Hyattpoor quality and overbooking

This is my 3rd attempt to complain to the Hyatt Corporation. Two weeks ago on May 27th, my wife and I had reservations at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Resort. We were celebrating our 31st. wedding anniversary at our favorite hotel with heightened expectations! In addition to our anniversary, we were staying an additional night to have our adopted children join us for one day to enjoy the water slides.

The weekend stay began with my wife and I arriving at the hotel around 8:00 pm after attending a play in Los Angeles. To our utter dismay, the hotel had overbooked and only had one room available directly across the alley from a wedding venue that loudly went on until 11:30 pm. That news was bad enough until we entered the room that was filthy!! ( not overstated). We contacted the front desk and were told that we could wait to have someone come and clean but my wife decided to clean it herself as we were trying to begin a romantic evening. We were also told that we would be transferred to the room we had requested in the morning.

The next day we were moved to a respectable room but on the 15th floor of the tower building. This would have been acceptable except for the fact that when I made my reservation, I specifically asked to not be placed in the tower for personal reasons. I reiterated that fact the night we checked in. Again, we were told that nothing could be done to accommodate us, and again we had to acquiesce as we had no choice. To make this little vacation even more of a struggle the waterslides were broken and we got to watch men in hazmat type suits work on the slides for the entire weekend.

I would like to point out that the front desk people were very apologetic and courteous but that didn't help much with the overall situation. They did give us a $50.00 voucher, free parking as some room tax taken off, but again, the overall experience was so tainted that the gestured seemed almost minimal.

I would like to say that this was all we endured but the final blow was a day after we came home and I was in the desert and went to charge something on my Visa and the card was declined. I quickly contacted my bank who told me that a large amount had been charged to the card from the Hyatt. When my wife and I had checked into the hotel we handed them our Mastercard that has double miles and told them to put the hotel and all charges on it. I personally handed the card to the desk person and assumed they swiped the card accordingly. I immediately contacted the Hyatt finance dept. as was told that they had never received the Mastercard, intimating that I was mistaken or making it up. ( I was livid to put it mildly). I was told I had to find access to a computer so they could send me an authorization form for the Mastercard. I had to leave the desert and drive home 60 miles to make sure that I could accommodate the Hyatt's wishes.

I have never felt so unappreciated and un accommodated in my life, I have also been very suprised at the lack of response from my previous complaints on this matter but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, as this seems to be following a pattern. This used to be our favorite hotel in San Diego when we visit our daughter ( who used to work at the spa), but we will certainly change things up in the future as well as tell all of our friends. Judging by the lack of response from the Hyatt, I don' t imagine this will even be a blip on the radar, so sad!!

Ronald Brusca