Hotels.combad customer service - no price guarantee

L

Hotels.com has horrible customer service! I will never use this site again. It offers a price match guarantee, but will not honor it. We made a reservation two weeks ago, today I checked their site and the rate has lowered. I also used a coupon in my original reservation that I earned from a prior reservation. They said because with my coupon I am getting a lower rate so they will not honor. I explained to this person, who was obviously overseas somewhere and hard to understand, that the hotel rate went down and that rate should be honored and my coupon applied. After going back and forth, I asked to speak to someone else. She put me on hold for 8 minutes, then hung up on me. I called back and went through the whole story again with another agent (same accent, different person). She basically told me the same as the other agent, like they are reading from a book and said she would check with someone. Here I am still on hold, 32 minutes now. Obviously this is their way of avoiding holding up their end of the bargain. I will NEVER use this site again and recommend that no one else does either. They offer the same rates as Expedia and all the others, so there is no use for them. This is ridiculous!

• Um
    umrah_1018 Nov 11, 2009

I run my own business, just a small time businessman as i would say, and towards this particular incident we can particularly see a consumer/customer who just want to get the best of the services/promos being offered by a company.Well maybe that is pretty much understandable due to the current crisis.But still we just have to consider that a bussiness does not run on " praises - it does run on prices. " people or consumers regardless of what they get still has something to say, there is never nor nothing in history - human history or marketing history mentions or records a product that has no negative feedback. Maybe what we need in this situation is not a change of company but a change of insight or attitude towards the company and workers/employees as well. I guess who doesn't need a job nowadays.We can't just throw a penny anymore without feeling sorry for the loss.

• Wi
    WildPonies Aug 24, 2010

I wish that I had read the original comments before using hotel.com for a recent reservation I made for a one-day stay to move my daughter into her dorm for college. I had to change the reservation (move it up by one day) and they wanted to first charge me a cancellation fee. When I explained that I didn't want to cancel my stay but needed to change the day to one day later, the representative told me that that could not be done because it was a nonrefundable reservation. The first customer representative was very rude, saying "well YOU made the reservation." I asked to speak to another representative. By the way, I don't understand why folks that get paid to provide customer service can't provide it in a competent, professional, and friendly manner. Why is it necessary to have an attitude with customers? After all, doesn't the customer indirectly pay their salaries? With so many unemployed folks out there, I am sure that there are plenty of educated and experienced customer service professionals that would be glad to have a job.

Anyway, after having to go through another set of the same phone prompts, I spoke to a gentleman, who was a bit more professional, but had the same attitude that somehow he was doing me a favor.

I will NEVER utilize hotels.com again and will tell all my colleagues and friends to search elsewhere.

• Ra
    ranger00 Jan 23, 2011

I had the same experience. I tried and tried to get them to honor their price match guarantee in December 2010 and they just ignored me - I will never use them again

• Tr
    tristancpoe Feb 18, 2012

We made a reservation almost "TWO WEEKS" ago and got a confirmation that we did have a hotel in New Orleans. We got to our hotel only to find out that it has been overbooked for a month.. Hotels.com hung up on us after we called them to try to get another room. We ended up driving to another town to find a room and had to wait again to get a refund. The customer service was horrible.. I will never use their service again and do not recommend them. Two flipping weeks!! and they could not tell us that the hotel was overbooked. They suck!

• Be
    bereft Aug 24, 2014

Still struggling to get my price match honoured. They agreed to honour it 2 months ago but never refunded the money. Now they say they have no record of the discussion. Liars and cheats

• Aj
    AJroger Jun 01, 2015

I recently made a reservation with Hotels.com and never received a confirmation. After several days I rebooked and several days before my arrival the hotel contacted me inquiring on the double booking. Every effort to cancel the double booking was impossible. I wasted hours on the phone with the most inept costumer service I have ever experienced! I am still fighting with my credit card company on the charge and expect a bad outcome even though there was many attempts before hand to correct the matter. I will NEVER use this company again and think they are lairs and cheats. They demonstrated they have no interest in truly helping anyone but themselves.

• Li
    LindiHBP Dec 02, 2015

What a total disappointment dealing with hotels.com.
    with a double booking that was made, the effort to rectify the booking was just TAXING. I was told when I made the booking that an e-mail will follow with booking confirmation. Never received it. Called again to make sure about the e-mail address they have, again, didn't get the mail. I called this morning to check why my employees were referred to syringa lodge in botswana. Apparently a double booking was made at cresta bosele. So my employees where reffered to Syringa lodge. Now the actual transaction with hotels.com for the booking at Cresta bosele and Hotels.com is void. How can Cresta Bosele ask me a much higher rate that what Syringa Lodge is charging? They are not my agent and therefore can not decide what to charge me. I tried to explain this to the operator but he kept on interrupting me when trying to explain details from my side. With this very frustrating call the operator warned me about using profanities when I said what the ****...please listen to recorded call. Called on the 0214277440 line as their toll free number does not work. The operator let me hold for several minutes to speak to a supervisor. After 30 minutes on this call from a cellphone no service. Appalling service. I will never use hotels.com if I have to nor will I ever recommend hotels.com...but I ques you have so many clients that you probably do not care about my complaint.