Hyatt Residence Clubtimeshare management

S Jan 07, 2019

I'm an owner at Hyatt Sunset Harbor in Key West, Florida. In June, 2018, a construction project in the pool area was undertaken that was supposed to take a few weeks. It's now January, 2019, and it's still torn up. I pay probably the highest timeshare management fees in Florida, or the U.S. It's obvious this project was mismanaged, as on site staff was blaming the town of Key West for holding up permits. A professionally managed project would have sought and received proper permitting before demolition started. If they weren't familiar with the process, the could have hired a local attorney to represent our interests. I have an equitable interest in this property. I made 4 attempts by email to the site manager to obtain the contact with the City of Key West to get their side of the story. I was deliberately kept in the dark about who from the city was on this project, and who from Hyatt or Marriott the ultimate owner of Hyatt Residence Club was responsible. I've had 2 stays in the past month at the resort with the pool area torn up. Not happy with the concealment of this job to a timeshare owner. I don't know how the Hyatt "government" works and what I can do about it.