Horizon Gold CardI don't want this card!!!

K

Oh I just got scammed by them to. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau and canceled my membership with them.I got the card took about 20 days when it was said to be five on the card I got in the mail offering this card. When I called the first time I was told that I had 30 days to cancel but was not told it was on a prorated basis. When I got the card checked out the website all the nice products were temporarily out of stock GO FIGURE!!!! I called canceled the card requested refund like I was told I could get the first time I called in and she said yes u can get a refund but u are past that point you actually would owe us 6.00 dollars for the maintenance fee. which I have no idea why since I just received the card today. I am hoping that the BBB will be able to do something about this company and taking peoples money. If you get caught in this I would go to the Better Business Bureau's website and do a complaint about the company the more complaints the more that the BBB will step in.

• Mi
    Michelle Marinik Mar 26, 2007

i just got a card in the mail today saying congrats,500 credit line.good thing i read your complaints and comments.i problably would have been another sucker.but im not going for this scam.thank you so much for your comments. have a good day

• Do
    Doni Thomas Mar 29, 2007

Thanks to all of you for sharing your comments regarding this credit card company. I went to their website to accept their offer; all was fine, until I saw the $79.95 membership fee and $14.95 monthly maintenance fee. It is sad that credit card companies prey on people like us, who have had not so good credit. And if we are not careful, we become victimized simply because we feel the need for a credit card. I will no longer pay money to rebuild my credit. I'll just buy my time instead, and make do with financial challenges as best as I can before I accept another "shark offer" from companies like Horizon.

• Mo
    Modestine Whitehead Jun 01, 2007

I was led to believe that I was receiving a real credit card also.

• Br
    Bruce Javers Jun 12, 2007

I agree this company is a big rip off. I too was one of there prey. Called to cancel and got the run around and was insulted by the person on the phone who kept calling me a women. I guess my voice wasn't manly enough for him. What a jerk, they need to be but out of business. I'm writing BBB today. Thanks!

• He
    Helen Moorefield Jun 15, 2007

I'm trying to get alone.

• Jj
    JJ Giveaway Jun 17, 2007

I almost ordered this card. Glad I didn't.

What's really bad is the country allows this crap to happen. Fraud and scamming has been a problem for the longest time and it seems like since 2000 those things have gotten worse. Thanks to the distortion of laws and crony ism since Bush took office it's been nonstop crookedness.

• Da
    Danny Ray Dunn Sep 21, 2007

I couldnt get through either

• Sh
    SHARON BROWN Oct 21, 2007

I JUST WANTED TO KNOW CAN WE PAY THE 79.00 DOLLARS BY WESTERN UNION IF SO WHERE DO WE SEND THE PAYMENT TO.

Chuck U Farley Oct 24, 2007

Thanks for previous reviews. I was able to avoid this scam. Darn, My hopes were really High too. Wanted to do some Christmas shopping.

• Ep
    Ephraim Gonzalez Nov 17, 2007

I agree with everyone this is a bogus company.this company is based out of Indiana Pennsylvania. I contacted Pittsburgh since that is the closest city to them. I spoke with the consumer protection agency at 412-565-5135 to report Horizon.Well they'll send you a complaint form to fill out. I think the more people we can report them to , maybe we will get our money back and then some. Before they fall off the face of the earth. I have to hand it to Horizon there reps are trained really well as what to say & not to say. Then when you ask for a Manager they get on the line trying to fast talk you. They try to talk to toy like you are some kinda stooge.

• Co
    colleen mckinney Nov 28, 2007

I LIKE FARTING OMG!

• Ap
    April Nov 30, 2007

I got these card in the mail saying to go to these website and put these pre approval number that I am approve to receive 500 dollars thats all bull. I think we should do something about them sending us things like these in the mail and when you try to go to there web site to get a number to call the dont want to put there number out, but they want us to get a credit card with them. They think that if we have bad credit that we cant get a credit card with the other credit cards company that we dont have a choice but to get one with them but that wrong we are smarter than that.

• Li
    Lisa Dec 03, 2007

Hello...this "company", if you can call it that, just sent me an email claiming that they would send me a credit card with a credit limit of $500!! Wow! I was pretty siked...anyway, what a load of bull****!!! Hey, you losers at Horizon..get a life!! Leave the hard working, unsuspecting people alone!!! IDIOTS!

• La
    lalala Dec 13, 2007

Horizon is a scam! I think any company that won't check your credit, and that makes you buy ### only from there website is crap and they are tryin to rape you for your money!! Don't fall for it people!!!

• Mr
    Mrs Jones Dec 17, 2007

I just wanted to thank you all who took the time to post how the horizon gold card is such a scam. I just received their invitation in the mail the other day I decided to do some research online and found your complaints as well as many others. I am so thankful that you took the time to post your experience about the scam behind this card. I am truly sorry that you had to deal with such a scamming mess.

Mrs Jones.

• Ra
    raquel sims Dec 27, 2007

Thanks to all the people who posted the scam. I am sorry that you were victims of these crooks because you took the time to post maybe we can stop them but know you have helped me and many others. I received invitation in mail almost signed up and decided to research thanks for your heads up and god bless!

Atlanta, georgia.

• Mi
    Miss Me Dec 29, 2007

This company sent me a credit card with a 3000 dollar credit limit they wanted me to by their ### as stuff off of their website after they charged a fee of 79.95 and 19.95 monthly maintenance fee I want to get all of my money back how can I go about doing this? This is a ### as company they should not be allowed to do this to folks. I wish I had a prior warning.
    ###!

• Pe
    peter roberts Jan 19, 2008

If Horizon is sending thses offers through the mail, they most likely are committing mail fraud, which is a fedral offense. I suggest contacting your local post office or go to www.usps.com and see if there is a place on the web site to file complaints. The USPS ( United States Postal serivec) does NOT take these types of scams lightly and they WILL prosecute. Good luck and alwasy read the fine print.

• Ro
    roddell May 15, 2008

when ever you get a card offer and it doesn't have a visa/mastercard logo or a fdic insured logo it's a scam. it's not a credit card u can use to shop in a mall with it's a card for the card company products. read the fine print people.

• Da
    Danny May 17, 2008

I just got a letter in the mail from these people, and i was going to do it until they wanted another one of my credit cards, and the number on the back, i got a feeling that something wasnt right, so i tuyped the name into my search bar and one of the first things to pop up was this message board. I'm so happy i did that, cause i would have been so screwed.. Thank you all for makeing these posts!

• Gw
    Gwen Jul 03, 2008

Got this offer in the mail, glad to see that others have complained about this. Hope the Better Business Bureau does something about this type of business practice. Thanks for complaining and letting others know to avoid this company!

• Bi
    biggladyk1 Jul 19, 2008

i am so glad that i found this website and read the complaints b4 i made the decision to get this card. thanks, thanks, and again thank you for your postings. it has saved me 79.95

• Cr
    craig temple Jul 20, 2008

I received this horizongold card offer on a post card just recently and I was just about finish filling in all the required info until I can across the part about my payment info from my bank, so then I did a little research and started reading the complaints about this company. I was almost scammed too so thanks to everyone that emailed in.

• Al
    Alicia Jul 30, 2008

Thanks everyone for posting I almost paid for this crap as well
    but read the terms and conditions and fees and also did research and found your complaints. Thanks and I am sorry you guys had to go through what you went through.

• Br
    brenda angley Oct 15, 2008

i just got -ucked by horizon----the only thing you can really do is close your checking account--go to your bank immediately--they will send back debit card request and refuse to pay the money as far back as a week. it's a hassle but at least you don't loose your money---good luck

• Je
    jessica Oct 30, 2008

wowwww thanks alot for your comments cus i jus got a email
    from thiis HORIZON GOLD tellling me i get a 500.00 credit limit regradeless of credit... thanks to you guys they will not be fooling me

james McLean Nov 08, 2008

I Don, t Have a debit card

• El
    elijah Nov 10, 2008

First i would like to say the card looks alitle bit shady to me coz it has no visa card/mastercard logo guys these card is one of the fraud cards trying to get inocent poor fellows like me who leave on pey checks to pay check let me servive till that day mr credit card says welcome for now. Hrizon pliz stay away from me fro now

• Ti
    tiffany Nov 11, 2008

THANK GOD I FOUND THIS INFORMATION BEFORE IT WAS TOO LATE. I JUST GOT THIS ADVERTISEMENT FOR HORIZON GOLD CREDIT CARD IN THE MAIL. I WAS ABOUT TO GO THROUGH WITH IT UNTIL I READ SOME OF THE COMPLAINTS. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND SHARED STORIES. WITH OUT YOU ALL I WOULD OF SCREWED UP MY CREDIT BEFORE I EVEN GOT ANY.

• Di
    dieselads Dec 15, 2008

• Sm
    smittie46 Feb 19, 2009

I did the same thing here thought was getting a card mastercard my hopes were also high i agree one hundred ten percent this place is a scam i called better bisness burea also cancelling is no easy task i suggest you contact your bank and stop all transactions from this company only way they will not charge more costs unbeileivable they get away with this wish i would have looked here first

• Ni
    niki25 Apr 09, 2009

I recently had the same thing happen. I'm trying to see if anyone knows what I can do to get a refund. They have took out the monthly fee three times and I still haven't recieved a card! Just wondering how I go about getting a refund, like who to contact. Wish I would've checked this out more before I excepted it.Thanks.

• Fr
    FRUGALLUXURIES Oct 14, 2009

Thank you everyone for sharing your stories and this WEB SITE for keeping all your blog info. for such a long period of time! I was considering the offer but have been saved by your bad experiences-sorry for your mis-fortune in each of your lives.

ANaderi Feb 13, 2010

Unbelievable!! I can't believe I almost fell for this scam. If it wasn't for these complaints I would really be in trouble. They should really take down these credit card scam sites. Its seems like they have been scamming people for a while!

• Ka
    kato298b Mar 08, 2010

1st of all, you people need to read the terms and conditions before you give your bank account information for anything!!! 2nd of all, this card is used for building credit. regardless if you keep a balance on the card or not it is sending a positive entry to credit bureau on your behalf. yes i do agree the selection of products might not be the best but you have to look at the big picture. this is not just another credit card you can buy a bunch of stuff on and not pay it back. people like some of you deserved to be ripped off because your not very intelligent, but this card definitely stated everything in the terms and conditions. and NO, i do not work for Horizon

• Ka
    Katvon Apr 21, 2010

Thank you SOOOOO much for info I was actuallly filling out the appilcation when i looked at the car and saw that it had neither mastercard nor visa so i decided to look it up online and found your comments. The company is obvisley a huge scam and need to be delt with.

• Ge
    Gerri Peach Aug 15, 2010

I hope That I didn't get taken in. I responded to Horizon Gold, I hope it's legit

• N3
    [email protected] Oct 08, 2010

I'm glad something told me to look this up before i applied because i was just about to apply. They sent me an email and i was like ok imma do it. but i put in on yahoo horizon gold and stuff came up about them being a scam. so i started reading. i didn't see anything on there either talking about 79.99. i just looked them up because they was asking for a credit/debit card number. But thanks so much

• Al
    alesia and will Jan 27, 2011

It doesn't say anything about you buying merchandise from them. They need to be fined for FALSE ADVERTISING.
    My husband and I felt stupid when we tried to use this card to buy something. There's got to be a way to stop these people. It's horrible for them to do this to you.
    Very Concerned
    Alesia and Will

• Me
    meenus6125 Jan 29, 2011

If they arent' members of the BBB, it does no good to complain to them, the BBB only investigates members of thier organization. You should complain to the FTC ( Federal Trade Commision) The more complaints about the company, the more likely they are going to investigate this company and put an end to their predatory practices. https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/