House of Salmi/custom jewelryitem not rec'd/no communication

In February of 2014 I ordered a custom ring to be made with the tail hair of my deceased horse. The required deposit was placed and the hair sent to Germany. It has now been almost 16 months and I have not yet received the ring. Communication from the company has been non-existent. Occasionally they will respond to a Facebook message, but email responses never happen. I was promised a "holder" ring until the model I ordered was made, but that also has failed to appear. When they have deigned to answer my inquiries, it is always "a couple more weeks". I can understand that bespoke jewelry can take a while, but the lack of communication and patent untruths are unacceptable. Now I am out the deposit money and the irreplaceable hair from my beloved horse.

• Mi
    Minna Määttänen Jun 14, 2016

Unfortunately you are not the only one... House of Salmi has copied the collection of a Finnish textile artist Nanna Salmi. Tomi Salmi used to work with her but the cooperation was stopped because he was unreliable. He had admin rights to nannasalmi Facebook page, he changed the name and "startede" a ccompany using Nanna salmi´s name and considers himself as a designer. He is not. The original collection can be found here: www.nannasalmi.com. I would not trust him, his company or the quality of the jewellery... Down below some pictures of Nanna Salmi´s designs.