Horizon Construction & Remodeling Logo

Horizon Construction & Remodeling

Having problems with Horizon Construction & Remodeling?

614 South Euclid St.
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

harassed me verbally, this company sucks

Mark besnos and their workers do not know do construction experience with this company. I hired them to replace my aging roof, and the salesman was knowledgeable. However, when it came to meeting the specifications of the job that I paid for, the company was sadly lacking.

You should know that they hire other contractors to do the work, mark besnos just sells you the products and sets up the installation. I contacted their company numerous times and even e-mailed them photos of the job’s deficiencies, along with a scanned image of the salesman’s contract drawings proving that they failed to meet the specifications of the job that was paid for.

Mark besnos harassed me verbally on several occasions and never offered the apology from their corporate office, that I obviously still deserve. They called me a liar (I never lied to them even once), yelled at me over the phone and even posted a lien letter threat on the front door of my home. My lawyer was very helpful to me in this situation, but it was very unfortunate that I had to go through all of the mental anguish in this case, especially since all I did was ask them to complete the job that was sold to me.

Ultimately, they did not finish the job as well as they could, all including failing to secure a building permit as required by local law, so I could have gone to court, I paid them 100% of the cost quoted me. I still have mixed feelings about doing so, mostly because of the way that I was treated by the manager of their lansing, mi branch and the vp from their corporate office.

I tell everyone who is considering this company about my experience with them, and I will never, I repeat never do business with them again. They do offer a 50-year guarantee on my roof, and if anything ever goes wrong and they don’t take care of it quickly and to my specification, than you can say you some money, it isn’t worth it if you end up going thoroughness!

mark besnos*we are very happy*

Mark besnos was our project manager. We did an addition 1, 000 sq ft 2nd story with a balcony.
Everything went smooth all the way long. We never have any issues.
He is a very successful young man. And it is totally understandable that from 100% of customers everybody will always have this 2% that will never be happy.
And it is true for any company even the most big and famous.
We referral mark to our friends that live in laguna beach ca and he almost done with their deck project. They are very happy!!!

James Nguyen Mar 02, 2010

Horizon Construction & Remodeling gave me and my family the best construction experiance ever!

susan Wilkinson Mar 02, 2010

ABSOLUTE PLEASURE WORKING WITH HORIZON CONSTRUCTION & REMODELING.
    AND WITH MARK BESNOS – PERSONALY.

Connie Fraser Mar 02, 2010

OUR EXPERIANS WORKING WITH HORIZON CONSTRUCTION & REMODELING
    WAS AMAZING.
    MARK BESNOS OUR PROJECT MANAJER WAS GREAT AND VERY HELPFUL ALL THE TIME.
    WE WILL USE HIM FOR EVERY PROJECT WE WILL HAVE IN THE FUTURE.

Stephen Brouillet Mar 09, 2010

Mark Besnos is the most honest guy I know.
    He is very professional, he is doing construction for long time – and he really knows what he is doing.
    He was refereed to us from a friend and we glad we used him for our kitchen & 3 bathrooms remodel.
    With him we knew that we can go to work or do anything we need to do and the job will continue as planed, and finished on time.

stacy becker Apr 02, 2011

Mark likes to write about himself too, always posts 3 in a row on the same day... You're an idiot Mr Besnos...
    His gang banger crew of hood rats are anything but competent... I love the "without need for corrections" Wow, really Mark... Everything they touched in our home in Palos Verdes is falling apart and we're currently in litigation with A-Z, the company he moved to and also disgraced... Cleanliness, are you kidding?? These guys stole our property within 1 hr of having access to my home, urinated all over the property as Besnos would dream of spending a dollar on an out-house, let their trash and cigarette butts all over our property... NOTHING GOOD CAN BE SAID RUN AWAY FROM THIS GUY LIKE THE FUKASHIMA NUCLEAR PLANT...

big time fraud

This company is nothing then a fraud. They steal money, they lie about anything and they give a contractors a...

it's a complete joke

Horizon construction & remodeling is a complete joke.
It's very clear that all the good reviews been written by them self and not in a smart way.
Mr mark besnos you think people are stupid? All of the reviews been posted in the same day?
All of your "customers" like to use the same words over and over again? It's really are a proof of who you are and how you handle your customers.
It's the same you did with me and my family, all the smooth talking and all the promises that never kept.
Stay away from this small person and whatever he said is a complete lie, just interest in your money and noting more

enjoyable construction experiance

We wanted you to know how much we appreciated your impeccable attention to detail, the way which you always made us feel as though our house was your top priority, your accessibility to immediately address any questions or concerns we might have, completing the house on schedule and within our budget, and for your honesty and integrity. This home is truly our "dream home," but it is also the biggest financial investment we will probably ever make, so the fact that we could trust you implicitly throughout the entire project was paramount. You never disappointed us; on the contrary, you made the whole process enjoyable!

James Nguyen Feb 15, 2010

MARK BESNOS with his crew were always polite, very profecional
    in the end of the day our house was clean all the time
    we are happy we choose MARK BESNOS to remodel our home!!!

We love Mark Besnos !!!
    And his office manager Enna Eskin !!!
    Without them our house will never look so beautiful.
    Mark helped us with the design and the colors. He has great ideas.

susan Wilkinson Feb 23, 2010

AND WITH MARK BESNOS – PERSONALY

Alicia Jenkins Feb 26, 2010

Mark Besnos was our project manager. We did an addition 1, 000 sq ft 2nd story with a balcony.
    And it is true for any company even the most big and famous.
    We referral Mark to our friends that live in Laguna Beach CA and he almost done with their deck project. They are very happy!!!

absolute pleasure working with you

Working with your entire company was an absolute pleasure for us. After meeting with you we instantly sensed...

job very well done!!!

We are enjoying our beautiful new master bathroom.
Realizing unexpected pleasers almost every day.
We treasure the courtesy and respect that all your employees displayed, during, before and after the project took place.
Thank you so much specially mark besnos & enna eskin that always work so hard to make all their customers very happy!

susan Wilkinson Feb 13, 2010

Absolute pleasure working with horizon construction & remodeling.
    and with mark besnos – personaly.

Connie Fraser Feb 15, 2010

Our experians working with horizon construction & remodeling
    Was amazing.
    Mark besnos our project manajer was great and very helpful all the time.
    We will use him for every project we will have in the future.

Daniel Cooper Feb 15, 2010

Mark besnos with his crew were always polite, very profecional
    In the end of the day our house was clean all the time
    We are happy we choose mark besnos to remodel our home!!!

We love mark besnos!!!
    And his office manager enna eskin!!!
    Without them our house will never look so beautiful.
    Mark helped us with the design and the colors. he has great ideas.

James Nguyen Feb 23, 2010

Alicia Jenkins Feb 26, 2010

Mark besnos was our project manager. we did an addition 1, 000 sq ft 2nd story with a balcony.
    Everything went smooth all the way long. we never have any issues.
    He is a very successful young man. and it is totally understandable that from 100% of customers everybody will always have this 2% that will never be happy.
    And it is true for any company even the most big and famous.
    We referral mark to our friends that live in laguna beach ca and he almost done with their deck project. they are very happy!!!

stacy becker Jan 24, 2011

Dont use this company!!! we're realizing new pleasures every day as well... pealing paint, chipped tile from no sealant, falty plumbing, cabinets falling apart. all provided by some of the worst crews ever.. stealing property, urinating in my yard, leaving garbage to clean and all this while performing substandard work... run away from this guy... oh lord "treasure the courtesy" write that one yourself besnos?

excellent! efficient!

The job was started three days after we got an estimate and signed a contract.
Every day after working a full day, they cleaned up, and came back the next day at 8:30 a.M. Mark besnos checked their work every day. Once he insisted that the crew completely repaint one bedroom. Looks to me like they exactly matched the color and bought a gallon of the same paint I used. They did a beautiful job! We were amazed.
My wife and I are impressed with this company — both mark besnos and enna eskin as well as their very competent crew. We slept in our own home while the work was being done, and the crew replaced the furniture where it belonged and were clean (non-smokers) and courteous. This is the way construction companies ought to operate. We'll recommend horizon construction & remodeling and i'm sure use them again.

James Nguyen Feb 12, 2010

Connie Fraser Feb 15, 2010

OUR EXPERIANS WORKING WITH HORIZON CONSTRUCTION & REMODELING
    WAS AMAZING.
    MARK BESNOS OUR PROJECT MANAJER WAS GREAT AND VERY HELPFUL ALL THE TIME.
    WE WILL USE HIM FOR EVERY PROJECT WE WILL HAVE IN THE FUTURE.

MARK BESNOS with his crew were always polite, very profecional
    in the end of the day our house was clean all the time
    we are happy we choose MARK BESNOS to remodel our home!!!

We love Mark Besnos !!!
    And his office manager Enna Eskin !!!
    Without them our house will never look so beautiful.
    Mark helped us with the design and the colors. He has great ideas.

James Nguyen Feb 23, 2010

Thank you so much specially Mark Besnos & Enna Eskin that always work so hard to make all their customers very happy!

susan Wilkinson Feb 23, 2010

ABSOLUTE PLEASURE WORKING WITH HORIZON CONSTRUCTION & REMODELING.
    AND WITH MARK BESNOS – PERSONALY.

• Cs
    c.s123 Mar 01, 2010

I don't believe to one word .
    it's very clear that is they own review
    they are full of ### and its sound like a complete B.S

best contractor in orange county

During the prposal stage, the contractor mark besnos pointed out items that should be included (things we...

maerk besnos

Every word is truh. This guy is a danger to home owners and im one of them.
He came to my house and look like a nice guy that know what is doing but after the contract was sign the only thing that he was care about is money and how to milk more by telling all kind of lies.in the end I didnt get the quality, I did get a big bill and im about to complaint in the contractor borad.

Stay away from this guy and is "compny"

37 days ago by carol geri

jim duran 22 Jan 13, 2010

Mark Besnos is a liar, theif, exortinist, and incompetent. I have first hand knowledge of his behaviour and stand behind my statement. Stay far far away from him and his wife. DO NOT LET THEM IN YOUR HOUSE OR CONTRACT WITH HIM FOR ANY WORK!!!

MARK BESNOS IS A LIAR AND HIS WIFE ENNA ASKIN I KNOW BIG TIME LIARS LIARS LIARS

****MARK BESNOS****steeling money/cheeks from costumer******

Complaint Rating:
    Company information:
    HORIZON CONSTRACTION & remodeling***mark besno
    California

*****************WARNING******************************WARNING*********************
    THIS COMPANY IS IN SERIOUS TROBBILE AND UNDER INVESTAGATION BY THE POLICE AND CONTRACTOR LICENCE BOARD.
    THEY STILL INFORMATION FROM OTHER CONSTRACTION COMPANIES. THEIR COSTOMER REVIEWS AND TESTAMONILS ARE NOT REAL AND USED BY OTHER COMPANIES. ALSO ALL THE PICTURES USED IN THERE WEB SITE ARE PERSONALLY STOLLED FROM ANOTHER COMPANY'S WEB SITE
    HORIZON CONSTRACTION & REMODELING COMPANY AND THEIR TWO EMPLOYEES :
    ***MARK BESNOS***STOLL PERSONAL CHECKS FROM COSTUMER AND USED IT FOR PERSONAL USE.and ****ENNA ESKIN***** helped him as well .THEY GIVE THEIR COSTUMERS WRONG INFORMATION, MISSLEAD THEM AND THEN STILL MONEY FROM COSTUMER.
    THEY NEVER RETURN TO PROJECTS & LEAVE COSTUMERs WITH UNFINISHED JOBs
    AVOID THESE THEIFs. THEY ARE PROFFICANAL CRIMINALS THEIFS especially MARK BESNOS
    THERE IS A POLICE REPORT NUMBER ON THEIR CASE AND ITS 091512254

*mark besnos*steeling money/cheeks from costumer*

*warning*warning*
This company is in serious trobbile and under investagation by the police and contractor licence board.
They still information from other constraction companies. Their costomer reviews and testamonils are not real and used by other companies. Also all the pictures used in there web site are personally stolled from another company's web site
Horizon constraction & remodeling company and their two employees :
*mark besnos*stoll personal checks from costumer and used it for personal use. And *enna eskin* helped him as well. They give their costumers wrong information, misslead them and then still money from costumer.
They never return to projects & leave costumers with unfinished jobs
Avoid these theifs. They are profficanal criminals theifs especially mark besnos
There is a police report number on their case and its [protected]

jim duran Dec 07, 2009

Every word is truh . this guy is a danger to home owners and im one of them.
    he came to my house and look like a nice guy that know what is doing but after the contract was sign the only thing that he was care about is money and how to milk more by telling all kind of lies . in the end i didnt get the quality, i did get a big bill and im about to complaint in the contractor borad.

stay away from this guy and is "compny"

• Mr
    Mrs. johnson Feb 11, 2010

We used Horizon Construction & Remodeling for a remodel. We had the kitchen and two additions, a bathroom and a bedroom remodeled. The company was great and supervised closely. It was finished around the time it was estimated. We were very pleased with the work. We were also very pleased with the project manager, Mark Besnos. I could call him anytime if there were questions that needed to be answered. He made sure everything was going OK and going smooth. I talked several times to the office manager, Enna Eskin. She was always very polite and asked if everything was ok. If I needed anything and could not contact Mark, then feel free to contact the office. Horizon Construction & Remodeling did a great job. Mark was like a tudor and went step by step with the whole project with us. I am proud to give out his business card and proud to show my friends and family what was done. Thanks Horizon Construction !

• Te
    TERENCE HARPER Feb 11, 2010

Thank you Mark BESNOS for all excellent work you did for us!!!
    you are great and don't let this people that absulutly don't know what they are talking about - to upset you!!!

GOOD LUCK in the new year 2010
    !!!

• Je
    Jeffery egan Feb 11, 2010

I referraled Mark Besnos - the best contractor in all orange county & la county to my father in law
    they used him for kitchen remodeling. i used him for bathroom & kitchen remodeling and this summer i will use him again for my deck and back yard
    and my sister doing an addition with him right now!
    HORIZON CONSTRUCTION & Remodeling, MARK BESNOS & ENNA ESKIN
    GET READY for all the progects and all the customers you will have from us!!!
    we love your job1

Anna789 Feb 23, 2010

Company information:
    5632 Van Nuys Blvd. # 290
    Van Nuys, California
    Phone: 888-854-2760
    generalremodelingcorp.com

Mark Besnos, the "project manager, " at first appears to be an honest contractor. However, when the contract is signed (or cancelled) he turns into a character who at the best, acts unprofessional, and at the worst, plays dirty. His contracts allow for a three-business-day period for cancellation, so please consider the situation thoroughly before that period is up; luckily, in this case, we got out. I await the refund of my deposit. I would highly recommend anyone to stay away from this contractor/company; I am looking into complaining to the Better Business Bureau, and want to spread knowledge of this foul company as much as possible.

stacy becker Jan 24, 2011

This guy is being sued by nearly everyone that can afford an attorney... Total rip-off, everything he touched is falling apart, paint, cabinets, marble, tile, plumbing etc... He hires gang bangers off the street posing as knowledgable workers. They will steal from your house and leave it in ruins. I could go on for days but going to spend my time sueing his Russian (*^*(&^ off...

this company sucks

Mark besnos and their worker dont know do do construction experience with this company. I hired them to...