45:46 PM

Hello fred, my name is Craig, let me check on that for you...
    what can I help you with Fred?
    fred 3:46:14 PM
    I am waiting for a delivery for a keyless remote from 9/3
    Craig 3:46:30 PM
    what is your zip code
    fred 3:46:42 PM
    Craig 3:48:19 PM
    it looks like it has been shipped, but I haven't seen any tracking info update
    so I'll issue you a new package today. work for you Fred?
    fred 3:48:42 PM
    i need it by monday or my car will be towed
    Craig 3:49:27 PM
    unfortunately I can't get it to you by Monday
    fred 3:49:32 PM

when

Craig 3:50:03 PM

it will probably be tuesday or wednesday

fred 3:50:37 PM

i'll try to hold off the tow from the condo committy, if not i will have to cancle the order and reverse charges

Craig 3:50:47 PM

ok, Fred

fred 3:50:55 PM

Craig 3:51:11 PM

• Ts
    T.S.N. Sep 10, 2010

I purchased 3 keys and 2 remotes for a Honda Odyssey on 8/29/10. The payment went thru on 8/30/10. I got an email with UPSP confirmation number. The shipment never came. I called back and talked to 2 persons, Jaime and another guy, on 2 separate days. They all insisted that the shipment was sent out. They did not offer anything new. All they said was for me to call USPS and inquire about. I called UPSP, had an investigation started. USPS said they have not received any shipment. I also opened a ticket to inquire about this at ikeyless site. I got a reply back from Jeremy saying that I should have received an email earlier and that they did not have all items in stock and have not sent out the shipment. On 9/10/10, I got an email from Craig - the customer support supervisor, who told me that they have not sent the shipment because they have 2 scratched up remotes. He also said that he has been calling me for the last 2 weeks but can't get in touch with me. I asked him why he did not leave a mesg. He said he did, which I have never gotten.

In short, 2 weeks out, I have not received what I have paid for, got nothing but headache, lies and deceits. I am very unhappy and decided to cancel the purchase. I am waiting for my refund. I would not recommend this company. In my case, they appear as if they don't know what customer service is all about. Also, made me wonder if all the positive comments are really true.

TN,
    Nashville, TN.

freparkng Sep 13, 2010

Hello Fred, my name is Craig, let me check on that for you...

unfortunately it looks as if I'll have to issue a full refund on that; tracking information still has not updated on the original package and we no longer have these in stock at the moment

I can issue that now and you should see the funds tonight

Fred 9:15:39 AM

when will the credit take place

ok, i'll confirm my account tomorrow

Craig 9:16:10 AM

alright Fred I'll go ahead and issue that refund. I certainly apologize

Fred 9:16:25 AM

I'm assuming it will be a full refund

Craig 9:16:50 AM

correct

100%

94.90

Fred 9:16:59 AM

Thank you for your honesty.

Thank you for your honesty.

fred

Craig 9:17:22 AM

Fred 9:17:37 AM

fyi, your still advertising on e-bay for that model

Craig 9:17:58 AM

I'll get that taken care of

thanks for the info

freparkng Sep 17, 2010

Final Ending, I spoke with Nick a Supvisor at ikeyless.com, gota say he came thru.

He cares about the company and picked up the ball.

He got my account straightened out.

Cancled the order.

Had my refund issued in 24hrs.

Gave me auto advise.

Offered me the product with a discount, when available.

I can not say anything negative about him.

Nick, Thank you very much.

fred

• Ra
    Rachkov Oct 07, 2010

Ordered remote for Subaru, said it was shipped, and in fact it never was, they don't even have one. Said I supposed to get a "sorry" email, bull$#*! it never came. Don't use these idiots.

• Do
    Dont waist your money Dec 06, 2010

Ordered three remotes and two keys. No mention that THEY SELL USED PRODUCTS. If I wanted USED PRODUCTS I would have gone to a JUNK YARD. If you want USED CRAP then take your chance with these jerks. If you want to be misled and sold USED PRODUCTS, then this is the company for you.

• Ba
    Badbizness Dec 15, 2010

The most fraudulent company I have ever had the displeasure of doing business with. An absolute scam in every sense of the word. The remote never worked, the owner told me I would get a full refund, sent it back still waiting for a refund 3 months later. Amazingly no one answers the phones, I have called literally 100 times and not once received a call back from Rick Lehecka, or Ann in the so call refund department. Do yourself a favor stay far far far away from the most dishonest people I have ever met. I spent $241.21 sent for absolute garbage.

• Th
    thisguy83 Dec 16, 2010

Before placing my order I did a search to find reviews and ran across this site, which almost made me look for another online retailer. After noticing that iKeyless had a rep posting in here offering to rectify some of the bad situation I checked resellerratings.com too and decided to take a chance. Now that I have two working remotes I felt I should post in here to give them a little credit since I did not have a bad experience at all.

The remotes arrived and were exactly what I expected from the description, new, OEM remotes with batteries already installed. The remotes required programming at a dealer and they had no problems getting that done. In the end I spent the same for the two remotes and programming as I would have if I had purchased one remote from the dealer without the programming. I can finally use my remote start again!

There were two very minor things that I ran into, but I'd still recommend iKeyless.com. My total purchase price got mixed up, but it was for the better. I fully expected one price but the online receipt showed less and the email receipt showed what I expected. It turned out to be because of a holiday promo not reflected on the website pricing and after a quick online chat with their support I was issued a credit that was posted to my account a few days later. The other thing I didn't like was the order tracking. Another quick chat with online support and I had a tracking number. I'm more annoyed with USPS about that though because they don't seem to update their tracking info besides when the package arrives and when it gets delivered.

• Rb
    rbruce2886 Dec 24, 2010

Thanks to everyone for posting and allowing me to avoid making a mistake.

• Me
    MEL7501 Jan 04, 2011

FYI - I tried to post this on Reseller Ratings, but NO GO...
    Anyway Do not buy here …..and Where do I start..I guess from the beginning:
    12/3 I ordered one Transponder key and one Remote 3 button key combo for my Lexus LX470 – The guy I ordered from says it is easy process; buy the keys, have them cut and follow instructions to get them programmed
    12/14 receive keys and got them cut later that week and began the programming process. Not exactly to straight forward since you are using two keys “Your Master” and “New Key” and the directions don’t state, which one is which. Anyway programming didn’t work. I email / create problem ticket to ikeyless on the weekend. (FYI don’t have keys cut until remote is programmed)
    12/21 I receive a little different programming instructions. I try this and still no go
    12/21 later I Call ikeyless and new guys insist on sending me another set of instructions. I receive them via email and they are the same instructions I received in the morning.
    12/22 They decide to send out another Remote 3 button combo.
    12/ 27 week of …I receive keys and test the programming on 12/30. Again instructions were not allowing me to get into programming mode, it seemed to work before, but wasn’t happening. I call ikeyless again, they tell me to take to dealer and have them program it for me (defeating the purpose of saving money). I call around to try finding someone who may be able to give me some inside advice, but no go. I go to the web and search and find new set of instruction from a “Lexus Club” member. Go out and try the new program and “voila” remote is working. Then I go to the next step and try the ignition transponder. Crap…. No GO. Call ikeyless again (because I am a masochist) and no help so again I go to the web and find another set of instructions.
    12/28 I try new instructions for the ignition, but no go. Call ikeyless and again tell me to go to dealer. After the call I remember I had the transponder key and thought I would give it a try and “voila” it worked so I try the 3 button remote again and again and again, but nothing. I call ikeyless again, but know help. She tells me to just let car settle down for 20 mines and retry….What……This is electronics not a race horse. Anyway I humor her and me and try, but still no go. I had another memory recall in that I never tried the original bad key in the process. So I give it shot in “voila” this one works. So I have one key the does the remote lock and unlock and anther key that works in the ignition. At this point I decide to open the keys up and see if there is anything I can do. As open up keys I notice that they have been used….were did it say I was getting reconditioned keys?????? So I call back to explain my overall disappointment on process and 2nd hand keys…. The gal really can’t help so she gets another tech guy who suggest I open up the brains of the keys and exchange transponder so that I can create one fully functional key. I said this was above my ability and he needs to send a “new key” (3rd one). Anyway this is were we left it and out frustration and fear I getting crap again I put on my technical skills hat, opened the brains and swapped what I thought was the transponder and “voila” I do have one full functioning key. Long story short do not buy from these guys……go to a dealer. I am sure with all my time, cost of the key, and headache medication, I am well above any dealer cost. I felt like I was dealing with owners of a junk yard.. I still have a second hand key and don’t know what the life estimate is…..

• Ty
    tynman88 Mar 15, 2011

I ordered a factory remote for my car from ikeyless and they have the right fcc id numbers for my car but the shipping I paid for did not take "3-5 business days." I quote from their website. I haven't even received my remote yet and I talked to a few people from customer support and one today said they back ordered my remote and they shipped it today and cannot refund it. My bank is so good they gave me what I paid for it and are going after them for their money now. DO NOT ORDER FROM IKEYLESS.COM. They have poor customer service and false advertise.

• Pi
    piss the hell off Mar 30, 2011

well i dont know what is going on with ikeyless.com i ordered a remote for my chysler 300 and the next day i thought. hey lets see if the shipped it off. guess what they didnt i called that number they post guess what it was a fax number wtf, when i finally got a number to call they were closed sounded so genergic. i was like wow. how can people get away with this stuff its more expensive but the dealers are the best bet... never again..l hey can i get my money back...

• Un
    unbelievablybadservice Apr 27, 2011

Order #: 103420 -- I wrote iKeyless before purchasing, and asked about the bad reviews. They convinced me they would do right by me, and honestly, it went SO WRONG. We purchased 2 remotes and 2 keys for '08 Saturn Outlook. Got the keys set up after one visit to locksmith, not a huge problem. The remotes were another story. After going a locksmith, to our dealer, and then another dealer, and finding out that we had the wrong remotes, we had spent a lot of time and energy. At the 3rd dealer we were worn out, and just bought two new remotes there (they also charge for setting up iKeyless remotes).
    Now iKeyless says THEY sent us the WRONG Saturn '08 remotes. Yet will not give us a refund because we are past 30 days. We don't want store credit, we don't need anything else, we just want our cash back!!

• Un
    unbelievablybadservice May 04, 2011

Order #: 103420 -- I wanted to update my recent negative post. After I posted this message Ikeyless contacted me to apologize for having given the wrong information. Because they sent me the wrong product, they would be happy to refund. They sent us 1 correct remote, and are planning to refund the cost of the other. All of this was done very promptly, so I ended up happy.

• Do
    DoxieMommie Jun 17, 2011

I also purchased two key fob remotes. No where any where listed does it say these are USED remotes that are not even the correct key fobs that go with my vehicle. I contacted them when I recieved the two used fobs and made mention to them that it does not indicate that these are used and not new. Apparently under their "terms and conditions" very small fine print at the bottom this is what it indicates. I finally received an RMA to return the remotes. I shipped back to them via UPS on MY dime and yet, when I received refund notification, they clearly deducted $4.95 for shipping. I PAID for shipping these USED remotes to me, and now I PAID again to return them, and iKeyless KEEPS MY shipping?
    What a scam. what a joke. I would not ever order from them. Buyers take heed. Proceed with your purchase at your own risk. I will be contacting the BBB. This is completely unacceptable.

IkeylessCS Jun 23, 2011

DoxieMommie, can you please email me directly at [email protected] or call me at [protected] so I can get this issue worked out for you?

Thanks,
    Ikeyless Customer Service

James Wordy Aug 20, 2011

I ordered a Lexus key on August 8 and it was charged to my card at that time. There website says ship in 2 to 5 days well it's now 11 days and UPS doesn't take 11 days to deliver anywhere in this country.
    I have stopped payment with my credit card company and I will refuse any merchandise that I receive. I needed this key in an almost semi-emergency situation and this company didn't deliver within a reasonable amount of time. After looking at these complaints i'm sure I would have received a used key anyway!!!

• Bi
    Bigstrappin Sep 08, 2011

GOOD luck trying to get them to answer the phone like they advertise!!!