IJLPromotes Cheaters - Beware ladies!

Beware! I caught my boyfriend of 18 months on an IJL date about three weeks ago. I told IJL right away - even sent them his email messages to me tell me that he was "visiting his grandmother in the nursing home" that evening and to meet him at his apartment at 8pm and saying that he "loved me". He had said he bought a ring and we were talking of getting engaged at the time. I also let them know about how he had been kicked out of a landmark restaurant near them (permanently) for drunken lewd behavior. So, you'd think that IJL would cut him off as an "undesirable" wouldn't you? They should do credit checks on their clients - this guy is hardly a "professional". After this snafu (understatement) we tried to work things out. I thought we were on the right track. But, what do you know - they were STILL setting him up. So - ladies - I think they are so hard up for men that they will take anyone - even ones they know to be cheaters. I have learned my lesson - I am not gonna bother trying to put this humpty dumpty of a relationship back together! And when it comes to meeting someone - paying $1600 doesn't mean anything - you have just as good of a chance at meeting a decent available guy on the train! The "matchmakers" should be ashamed there - they have no one's best interest at heart but their own!

• Pa
    Patriccia Sullivan Mar 10, 2016

I joined IJL months ago with the promise of dates. To this date I have had one, very unexceptionable, date with a man who was a filthy mouthed pig. I have requested at least a partial refund, we will see. Does any one know how I can be part of the class action suit against IJL that is going on now ??? Please be smarter that I was & DO NOT join.

• Co
    Coco1987 Jul 09, 2016

This site is just a venue for your boyfriend to do what he would have done anyway. For you to contact the company and tell them your personal problems is sort of baffling. I'm sure they got a laugh out of it, because after all he's a paying customer and like all businesses, they need to make money. They don't care if he's a cheater, or if he's married, or if he's a criminal or anything else. Do you think match.com gives credit and background checks to everyone who signs up? Of course not, they assume people can decide for themselves if they want to meet someone.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices