Hughesnetemail is in the dark ages!

I had my email under Direcway for 4 years until somebody, without my consent and without amending my service contract, switched it to "Hughes.net." Now I cannot relay email, nor can I use another ISP to receive email. Under Direcway, I could use a local ISP which was on all of my stationary and internet accounts. This ISP had an excellent Spam and virus control which I could set the sensitivity and delete the spam myself. Now, I have no idea if there is any spam or virus control with Hughes.net because they have no settings for it. In my Eudora account which defaults to a "dominant" personality, Hughes.net will not allow the relay. In addition, they claim that some of my recipient's email addresses, one of which is my nephew, may have been forged and refuse to deliver the mail! I have tried to talk with techs from India, who even a Hindi couldn't understand, and he was hopeless. It is a mess and a breach of the original contract that I had with Direcway! I am prepared to set up a blog to fight these incompetents. If you want to help, pleas email me - although you may get a message that my address has been "forged."

jess_ica_ks Nov 14, 2018

These are the rudest customer service reps EVER!. They don't tell you, you are in a 2 YEAR CONTRACT. They provide horrible service all around. Do Not connect their service!!!

mariaaharrington Nov 12, 2018

eta fee no refund no English speaking reps is there nothing we can do

• Ge
    george hyman Oct 14, 2018

They guaranteed me a price of $59.00 a month with a two year contract, and on the 3rd month they went up to $80.00, and the service was so slow, i can't even use it!

• Ff
    Ffffgggggggggghhhhhhhjj Sep 05, 2018

My internet renews on the 14th of every month my husband used our computer for 1 hour and the went on vacation out of state no one was home our one computer off came back 3 days later and it's saying we have no internet left
    They won't let me speak to a manager
    Filing a credit card claim in the morning
    Jnana carroll case number 107618246t

Comments

• Pa
    Paul Brinkley Sep 03, 2018

Why cant we get a local phone number. I have been informed we cannot even get an 847 area number, we have at least 7 prefixes in the area. This results in all calls coming in are long distance. We were assigned an 501 area number which is the area about !00 miles south. I f we cant get an area number why are we not informed of this upfront.

• Ki
    Kimberly Self Sep 01, 2018

I have never had Hughes net service nor have I ever resided at the service address yet I am being billed and harassed with threatening credit consequences and measures by Hughesnet if I don't pay this $60 bill for last month of service????

jessica3383 Aug 28, 2018

50 gigs in 3 hours gone really need a call asap we paid 450 for our equipment and for data to move that fast got to be a ripoff we had this problem for a while need someone to contact us asap or we will be going public with this [protected]

• Ra
    Rajkumar meena Aug 16, 2018

Your tech support is drastically poor, one of the worst service I have ever seen...in my life I'll try to switch from your as many ways as possible. I have no good words about Hughes...

• El
    Ellis daniel Aug 15, 2018

House installed at 3350 Wilton sumter sc I do not want anything installed on my roof you need to ck tax records or something to verify that your customer owns home the renter called to have it removed but now I gave to repair roof my name is Ellis Daniel at [protected] home owner

• Ro
    rosej58 Jan 31, 2011

Now I dont feel that my nightmare was wrong. I have read everybody compliant about Hughesnet. Why are we letting them get away with this. Now understand I have never filed a suit before but in Hughesnet case we need to do something. They will continue to screw people of these United States of American . I wish somebody would file on there but with the fcc. There billing is out of this world and no they dont respond to letter that you write why because they dont have to They are Hughesnet. I have nine more month on there contract. if I have to do without inteent service so be it because i live on a rural area where Hughesnet find all there people like me. I am so upset. We need help!

jeannebrat2010 Dec 14, 2010

Cant stand Hughes net. They said it was Very fast. Next to comcast being a 10 Hughes net is a 1. Don't get it. I hear broadband is faster? Hughes net rep said Nasa uses it there so fast. Well I have had nothing but trouble. The internet rarely works at a decent speed. When it does it won't for 2 days in a row. It doesnt have a decent speed until late at night. during the day if the computer has been on to long forget it. My computer I took to my office and it ran perfect on verizon so its not my computer. It's the crappy provider.

Sandra K. Jul 23, 2010

I totally agree with everything. I made the mistake of switching to Hughesnet. Did not sign a contract. Have not been able to open up my email thru hughesnet. It shows I have 21 emails, but I can't read them. I called the company to say I was disappointed and want to cancel my service with them. They informed me that I had to stay with them for another 5 months or pay an additional $250 for early cancellation. This is a ripoff!!!

• St
    STARfffff Jun 16, 2010

SIR/MADAM,
    I M FROM INDIA(my email add: [email protected]), I GOT THE FOLLOWING MAIL, IS IT TRUE ?
    NOW DIPLOMAT DAVID REX IS IN INDIA(MUMBAY)
    HE CALL ME TO COLLECT THE PRIZE AND HE DEMAND 29.000 INR AS CUSTUME DUTY.
    HIS CELL PHONE NO. IS +[protected]

(I)Dear: e-Mail Winner,

The WINDOWS LIVE & MICROSOFT WINDOWS has set out and successfully
    organized a Sweepstakes marking the beginning of year anniversary. We
    rolled out over 10, 000.000.00 (10 million e-mails) to mark the 2010
    Anniversary Draws.Participants for the draws were randomly selected and
    drawn from a wide range of web hosts which we enjoy their BETA patronage
    attaching personalized email addresses to ticket numbe which subsequently won you (One Million Pounds
    Sterling)(£1, 000 000) as one of the 10 jackpot winners in this draw.

Please contact our fiduciary agent for claims with the contact below
    Agent.

Congratulation!!!

Sincerely,
    Rose Woods (Mrs.)

(2)DEAR WINNER

In this regard we want you to be aware that our Diplomat David Rex will leave United Kingdom this evening to Deliver your winning package(1million pounds sterlings) to you in person in INDIA. So you are advise to clear up your Winning package from the Custom Deprtment as soon as the Diplomat gets to INDIA.

Dr. David Rex the Diplomat will give you a call immediately he arrives INDIA and also notify you through email. We hope this be a better option for you. As soon as you clear up your winning package from our Diplomat, Kindly inform us for further correspondent and to update our records.

Also note that your details have been forwarded to our Diplomat Dr. David Rex, as soon as you receive his phone call you are to proceed further with him so that your won price money can be credited to your local bank account.

Name: Diplomat David Rex
    Arrival Date: June 14th 2010
    Note: Your won price will be arriving your country within 26 hours

Once again i say congratulations and do keep us informed of the present situaition.

Best Regards,
    Carl Robbison
    +[protected]
    PARCEL(A cheque from H.S.B.C. BANK issued in your name) DISPATCH FROM UNITED KINGDOM TO INDIA.

• Hughesnet:

a) Lied about installation costs
    b) In writing they promis a refund--I was installed on 04/29/10, I requested service turn off on 05/04/10, the company received their equipment in good condition at the Maryland facility on 05/19/10
    Today when I was in an email chat with a woman in the Philipinnes (other than sales--there are not US call centers--understand, no US call centers) there is no refund to be found--start the process all over again.
    c) I was promised a rebate on the purchase of the equipment--turns out that the rebate company in ME is nothing more than a mailbox--no rebate--also no way to track the rebate--the mailbox was not even shwred enough to put in a fake website.
    d) Got outstanding cable (Roadrunner, through Time Warner)--when looking over the installation, the Time Warner guy was able to show the installation flaws that led to the dissatisfaction.
    e) perhaps if I had spoken with somebody in the US who had some ide of how to help me I would not have cancelled. But if this comapny will not invest in my ownm economy who needs the yellow togued skallywags

• Ig
    IGNIT Mar 03, 2010

I absolutely agree - 1000%! I have literally spent 20 to 40 hours to 60 hours per week on the phone with them - until 4:00 a.m. I absolutely wish I was exaggerating. I have had problems during all hours, not just peak; and have been given every excuse in the book - and have been required to do the same things over and over, again (they're just troubleshooting, of course, but never can seem to fix any of their problems). This takes hours during for each phone call. Thank God, I am out of a contract, but don't know who to trust, at this point. Do not get into a contract with this one!!

• Ri
    Richard Finding Dec 01, 2009

Hughes net sucks Iv'e also got g-mail which I totally depend on because hughes net is junk the better business bureau should make akk atemps at shutting them down and that hughes internet service is a big time rip off I did most of our installation because hughes sent out this over weight fibbled minded lazy ### to put up the dish and do the wiring what a joke this clown was totally pathitic and then they had the nerve to charge me $125.00 my contract is up the 22 of this month Dec 2009 and trust me their gone and I plan to use the dish for my 270 target practise (STAY CLEAR OF HUGHES)

• Np
    nprincess22 Aug 15, 2009

We moved from Michigan where I had cable for tv and internet. ( I miss them so much ) It was directway when I moved to Ohio and may I add we are out in the country with cows and very few houses and this is only internet you can get. I have not been able to use there home page or get mail as it always says my name or password is not right so I call they get me in I change pass word ( which was right to start with ) the very next day is same, so I told them if you need to reach me I give them my yahoo address as never have trouble with name or pass word. I was never told about the fair access policy till one day nothing would open so called was told I had to many down loads so when he checks he tells me is from windows updates, antivirus and other scan from internet explorer so he says I tell you this please to set them to run from 2a.m till 6a.m...for this I got slow running computer for over 24 hours...I don't listen to music have lime wire and then last Friday I got it again. every time they get a new box it says is free...but cost use $125. and they bill you credit card before you get any thing. We pay our bill on credit card because for them to send us a bill in mail would cost another $5.00...do you all remember they said all you need is a clear sky to get internet they never said how much it will cost you and everytime they tell you you have a 2 year contract. trust me if there was another internet here I would been gone. plus when we first got it it cost us $700. and we had to wait and wait but they make sure they bill your credit card while you wait...in ohio there have people from W.V. to come here and many have truck trouble or sick...list is long! I think for almost $70. a month I should not have my speed cut off for 24 hours...what do I pay them for? I hate here service...when I have to call for help I get headache and blood pressure goes up as you can't understand them and I tell them right off I am NOT Bill gates so go slow...lol and they give you so many number to write down as case # in case you need to call again. Maybe together we can get this unfair policy back off and maybe before I die I can get in to my mail in hughes.net

hughesnetsucksblackass Jul 24, 2009

cant understand the damn pakys. and i even ask for someone who speaks clear english and they are no better!!! the FAP sucks ### cnat stand it.. im working off of FAP on right now.. at least once a week it does this... its a rip off.. DO NOT GET HUGHES NET!!! IT SUCKS BIG FAT BLACK ###!!!

• Li
    Lisa mc Jul 14, 2009

signed up for hughes net and cancelled the same day after eating up megs. setting up computer. and being cut from internet. sent back equipment and received a e mail saying parts are back ordered? we replied twice that we had cancelled and can't get a paper response, only their assurance by voice that a refund will be generated once they get our $ from credit card. same old song and dance, they said they e mailed us a cancellation confirmation but didn't, said they can't send a second? we can't contact them by e at customer service because we don't have hughesnet e account, because we cancelled. no address e or USP to contact, no other way but phone across the oceans to get satisfaction...not to be had. called and wrote our credit card company and hope for help. get hughesnet and you are in for a disappointment and a lot of aggravation

• Pa
    PamDC Jul 02, 2009

I've been having a lot of problems with Hughesnet myself. We moved from the basic package to the professional package (and of course, costs more) and for about a week it seemed to be better. Now, months later our service is worse than dialup and no one at hughesnet seems to give a hoot. I tried to download a file tonight (45 megs) and it was going to take almost 3 hours, so I cancelled the download. I've not downloaded any files from online purchases for a couple of months now and do expect when I want to, to be able to execute this quickly and efficiently. Over the last 6 weeks I have had mega problems with my uploads to and when I do a speed test, often find an upload speed of anywhere from 0 (yes, 0) to 57 (unless I want to stay up until 2am in the morning when I can upload between 99 and 157). I am at my wits end. I rely on my internet service as an online instructor and an artist selling digital products. Unfortunately, living in the boonies I have very few options ... I am looking into Wild Blue that some use and are happy with (although they seem only to do general browsing) ... but it seems until I can up and move from this locale I am stuck paying over the odds for a service that is inferior to the dialup I had previously. When I enrolled in this service it was still DirecWay and I had absolutely no problems at all (it was awesome in fact). I think this is a case of "we need a critical mass" of people all willing to sign a petition and send it to the appropriate authority about this organization (the name escapes me but my son knows where to send it) ... Does anyone know if a petition has been initiated or a lawsuit against hughesnet?

Manuel Jun 16, 2009

I think it should be ilegal to advertise "Internet faster than dial up" It's in no way faster than dial up, and their customer service is horrible. I can never be online for more than 10 minutes before the internet starts going away and showing me some acceleration web error crap. I am so sick of it! And check your e-mail in seconds? ### ### ###!!! I can't even check my freaking e-mail and I can't even dream of sending attached pictures! I can only see one youtube video per day and when I decided to call their customer service, oh my god! It was the most frustrating experience! Oh I hope this comment goes trough but with this Hughes Net you never know because with Hughes Net, guess what? You are still f...ing waiting!

Hughsnet is the worst Jun 11, 2009

If you are thinking of getting this service, don't. Between the FAP of them limiting your downloads and SLOW speeds they are selling something they cannot deliver.

I ran some speed tests, on the hughesnet site over the past few days and got upload speed of 13, 26, 34, no really for real that was the result. They saw the results and didn't care. They have oversubscribed the network and are selling something they cannot provide period. I will not even go into the awful customer service that they have outsourced to. Want a refund? good luck. I have an $80 connection that at times dial up would be 2x-5x faster than. Stay away.

• Ro
    ronstephens Mar 13, 2009

• Gm
    gmyers Mar 10, 2009

Thank you Thank you Thank you all of you. I have been looking into ordering HughesNet because I live out in the country and no other internet is available to me except AT&T dialup (which sucks). I thought that I had better check some message boards before I spend that kind of money and lock myself into a contract. So thank you to all of you who posted here. You've just saved me from making a huge mistake. I hope there is a class action lawsuit so your problems can be resolved.

hughesnet rebelion Feb 10, 2009

i have had hughes net for a couple of months now, and unfortunately have no idea where else to go. i don't feel the need to describe what this souless company has done (or not done) that has cause me to look for others who have similar problems. many of you have had problems with hughesnet and i may have a solution. i have seen countless blogs related to the inefficiencies of hughesnet and there is actually a website (hughesnetsucks.com) so there isn't a shortage of others. i have contacted some media people with little luck. the local newspaper in NC said they might be able to do something. but how much can ONE local newspaper do. if there are people out there who are serious about bringing hughesnet to there knees, i would like you to send me an e-mail ([email protected]) i am looking for anybody and everybody. i don't need to know the problems you had/have with them, but, i would like to know if you have qualifications or connections( ie.. lawyer, media, technical experience) anything that can help. if you go to other blogs on this issue, spread the word, my name is Alex Harrell and i want bring hughesnet down.

• Re
    RennieMay Feb 06, 2009

I completely agree, they suck... I did not have access to DSL/Cable so had to use satelight internet. This was the only company I knew of and all you ever get is excusses about how you must have downloaded your quota for the day. Unfortunately, most of us believe the commercial. If there ever is a class action, I think all of us would be on that bandwagon.

Casey Taylor Feb 04, 2009

Beginning of Feb. 2009 I purchased Hughes Net. Quite possibly the biggest mistake of my life. After I had the homeless looking installer come and put up the satellite, it was only an hour and a half my internet turned weirdly slow. As a programmer myself I knew immediately it was a Internet Service Provider "error". So I called the "trusty" Hughes Net technical support staff. In the chaos of understanding the foreign mans solutions, I was introduced to an abbreviation called FAP. In the confusion I asked what Fair Access Policy was (being computer oriented I was shocked to not know what FAP was), the stated that I was limited to a certain number of downloads per 24 hours. I immediately knew I've been "had"!. Please anybody that is closed to the law or higher authorities file a lawsuit immediately against this company! This is deceptive advertising and unspeakable lousy service. Please contact me at [email protected] to give me any information help anybody file a lawsuit or contact the BBB to pursue charges against this company.

P.S. to the Verizon subscriber: I am actually not red neck and live in a rural area. Your rhetoric really shows that you are just as low as these so called executives that don't care about American citizens. Please no more antics go find a friend!

• La
    Larry Feb 01, 2009

Somebody in the Goverment needs to stop the untrue statements that Hughsnet is advertising on the TV! I have been with them since march of 2004, and when it was Directway the service was expensive (the equipment cost me about $1000 just to start with) but ok. But since Hughsnet has come in to the picture it has been a compleate mess! I can never get online, or let's say 20 min. to open your email box is normal? and thats before opening anything inside of that! and the excuses they give are just a bunch of bull! I don't download video clips, I can't! and to think of down loading a full movie is a pipe dream. and all they can seem to tell me is to keep hammering away at them speed tests! I'M TIRED OF THEM F__KING TESTS !!! What we have here is a case of blatent fraud and a pack of lies. They say maybe I need to upgrade to another package, the truth is I'm afraid to, as then I would be tied to another two year contract with the lying crooks. Hay I've paid my dues, maybe they should upgrade me for free and if it's the same old thing I can at lest get out of it if I need to. but it's as though nobody even gives a ###! I thought there were some kind of laws against untrue advertising! I would be very interested in a class action law sute if it ever comes up.

• Da
    Dale Ransom Dec 10, 2008

I was working on the internet, I lost my connection and was not able to connect back to the internet. I called customer service and spent over 2 hrs with them. I had to ask 2 or 3 times to repeat themselves after every question. Could not understand a word they were saying. Finally I got someone who could speak English, that I could understand, but he wasn't interested in helping me. Told me they would contact a service man for me, and that it would cost me $125.00 for them to come out to my home and fix it. My equipment was installed on Aug. 17, 2008 and my problem started on 11/30/2008. I had service for three and one half months and I was informed that my equipment was not under warranity. The service is lousy, really check out before you get tied into a contract. Service man logged on to Hughes net and they had my internet up and running in ten minutes. Why couldn't they do that for me. Maybe he was connect to someone in the good old U S A. Hughesnet get out of India and bring customer Service jobs back to USA or there won't be a Husghesnet. People are tired of the RUN AROUND and the expense of up keep on your lousy service.

Cathy Trombley Dec 04, 2008

You all are so right about Hughsnet... they are a big rip off and we all need to get in touch with BBB and Attorney General!! This needs to stop now!
    I had them for 1 hr and 15 mins and decided they were not what they advertised to be.. I Canceled the next day called my Credit card company and disputing the charge of 165.00 which I don't know what that is for when it was FREE INSTALLATION and the Installation guy charged me 325.00.. I questioned it and he gave me a crock as I know now..
    Its all false advertisment and people need to spread the word about hughsnet.

So please lets all make our complaints heard with the BBB and Attorney General.

CHARMAINE FRAAY Nov 08, 2008

i SHULD HAVE READ THESE COMMENTS BEFORE i SIGNED UP but earthlink was a little worse than what I get now. They are a disappointment-not as fast as they advertise. I'm still waiting for the promised rebate. Also both my sister and my daughter tell me that their e-mail to me have bounced back undeliverable. They are not worth the $63.89 I'm paying monthly. Another thing they tried to do was set up the monthly payment on the credit card I used for the initial installment without discussing that with me. I had to get ugly in order to change it to my checking account

• Ku
    Kurt Oct 09, 2008

I really appreciate the comments left here about HughesNet. I was on the brink of making the terrible mistake of signing up for their service. WildBlue is another option...going to look into them.

CHUCK Aug 27, 2008

FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO TELL THE IDIOTS THAT HAVE WRITTEN COMMENTS ABOUT "REDNECKS" THAT YOU ARE A PRIME EXAMPLE OF WHY WE "REDNECKS" LIVE AWAY FROM PEOPLE. YOU ARE THE TYPE OF ### THAT THRIVES OFF OF RIPPING OTHER PEOPLE OFF JUST LIKE HUGHES NETWORK DOES. I DONT WANT TO LIVE IN A NASTY POLLUTED CITY, BUT IF THATS YOUR CHOICE THEN GOOD FOR YOU, BUT DONT POINT THE FINGER OF BLAME ON ME BECAUSE I CHOSE TO LIVE IN THE WOODS OR ON A MOUNTAIN TOP OR ANYWHERE ELSE IN AMERICA THAT I CHOOSE. I SHOULD STILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE INFORMATION HIGHWAY (AT HIGH SPEED) ANYWHERE IN AMERICA I CHOOSE, AND HUGHES NETWORK MAKES PEOPLE BELIEVE THEY CAN PROVIDE JUST THAT. WHEN YOU TAKE SOMEONE OF THEIR MONEY BECAUSE OF FALSIFYING INFORMATION, THEN YOU ARE A PART OF THE PROBLEM THAT WE COUNTRY FOLK ARE NOT ACCUSTOMED TO. HUGHES NETWORK SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN! I FOUGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY TO BE FREE, AND ###ED COMMENTS LIKE I SAW ABOUT "MOVE OUTTA THE COUNTRY AND INTO THE CITY" DO NOTHING MORE THAN PROVE TO ME THAT THERE ARE MORE AND MORE NON-CONCERNED SPOILED AMERICANS OUT THERE JUST LOOKING OUT FOR NUMBER ONE AND NO ONE ELSE. THAT BEING SAID, IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND THINKING ABOUT HUGHES NETWORK DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO BUY A ROLL OF STRING AND TWO PLASTIC CUPS. CONNECT THE CUPS WITH THE STRING, PULL TIGHT WITH ANOTHER PERSON HOLDING A CUP AND YOU HOLDING A CUP AND TALK TO ONE ANOTHER THAT WAY BECAUSE YOU'LL FEEL BETTER ABOUT THAT INVESTMENT AND GET BETTER SPEEDS THAN HUGHES PROMISES!

• Pd
    P. Dare Aug 17, 2008

Non-functional e-mail controls. Most of the time the "Block E-Mail" responds "system unavailable" but ocassionally it does work and I get a response similar to "address already logged" which confirms that the system DOESN'T work because bloced junk is still sent through. I'm trying to quit aol because it's a dial-up, but Hughes won't let me, due to non-functioning e-mail controls. 4, 000 spam and 'blocked' emails still come through over a three month period. The HELP people are simply STUPID, as are their responses. My presumption is that Hughes getsw a kick-back on every spam they transmit - must be a real profit center for them. I will NOT renew my contract - and will suffer with dial-up again because Hughes really sucks. CRAPPY - DISHONEST - and their "abuse" e-mail contact line merely returns canned e-mail responses - totally unacceptable because they know their system is broken and have no incentive to fix it.

• Th
    Thelawnmower Jul 30, 2008

I thought I was a well-informed individual, and had insight about this company so I decided to give them a chance. But because of and not paying attention to the numerous complaints that Hughes Net has received about there service I have joined the masses of customers who feel this company has duped them by not playing by the rules, because of their unethical business practices, and as a result I am also advising others to not sign up with Hughes Net as well.

According to the stock quotes for HUGHES, for the past year, have steadily been decreasing since August of 2007, from 55. 13 to today, 43.81. In my opinion does not just show an economy cutting back from buying their service, it is a result of poor customer relations and their outsourcing this company is too comfortable with. It should have been one of the deciding factors when we signed up with Hughes.

Hughes Net outsourcing departments; To make a customer service representative in the Philippines, from Hughes net, understand that the bill might be wrong is impossible. The hassle is not worth it and believe me, it does not get better.

Billing Due Date; Billing due date does not mean billing due date with Hughes net, even though your bill says 7/8/2008, the service can still be discontinued: Look at Terms Contract.

Terms Contract; Means what ever they feel like. Check the terms contract before you decide to purchase any new product, I did not when I signed up with Hughes Net and so I must endurethem to the very end, until we have totally fulfilled our contract with Hughes Net. Big mistake if you sign up, don’t Do IT!!!

Billing Questions; the number on your invoice bill, usually is an outsourced number; so far it has been when I called. Does 3292 come to mind? You will not get much help their I promise you, but they are real good about taking your payments and that seems to be all they can do.

Who can you call: Try [protected] for complaint issues This number is located in the United States and seems to be the best bet in trying to resolve problems however don’t hold your breath.

President’s Corporate Address; I had to dissect the internet to get the president of Hughes Net’s corporate address try, 11717 Exploration Lane, Germantown, MD 20876, by the way his name is Pradman Kaul.

Jay Jul 13, 2008

I understand and sympathize with all of you. I found this while I was trying to find a better service than Wildblue because I can only connect about 1-2 times a week. However, I did note some customers switching to Wildblue because of their problems and I want to let you know they offer the same problems as Hughes.net. Please note that as Wildblue customer, I am feeling the same enormous dissatisfaction with equipment, service, FAP policy, inability to download a song or game or I get knocked off service because I've gone over my bandwidth. I've had charges to my account, Hughes.net service techs stopping at my house and trying to sell me thier product under the guise they are service techs for Wildlblue, etc. I could go on forever. They now are charging my account for professional level services and fees of over $150.00/month and I can't get anyone to take them off. I and over 900 others have filed complaints with the Attorney General's office and the Colorado bbb. Please check the Colorado bbb's report on Wildblue before you think you see the light at the end of the Hughes.net tunnel - I don't want you to get hit twice! Here is the bbb report: http://denver.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=33&bbb=0885&firm=9036631

• St
    Steve Jul 09, 2008

After reading what others have gone through with Hughes, my complaint now seems minor, but it's still annoying. After the Webmail update a couple weeks ago, the date and time won't print in the Sent: line, instead all emails now read Sent: NaN. After more than an hour with support, their workaround for me was to copy every email I have (100s) into MSPaint, white out NaN, and type in the date and time.

Mac Phillips Jul 06, 2008

Could Hughes.net have possibly made the viewing area for received emails ANY SMALLER, and CRAMPED, and etc., etc., etc.

Cathy Jul 01, 2008

Hughesnet sucks, when I signed on with Hughesnet the commercials I were seeing on Tv advertised unlimited internet...NO WAY I only get 250mb per day and when I get to 100 mb my speeds slow way down. I made complaints with the bbb and I just got a letter in the mail today that says Hughesnet will not respond to the complaint so the BBB sent me someplace else to complain and Hughesnet will not answer that company either. I just want out of my contract so I can use the internet hassle free. I pay over $80.00 a month and get crappy service!!!

• Ra
    Raquel Jun 20, 2008

I signed up for Hughes Net satellite service, spent hundreds of dollars for installation, upgrades and $100 a month for service that was advertised as the download speed of 1 mbps maximum.
    The service is not even close to performing as advertised. I think something needs to be done to stop this company. They are officering a service that is not true. Not only that, you are trapped and have to pay a bunch of money to get out of the 2 year contract.
    I called Hughes Net to cancel my service. I was explained over the phone that I had to pay $300 as a cancellation fee. I agree to pay the $300 but when the credit card bill came in, I found out that they charged me $655 for getting out of the contract. When I asked why, they said that I had to buy the equipment. I explained that I didn't want the equipment, that I was willing to give it back to them. They said this option was not possible. I kept calling Hughes Net about it and then I was told that I can only send the equipment back during the first month after I cancel the service, why they did not tell me that from the beginning? I have been calling them about it and, they just ignore me.