HRRG Collectionsfalse billing

R

I went to the hospital for 3 different visits and I understand that the physician services are billed separately. I have a very low income. I couldn't afford to pay the hospital charges, and I spoke with a representative at my hospital. She had me apply for the Care Program and I was approved. All my hospital charges, 3 different bills, were forgiven. The physician charges were billed through Team Health/Plantation Billing Center, which gave me 3 additional bills . I couldn't afford to pay for those bills either and I spoke with a representative at Team Health/Plantation Billing Center who asked me to send in a copy of the approval letter for the care program at my hospital. I sent the letter in, but they took several months to review the letter, and in the process the 3 bills for the physician charges were sent to HRRG Collections. Team Health/Plantation Billing Center said that HRRG Collections are their own Collection Agency. Team Health/Plantation Billing Center assured me that it was safe to ignore the calls and letters from HRRG Collections. Months later, I have finally been approved for Charity Care from Team Health/Plantation Billing Center, and they said they would take care of HRRG Collections. Team Health/Plantation Billing Center sent me a final statement showing a zero balance due. Unfortunately, HRRG Collections is still calling me about a supposed bill that I owe them. I have called them, and also logged into their website, and I have found that 2 of the 3 bills referred to them show a zero balance due. Somehow though, 1 bill still shows that it is due. I have contacted HRRG Collections and sent in a copy of the final statement from Team Health/Plantation Billing Center showing a zero balance due. HRRG Collections insists that there is no such thing as Charity Care and I still owe the 1 bill they say is due. I asked them if Charity Care doesn't exist, why do 2 of the 3 bills show a zero balance due and they couldn't give me an answer. They just keep demanding payment for the 1 bill. I contacted Team Health/Plantation Billing Center and they say that all 3 bills for the physician charges have been forgiven and I owe nothing. I told them about HRRG Collections and the 1 bill, and Team Health/Plantation Billing Center told me something must have crossed somewhere in the process and that they would take care of it. HRRG Collections is still trying to contact me, demanding payment for the 1 bill they say is due. I don't know what to do. I don't owe them anything, according to Team Health/Plantation Billing Center. Isn't this illegal?

• De
    Debra Lachance Oct 21, 2020

I was injured on the job and went to Schneck Hospital in Seymour IN for treatment. They have not billed my workmen comp correctly or something.I'm not sure but that was in March and now I'm being offered a settlement by this collection. Agency and I don't owe anyone a dime. This isn't the first time I've had to deal with unscrupulous debt
    Collection companies. I'm loaded for bear and if need be hiring a lawyer. I'm sick and tired of being victimized by scrum like Hrrg. I'm fighting back.

• Ri
    Richard F15 Aug 30, 2018

This place is very bad news. Calling me daily with automated robo messages to contact THEM!

Who is the victim of this? Sadly, its ME. Again I owe NO medical bills to any hospital or healthcare provider.

"HRRG Collections" AKA "Healthcare Recovery Group" & their parent company "Team Health" are harassing innocent people like myself for no reason.

I have read that contacting them for removal of my number will only escalate these " Automated CALLS".
    Their is no email listed on their site for "Support/Help".

FYI - BEWARE OF THIS!!!

Whenever you call any Toll-Free Number, You Cannot Block YOUR Number. *67 prior to the call Will NOT BLOCK YOUR NUMBER ON ANY TOLL-FREE CALL..This is because that company is paying for your call. Most people are not aware of this. Therefore the best way to contact any company is to call their LOCAL/Non Toll-Free Number & *67 before placing the call. Too bad but finding a local number for most companies is nearly impossible.

If I had a way to BLOCK my number, I would call them & get a feel for their attitude before confirming my number. Yes, I realize they have it already, I know...but again, they will probably assume I am their debtor & verbally abuse me (their victim) thus harass me even further. It seems like a no win situation, aside from legal action on my part.
    Remember, I OWE NOTHING - THEIR CALLS ARE BOGUS!

John Monte May 24, 2016

I am to in the same boat. I have document that the insurance paid them. They are trying to collect more money off. of me. When I called them about it and told them I have papers I can send them to prove I did not own they gave me their Fax number [protected]. Every time I try to send them the fax I get an error. I called back to make sure I copy the number right and they gave me a hard time.

• Ro
    Ronald Granat Jan 20, 2016

I just received a bill for $123.40 from HRRG saying that it is for services provided by E R STAT, INC which is with Doctors Hospital in Coral Gables, FL. The letter stated that I owed this and it was not collected as it was already billed to me. It said that my date of service was 8/13/15... This made me suspicious as the only time I was ever at Doctors Hospital ER was on DEC 5th, 2015. I didn't even know this hospital existed as I was sent there due to an injury at work the evening before. What also made me suspicious was the amt billed of $123.40, which is way too sequential of a number...
    IN ADDITION, THIS IS A WORKERS COMP DEAL TOO...
    After reading what I have here, it surely is bogus, and maybe even mail fraud on top of that. I could give this info to the FL State Attorney's office and let them loose on HRRG...

Mary Sutton Jan 15, 2014

I can't get these people to quit calling my house. They are calling for another party and I'm not involved. I have tried to block them but they just use another number. I have Medicare and private insurance, am 72 yrs old and don't owe any medical to anyone. My phone number is [protected] in Oklahoma. Can you get them to quit calling everyday and on weekends also?

• Kr
    Kristylee Dec 19, 2013

as long as your on the care program HRRG can not collect on your account.. Send them no c and d letter but notify the hospital or the office of where this arrangement was done they can take you off their list if or when that is done and if they still call contact the FTC and let them know about this problem. They have a website about bill collectors state to them the full truth and let them know what HRRG is doing to you. If they reply with a collectors statement take it to the hospital or the office of where the arrangement is made demand for the manger to review your case and then reply to them i will be contacting the states attorney general about this matter. The C&D letters are not effective they can still call you and contact you. if you make the effert and go to the proper chain of command you will get these people off your back. You can not get wage garnishment for a bill your paying for in amounts you can afford . They can not hold you accountable for a bill your making a effort on payment with. The Collector i a third party bidder they will sell your case to another collector with in a 30 day grace period make a note on your credit unable to collect and mark it as un collectible. Your making payments state to the biller you want receipts and contact the three major credit bureau tell them to mark down that your paying your bill. The collector is only out for his commission he could care less about your situation. You need to be one step ahead of HRRG.

• Th
    thisman Nov 01, 2012

Sorry didn't mean to spam.