Horizon Gold CardI don't want this card!!!

K

Oh I just got scammed by them to. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau and canceled my membership with them.I got the card took about 20 days when it was said to be five on the card I got in the mail offering this card. When I called the first time I was told that I had 30 days to cancel but was not told it was on a prorated basis. When I got the card checked out the website all the nice products were temporarily out of stock GO FIGURE!!!! I called canceled the card requested refund like I was told I could get the first time I called in and she said yes u can get a refund but u are past that point you actually would owe us 6.00 dollars for the maintenance fee. which I have no idea why since I just received the card today. I am hoping that the BBB will be able to do something about this company and taking peoples money. If you get caught in this I would go to the Better Business Bureau's website and do a complaint about the company the more complaints the more that the BBB will step in.

• Di
    DirtbagFabulous Dec 02, 2016

They literally just charged me $30 for signing up. Me, not realizing they were a scam, went thru with it. To add salt to my wound, I have rent to pay and now do not have enough thanks to my stupidity and this ******* "company". Im on the verge of tears. I cannot believe this. I'm going to the BBB and I will keep reporting until something is done because this isnt cool. :(

Margaret Brown1 Feb 15, 2016

I checked my credit report today feb15th2016 I was charged or reported in ha bcc ing a account with horzion card service but I have never reciebef a card. And I do not want one. I need this a count closed. Or canceled.it said it was opened in dec2015. Thanks Margaret brown.

john louis Dec 28, 2015

First Premier Bank is great for people with bad credit Horizon gold is bull s*!%.

• Ho
    HorizonSucks Apr 13, 2015

So I had already read the horrible reviews of Horizon's Outlet card. But my curiousity got the best of me. WHY couldn't I just see what this company sold without signing up? Why hadn't anybody written anything about what they sell? So, I became a cardholder for about five minutes before I cancelled. I took about two minutes browsing the site before I called to cancel, and even though they boast that cancellation is easy and takes less than a minute, I spent almost 20 minutes on the phone declining my credit line increase to $1000, and having my monthly fee reduced from $24.95 to $6.95. They also offered an $80 voucher. Once I finally got them to agree to a refund, they were only going to refund 60% of my $29.95 fee, saying this was prorated for the length of time I'd been a member. Well, I'd literally had the card in hand five minutes and told them I would not accept anything less than full refund, as their slow mailing process is not my problem. Anyway, as far as what they sell: cheap clothing, shoes, and jewelry, of Dollar General quality, along with various overpriced household items like a single electric burner and cheap coffee makers. Nothing, I repeat NOTHING on there is worth the exorbitant fees they charge. THEY DO NOT SELL ANY ELECTRONICS WHATSOEVER. Please refer to my photobucket album for photos of the actual items I browsed through during my 20 minute call to cancel this stupid card: http://s300.photobucket.com/user/horizonsucks/Horizon/story

• Tl
    TLGM Sep 14, 2014

Thank you all for warning me about this bogus company! It seemed fishy when I couldn't preview their merchandise without joining, so checked them out and found all of the people who have written in and been scammed! So sorry you all have had to go through this. I'm thankful you have warned us, the hard-working people who have low credit scores due to job loss, work injuries, and just the stuff that happens to us in this time in our economy that has screwed up so many of us who had great credit, worked hard, and still lost the game. FICO sucks and is so unfair, I wish they'd change the whole credit system!
    T.L.

• Sh
    Sharon WC Sep 02, 2014

I fell for this scam. Knowing "If it sounds to good to be true it is." I am trying to rebuild my credit and this sounds like a great way to do it, UNTIL you try to use the website to shop. It is not there. So be ware of "sounds to good." Sharon

• St
    steve noonan Aug 15, 2014

Today I file a notice with the (ftc) Fedral Trade com so ya thats all i have to say

• Go
    GoldCoastChicago Aug 12, 2014

I was dumb enough to fall for it too. It said I would get a credit card not a line of credit for some crappy e-mall. Only I really got scammed as it said it was required to have a registered Debit card which I assumed was to verify age and identity but they just took money out of my account. I will be contesting the charge tomorrow. There was no fine print until after the fact.

• Vi
    vida brumfild Jul 03, 2014

vida brumfield social secutiy198485200 had applied for hoziongold creditcard was approve for 500dollars credit limit06-26-2014at this present date07-03-2014had not receive credit card5947 woodcrest avenue;philadelphia pa. 19131;will do another application form plus past copyto send hoziongoldcreditcard serviceto prove was approved.vida brumfield just learning computersplease be patient if lot past copy.thank you.

• To
    Toya a. Jun 08, 2014

Hi I'm So upset I to hAVe a Card With these scaM ariSts aNd I Cancelled mY Debit card GoGot A new onE SenT So they couLDnT Steal anyMore of My Money!

• Te
    Terra Zaayer Jun 06, 2014

I just got off the phone with this place, they took my money and I was never able to use the thing. It is a complete scam, and I really hope that people read these posts before they fall for this place. All the woman on the phone wanted to do was up my credit offer, like I would want to pay more into something that I can not use.

• Te
    Terra Zaayer Jun 06, 2014

I just got taken by this company or whatever they would like to call themselves, then the woman on the phone wanted to offer me a higher line of credit when I called to tell them what I thought!!! Like I really want to have more money out of my pocket for no good reason. It is such a scam and I really hope that people read these reviews instead of falling for it like I did.

• Jl
    jlg7320 Mar 15, 2014

I fell for the same B.S. Game, this whole thing is a scam plain and simple, when I first started filling out the form something seemed wrong so I cancelled out or tried to should I say and thought I had till 29.95 disappeared from my acct.. I learned my lesson however ! If you don't have good credit and money, there are NO card companies that are going to give anyone an unsecured credit card! Horizon another name for Rip Off

• Li
    lisasdesire Dec 31, 2013

OMG...As I read complaints, I noticed the dates are from 2007 & 2008 & here it is 1 day before 2014 !!! "I CAN NOT BELIEVE this friggin unethical ripoff so called business is still being allowed to prey on us less fortunate!!! & FOR ATLEAST 8 YEARS NOW"!!! And yes I am highly upset, mad at myself & extremely p***ed off rite now as i'm another one of their suckers who paid them on Dec. 23, 2013, plus I used my best friends credit card to pay it, of all things. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS & NOW HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO GET HIS MONEY REFUNDED. I have not even received this nightmare Horizon Gold Card Pkg. in mail yet !!! Unfortunately I too was led to believe this was a regular Credit Card & I'm soooo Damn Angry that they've gotten away with this...Still & obviously for quite some years now...W T F!!! I'd like to know if anyone HAS gotten a refund & if not do they still continue to charge your credit card that was used for initial fee when applied, (to where you have no choice but to cancel that Credit Card ASAP???) I TRULY DESPISE THIS... ALLOWING TO DECIEVE, SCAM, RIPOFF, JUST SIMPLY STEAL FROM ANYONE STRUGGLING & I'm not real fond of all this Technology as it just makes it all the more easier for many, many others to scam us anyway they can & it sure doesn"t even seem to be that difficult for them to get away with doing so ??!!! Every where I look online it just seems to be one scam after another & i'm soooo fed up with all of it!!!

• We
    Wendy McCormick May 26, 2013

I am so glad I checked the reviews on the card. I filled out the application, then saw I would be charged $24.95 monthly. What a joke. I am so glad I paid attention. I am trying to rebuild my credit, after a 6 month strike at my job, ruined mine. I don't need more money coming out of my pocket than there already is. These scammers SHOULD be strung up. One of these days, they WILL pay for their "sins". Would like to see them on "judgement day"!

• God will catch you. Ihope your rot in hell

• Ni
    NIKKI206 Mar 07, 2013

HEY KNOW WHATS EVEN FUNNIER?!! MYFICO ADVERTISES THIS HORIZON CARD ON THEIR WEBSITE!!! HAHAHA WE ARE GETTING SCREWED EVERY WHICH WAY BUT UP!! FAIR ISSAC & CO AKA FICO, THE PEOPLE WHO CALCULATE OUR CREDIT WORTHINESS AND SELL THE INFO THAT PRETTY MUCH MAKES OR BREAKS US... ARE SELLING US OUR SCORES AND PRETENDING TO GIVE SOUND ADVICE ON WAYS TO IMPROVE OUR SCORES. ONE OF THE WAYS IS BY GETTING A CREDIT CARD, LOL... AND THIS IS ONE OF THE CARDS THEY RECCOMEND. THEY PROBABLY GET A CUT FOR EVERY PERSON WHO CLICKS THROUGH THEIR MIYFICO SITE TO APPLY FOR THIS CRAP CARD.

• Re
    rebecca28tx Dec 18, 2012

WOW AMAZING.. I GOT ALL EXCITED SINGLE MOM OF THREE BOYS I WORK MY ### OFF TO KEEP A ROOF OVER THERE HEAD AND TO TAKE CARE OF THEM TO BUY THEM THINGS WHEN I SEE THIS I WAS LIKE HELL YEAH. I FILL OUT THE SIGN UP PAGE THEN WHEN I GET TO THE PAGE ASKING FOR MY INFO I DECIDED TO READ THE TERMS. IT ACTUALLY SAYS THIS IS NOT FOR BUILDING YOUR CREDIT. THEN SEEN ALL THE FEES AND I NOTED THEM DOWN SO I COULD CAREFULLY ASK AND UNDERSTAND EVERY BIT ABOUT ENROLLING AND WHEN I WAS SUPPOSED TO PAY YOU KNOW ALL THE IMPORTANT STUFF ABOUT A LOAN. THEN I GO TO THE ACTUAL WEBSITE TO CHECK OUT THE HORIZON OUTLET AND TO CONTACT A AGENT, THIS IS THE FIRST SITE I CLICKED ON AND THANKS TO ALL YOU GUYS I DID NOT SCREW MYSELF OUT OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY THAT I DONT HAVE TO BE WAISTING ON BS LIKE THIS IM PISSED BECAUSE I SPENT A LONG TIME GOING OVER THE TERMS AND MAKING NOTES FOR NOTHING AND MOST OF ALL I WAS SO EXCITED

• Al
    alertpro Nov 10, 2012

First off, I used to work for this firm several years ago. It is a scam, plain and simple. It is run by two men who ran a similar scam offer a few years previously. Some of the 'reviews' posted on here about how good it is, buying presents, etc., are written by their employees. The goods for sale through their website are worthless over stocks and returned mechandise. Thats right, returns. The coat or bathing suit you buy there was already worn by someone else.

You will be charged a recurring fee for their product. They will debit your checking or savings account or attempt to numerous times if you are out of funds. This may cause your bank to hit you with NSF fees in some cases. If your account is suspended for lack of funds, they will attempt to bill you at a much later date to make you active again. This is done to see when you will have money in your account so they can set up the recurring billing to hit your account at the right time. Also, this practice is also frowned upon by VISA or Mastercard policies.

Your only option if you did sign up is to call in and cancel. Ask for a refund of any and all charges. Threaten to file a chargeback through your bank if they do not cancel and process your refund. This type of company operates on a thin line with their banks because of the tyoe of business they are in, and threatening or even filing a chargeback gets their attention.

I hope this helps people stay away from this product.

• So
    Southwestwolphe Oct 29, 2012

These scam artists should be hunted down and strung up, this coming from a southwestern man of course, these people are a nuisance and don't belong anywhere near a computer.

from your friend the contrite Clark Durnstein.

• Pu
    putts Oct 28, 2012

i have verry bad credit. but i would not mess with horizon gold credit card you all are right there a scam. but there is a credit card that people with bad credit can get but they give you 300.00 credit and after all fees your avaible credit is 220.00 and this card helps rebuild your credit . its called first premier credit card for bad credit.

• Bb
    Bbug011809 Sep 29, 2012

cani ask what website/online store they want u to use?

• Sc
    scammedagain17 Sep 22, 2012

Great thought this a legit card like Visa and Master Card..not one that i had to use there store..just great!!!

• Ho
    hotandmad Sep 08, 2012

I have not gotten my card yet, but there is a toll free number u can call., and believe me.I will be on them like white on rice.Money is to hard to come by these days.If I have toget a lawyer I will.So I hope they play nice with me, and my money.I will see them in court and out off business.

• Sh
    Shanae Aug 31, 2012

I got scammed too. Now the the card is 29.99 and 6.00 maintenance fee. Which I feel I shouldn't have to pay if I didn't even use there card. The lady try to tell me it does build credit but on their website it clearly states that it doesn't. If I can't get on your website just to look at products without the credit card I knew something was wrong then. They are giving me my full refund and they are not touching the maintenance fee. But be careful. When you are trying to cut this card off they still telling you that they could lower the price and you could still have their benefits. I cancelled this card before it even got here or in that matter if does get here in 10-14 days

sarah76 Aug 10, 2012

I was just simply looking at websites that advertised secured cards with rewards. Didn't expect to find anything. I did stumble accross a website that had a list of unsecured cards for bad credit. Sadly Horizon was at the top of the most popular list. I clicked on it just to read what was up with them, and some pop up comes up saying congratulations I qualified based on my records. From the beginning they were pitching lies. i was simply surfing the web, they better not have "my records".If they cannot be reached by their customers, yet keep taking money out of accounts, isn't that breaking some kind of law?

• Do
    dooped by a gold card Jun 07, 2012

How do you get out of this crap????? i recieved a card in the mail. so are they going to aytomatically take the fees out of my bank account????

• Je
    jessie hsu May 27, 2012

I sign for my card yesterday and they did not tell me that I have to pay a fee I like to cancell my card

• Pu
    punkee75 May 17, 2012

I cannot say THANK YOU enough to every person who has posted their (unfortunate) experiences with this SCAM of a so-called "credit-card" company! I ALMOST took the bait, as many have but, fortunately I did a google search and found this Complaint board... what totally blows my mind is that this complaint board goes back OVER FOUR, NEARLY FIVE YEARS!!! Why in the h*** isn't the BBB stepping in and shutting these scam-artists, or should I say THIEVES down!?!?!?!? What a disgrace! All I can say is THANK YOU to you all and to anyone else looking into this company: DO NOT APPLY FOR THE CARD! IT'S nothing but a greedy, heartless "company" that preys off the financially struggling American's that are desperate in an unstable economy! ... Hopefully "Horizon" will get a big dose of KARMA sooner than later! Five years is TOO LONG for them to still up and running! SHUT THEM DOWN!!!

• Br
    bradley fisher May 11, 2012

i just got scamed to they scent me an email telling me that i called and cancled the card when i did not even know the number i can not believe people would stoop that low and to tell me that i would have to re aply for the card meaning they would want more money from me getting tired of it

• Bo
    bonnie biddlecome Apr 28, 2012

A big "THANK YOU" to everyone who took time to share their experiences with this company. I was minutes away from accepting the card offer. I tried looking at their website and found a lot of negative information. I am very disappointed, BUT extremely grateful that I was able to avoid that pitfall.

Thanks again for taking time to share.

maryjon664 Apr 22, 2012

i was scammed big time they took mioney out of my bank which caused over draft said they werent taking money out and it wasnt a credit card it was a merchant card had to change my acct i totally was scamed they are ripp offs cause so much trouble

maryjon664 Apr 22, 2012

i was scammed too took money out of my acct and also when going online irts not a credit card they also make you pay for shipping and they took money out of my acct before they were suppose too
    they totally scamed me had to change mycard and acct called them to rid of this this ia a scam

• Cb
    cbmk Apr 11, 2012

Thanks everyone for posting your comments about this ### company.
    Anytime you get an offer that seems too good to be true, type their business name in your search box and get the info about them before you get scammed by them.
    Good luck to everyone.

• Mi
    milehilady Apr 03, 2012

I so glad I read these reviews. Thank god the Internet can be used for something good like warning people of scams like this!

• Ti
    tigger22 Feb 23, 2012

The product is designed to take advantage of the credit needy in this economy. The attached benefit plan is worthless, only exists to justify charging you a monthly recurring fee of about $20. The card itself is only valid at the company's own online store, which carries nothing more than marked up items they bought from overstocks, discontinued and returned items, in other words just plain junk. The ownership used to run a similar business a few years back until they abandoned that product because of legal issues.

• Mr
    Mrs. Taylor 21 Feb 12, 2012

Thanks to all who post their comments about how they were scammed. It helps everyone and we should all write to our congressman if nothing else demanding something be done about them. People with bad credit need help rebuilding their credit and that should be put in our letters also. There needs to be government regulated something that will allow people to prove that they can recover after a bad spell. We all have them. thanks, Mrs. Taylor

• Up
    upsetascanbe Jan 07, 2012

Its not cool that ive cancled my card months ago and they've been taking money off my debit card wth...hows that even possible?

• Si
    singh111 Jan 02, 2012

This card is only good if u have alot of money to pay about 75$ one time fee and 240$ yearly fee, if you have the money its good for reporting a 3, 000 dollar credit on ur report but if u dont I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST NOT TO TAKE THIS CARD.

Go for a secured credit card you make a deposit they match the deposit to ur credit limit example deposit 200 and you will recieve 200 worth of credit, capital one secured, citi bank secured, and orchard bank secured are the best ones at a low intrest rate. All of the major banks offer secured credit cards at 29-39$ annual fee and a normal low interest rate ; JUST MAKE SURE U READ THE INTREST RATES SOME SECURED CARD COMPANY's ARE RIP OFFS with high annual fee's and 50% interest ... And just make sure ur not late on ur payments or ur just wasting ur time and making the whole process of increasing ur credit score pointless.

• Si
    SIERRA IN TAHOE Dec 30, 2011

Please call Customer Service at [protected]. It took me a good 45 minutes to finally find a phone number for this scam. They charged my account $19.95, totally unauthorized right at Christmas, when everyone is counting their pennies. What a bunch of B.S!!!