Having problems with iBuyPower?

iBuyPower reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 14, 2007. The latest review Prebuilt mid tier "gaming" pc was posted on Apr 16, 2021. The latest complaint Huge marketing scam was resolved on Jan 13, 2010. iBuyPower has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 8 reviews. iBuyPower has resolved 2 complaints.

iBuyPower Customer Service Contacts

529 N. Baldwin Park Blvd.
City of Industry, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with iBuyPower Customer Service. Initial iBuyPower complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for iBuyPower above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about iBuyPower. Discuss the issues you have had with iBuyPower and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

iBuyPower Complaints & Reviews

iBuyPowerPrebuilt mid tier "gaming" pc

I purchased an i7 2060 super prebuilt nearly a year ago. I have had nothing but problems with windows and installs and updates for the entire time i have owned this. At first i figured it was just all the BS from microgarbage that was having issues (because, lets be real, they messed up everything they touched in 202 and so far 2021 as well).
Well time has gone on and all i can conclude at this point is that the preinstalled OS was and hass always had a corruption issue; that, overtime, compouunds issues with the OS updates and general use of the user's apps.
Time has passed im not out of the '30day' warranty, and thanks to waiting for windows, and assuming this was a reasonable purchase, am stuck with a constantly struggling PC that cannot keep up with another 10year old pc in my house. This is disgusting to say the least.
I will not ever buy ibuypower again and i will absolutely go blue in the face steering anyone who asks about the offered prebuilts away from this company.|
The entire way this has gone has struck me as a lack of qc and proper setup and unfortunately is a problem you would not notice in the warranty window offered (welll played and sneakily executed). I find the line about user installing OS voiding the warranty sickening. Now that my pc is knackered, if i did a wipe and reinstall, this would garuntee a run around bs argument of 'you don it'. Legitmately structuring your policies around stopping users/owners/supporters from fixing halfassed product assembly, is beyound foul and the owners of ibuy should be both disgusted with themselves and ashamed at their word play on the consumer base.

iBuyPowerI was hung up on after waiting an hour.

Order number: F565EX
    Order has been in "sent to shipping" status since 3/12/2021 when will a label be created for my purchase?
    I tried to call the numbers provided only to be disconnected after an hour of being on hold. I was next in line.
    Can someone please update me on my order issue?

iBuyPowerMsi ge72 apache pro gaming laptop

Well, I bought this MSI Laptop in June of 2016. Here it is at the end of January 2017 and I still don't own my laptop because it has been necessary to send it back 3 times for repairs.

The first couple times they didn't even fix the problem. Just sent it to MSI to repair (which they didn't do) sent it back to iBuypower to test (which they obviously didn't do) then sent it back to me still broken. 7 1/2 months now and I still don't own my laptop and am not very confident when I do get it back that it will be fixed. If and when I do get it back the warranty will be almost half over and I didn't even get to use it during that time.

Multiple employees at iBuypower told me that it was common place to refund or replace a laptop after a 3rd repair in a short period of time but they can't authorize it. Who can? Richard Lee apparently, except good luck getting a hold of him. But after several calls and a long time on hold I did get to speak to him. His solution.

Nothing. Sorry I can't help you, would you like the RMA department? No I say, I would like my money back or to talk to your supervisor. There is no one else to talk to he says.

I say you don't have a boss? No he says. A CEO I say. Well of course he says, so give me his name and number.

I can't do that. OK well who can you give me. Nobody he says. So I say, you don't have a supervisor?

It goes from the CEO straight to you? No he says, now you are making things up. Well then who above you can I talk to. Nobody he says.

And if I'm just going to ask the same questions then he is going to hang up on me, which he did. WORST company and customer service I have EVER dealt with.

DO NOT SHOP HERE!YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Msi ge72 apache pro gaming laptop

iBuyPowerTerrible!

iBuyPower is the worst company I have ever dealt with! Purchased a computer from them and mine arrived broken! Its front panel was smashed. I contacted iBuyPower customer service and their rep said they can fix it, so I paid for the return shipping and sent it back. They refused to refund me or replace the computer and claimed that it was not their fault it arrived damaged. They said that the only thing they could do for me was a repair service, so I agreed.
        When they received the computer they called me and asked for money!! I refused to pay and they said ok. One week passed and I received my computer back and it looked the same - nothing was done! I contacted them and they said that without money they will do nothing. iBuyPower is a total joke, avoid at all costs!!

www.ibuypower.comThey refused to change defective laptop

I bought laptop from the company www.ibuypower.com. I paid and received the order, but as I understood that the seller has sent me defective laptop and it stopped to work so quickly. I contacted the rep today, but it turned out that they couldn’t replace it. The precise cause of their refusal hasn’t been provided. The company is strange and too dodgy, so be careful, when you deal with them.

ibuypower.comHuge marketing scam

24 Next Day Delivery Rush Server is impossible for them to abide by. When you call and complain about it, they tell you that "Rush Service" will be refunded to you after you receive the PC you ordered.

If you cannot provide a server, don't say you offer it. It is a marketing scam to reel people into buying a PC because they think they can get it next day... And suddenly wait 2-3 weeks for a PC that should have been on their doorstep the next day (or 2 days etc..) depending on their shipping methods.

They have it advertised all over their website about 24-hour build times and out the door.. Yet, when you call and complain about your PC not being shipped after it being a week, they tell you it is because of high volume of PCs... Well, then they should grey out the option and not have people waste their money on it.

• Cz
                czarinalinda Jan 22, 2012

We had same problem and it just appeared three weeks later and broke within a month and after sending back with massive problems it was mis packaged and sent back supposedly fixed. Well, it did not work, came back with more problems than when it went with, mother board and hard drive failure and customer service is the worst I have EVER dealt with. I am going to make it my mission to spread the word all over the net to stay away. The Customer Service dept. told me too bad for me as I will just have to "eat" the $1500 we paid for it. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMP;ANY.

iBuyPowerP.C Products

Oh My, Never, Ever, Ever buy a product form this company. The customer service and any associated help goes out of the window as soon as they have your money. I bought a $2000 p.c from them which subsequently stopped working entirely 2 weeks later, Their Customer Service rep Steve (whom I always seemed to get no matter when I called, and who appeared to be a cell phone) was completely useless and argumentative. After a further two weeks they agreed to take my computer back to look at it. I demanded a refund and had to pay $200 to ship it back to them.

They then accused me of not sending everything back and only refunded me half of my money, not including the shipping as promised so I was out $1200 bucks and my bank also agreed there was nothing they could do.

My recommendation? Pay the extra $200 bucks ahead of time and buy a Dell!

• My
                  Myzery30101 Dec 21, 2009

Ouch... I was about to buy a new pc from there but now i changed my mind. I have also run into several other posts of people that had the same thing happen to them.

ibuypower.com — Customer Service

Do not, no matter how tempting, ever buy a computer from this company. The company is a third party that...