Hostess Brands — ding dongs peanut butter
On August 1, 2019 we purchased a box of the 14.82oz peanut butter Ding Dongs from Shoprite in Edison NJ.
Opened box when we got home approximately 20 minutes later. My 11 yr old son bit into and immediately spit it out. He said it had a really weird taste.
So I ate a piece and spit it out as well. Something was very wrong with these cakes. It had a sour / acidity taste. It was terrible. We stopped eating any more of those.
The went back to to shoprite to return it but they wouldn't give money back or anything because I didn't have my receipt.
So I'm reaching out to you for some kind of answer or reason these are bad. What was it? A chemical?
I saved the box and samples we bit into. I also took pictures.
Please let me know what to do.
More Hostess Brands Complaints & Reviews
- Hostess - terrible quality, taste 
- Hostess - mold 
- Hostess - new suzy q's 
- Hostess - expired on 10/25/10 
- Hostess Brands - stale bread with erroneous expiration date 
- Hostess Brands - hoho’s
- Hostess Brands - ding dongs 
- Hostess Brands - peanut butter ho hos
- Hostess - hostess raspberry filled powdered donuts
- Hostess - hostess crumb doughnuts