Honeywell International incfradulent check

M

I was scam by an e-mail from Dave Cote offering a work at home job. After receiving the job offer I realized it was a fraud. I responded saying I refused the job offer. Two days after I was sent a fake check and keep receiving e-mails from Dave Cote to cash the check and send it western union. I am very scared and needs to know what action to take. I already called the United Postal service and file a complain with Internet Crime Complaint Center.

• Re
    Redrobin50 Mar 16, 2009

The same e-mail was sent to me, althoough I knew better than to respond. Isn't there a way to get these scam artists off the internet? Unfortunately there are people that do see this as legal employment and end up losing a lot of money. I am going to research what the next step would be for getting them out of our lives and computers.

• Kh
    khandikiss Sep 24, 2009

I have received the same email in my scam folder. I looked at it and knew that it had to be fraudulent. My advice to all is to always get phone numbers and contacts. If you cant call and speak to a live person-beware. Always try to get the company to send you paperwork throught the mail. Most scammers do not like to leave a paper trail. Be on the look out for the same types of emails from someone claiming to be Fedex. Be careful dealing with the cyberspace world, it can be very tricky.

• Bp
    bpbmommy Oct 15, 2009

I was just sent a check today as well for $2, 900. Then got a followup e-mail from this same guy to cash the check and confirm I got it. What an idiot. It was so obvisous that the check was a scam. The ship from contact person was Kelly Keating in Great Falls, MT. The phone number she put on the ups package was a number from Puerto Rico that is not even a valid phone number also the address she put is an address to a shopping mall! Do they not think that we have Google? Did they actually think that I would not research the check before depositing? The check was from a valid reputable company with the correct bank routing number from Suntrust. So I called the bank to verify and they informed me that check was not valid. I immediatley tore up the check. What a bunch of losers. I know the economy is bad but to prey on innocient hard working people is just not sane! I hope they catch these fools!

• Ha
    Harry1233456 Nov 12, 2009

I also received same check today but having company name Terriss Consolidating Industries which is valid company. The check was of Sovereign Bank and amounted to $3000.

I am putting this info so that any incidents can be avoided. I am thankful to whomseoever put this and those who replied.

Jacqulyn T Sep 03, 2010

I agree with these people same here I to recived an email from the same people but not a check it was a money order and I called to United states postal service to see if the money orders were real come to find out it was fake.

Jacqulyn T Sep 03, 2010

Well I recieved the same email I knew it was a scam but I played along with it to see what they would sure enough they sent me 2 money orders from the united states worth 915.02 a piece by mail they looked real has hell not going to lie. So I called the United states postal service my self to check they were fake.

• Ta
    Tamoka Sep 22, 2010

Report them to the FBI internet fraud department. I went through this before, but they contacted me by mail alone, and I lost alot of money and messed up my credit because I cashed the check at my bank, and now I owe them, and they sent it to a creditor. It was a different company then out of Canada, now these Honeywell people have emailed me, but I know better now.

• Mi
    Michael Hurndon Oct 07, 2010

thanks everyone got the same junk myself - sure hope they catch these creeps. I knew it was a scam. Been out of work almost a year so you wanna believe . Anyone who knows of a real job for a man with three college degrees - A.A. in Criminal Justice- BA in Liberal Arts and two classes from completing an MA in Educational Leadership. If you know someone who can really use a well trained professional e-mail me at [protected]@yahoo.com
    I live in Las Vegas NV.

• Am
    AmyNK Oct 17, 2010

ok read all of the above - what step to take? will local police help? I have the checks and all the emails that were sent to me. I stopped responding when I figured out it was too good to be true but now I sit here with a check that looks real but will check it out tomorrow of course. How can we get this to stop? How do I stop the emails from them as well? I too was going to play along but now do not want to be legally responsible for anything! I live in IL.

• Ta
    tannersmom Jan 17, 2011

I was contacted some time ago by someone saying they represented Ashley Furniture Company and offering employment. Had enough knowledge about scams to contact Ashley and ask about the email which of course, they were not any part of. So will not respond in anyway to this or other offers of employment sent this way. Is tempting, though, to think about gaining income from sitting on your back side for a few hours since already doing just that!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices