HomeComings FinancialCheating people out of their homes!

Homecomings Financial seems to be in the 'business' of CHEATING people OUT of their homes based on everything I've seen written online... Scared me so much a couple of weeks age that I posted my complaint on a class action site and now have a law firm in NY interested in a class action suit against Homecomings. They are GREAT people at the law firm helping me personally so I won't (hopefully) lose my home to this FRAUDULENT company.

If any of you out there have any suggestions for help or know anyone who has/had problems with Homecomings. PLEASE have them post and/or email me ASAP, The law firm, Wolf Popper, NY is looking into CLASS ACTION SUIT against Homecomings Financial. You may contact me by using the rebuttal box below.

A CLASS ACTION SUIT will bring JUSTICE for those of us devastated by this company's underhanded fraudulent practices!! Thanks for any help!!

• Li
    Linda Steiner Feb 01, 2007

It is not so much homecomings as it is Draper and Goldberg. We are at issue with them.

• He
    heidi corwin Feb 07, 2007

Need more resources about this company. They screwed me bad. I had perfect credit and they destroyed it in a week and foreclosed on my home. I have a lawyer, please send me more news on this bad mortgage company so we can put them out of business.

• To
    Tony Brown Mar 01, 2007

I can just tell you that Homecomings bought our mortgage from another company in December of 2004 (2 months after purchase). They sent us a letter in May of 2004 stating that our payments now needed to go to them. We continued to pay our original mortgage company because we were not aware that our mortgage had been sold. As soon as we got the letter, we began paying Homecomings without skipping a beat. We have all of the bank payments to prove it. After being harrassed, for a couple of months they told us that they would settle it with our old mortgage company and they were sorry for the inconvenience. No other calls were made to us. Attempts to reconcile the 2 companies left our old mortgage company stating that everything was submitted to Homecomings, while Homecomings stated that they never received it. We referred them to each other to settle it.

In November of 2005, we got a letter stating that our mortgage was being sold the next day on the courthouse steps here in Georgia. We dropped over 5,000 dollars to them in November of 2005 just to allow time for things to be discussed and cleared up. They said that payment was to be used to prove we had access to capital and we owed no payments until March of 2006. We requested information in writing , but as usual we got nothing. After making payments in March and April we found that they were again foreclosing on our home.

What we found out in the spring of 2006 after numerous attempts to refinance with other companies to escape what we felt was shady dealings, was that while our credit report showed no negative reports on payments, Homecomings was informing potential investors that we were in default. We just kept wondering why we could never fully close the deal with other financial institutions. One company finally returned our call telling us that Homecomings was stating that we were in default over $13,000 dollars. After requesting information from them you'll never guess where the figure came from. That's right... the 4 months that they never settled with our old company with added penalties and finance charges.

No lawyers that we met with want to help us here because while they see our payments going out, they know that this type of case is time consuming. While we have called them consistently 2 times a month to talk, their lawyers tell us to call them and they tell us to call their lawyers.

I just found out today from a friend who is a real estate agent that our house was forclosed on and sold to an investment group in December of 2006. This has happened while we have been trying to contact them with no return phone calls. All of this occurred because we little people have little influence when the wheels of finance start turning and nobody takes the time to conduct business ethically.

• Ge
    Gerri Wilbanks Mar 13, 2007

OMG! I am dealing with Homecomings now, as my parents' mortgage was sold to them. They have raised their interest rates to 21 percent, which I think is against the law. I am definitely looking into this! My parents paid them 21k last year in interest. I would never have known all of this until they started to foreclose on my parents. Please write and let me know if this has happened to you. My parents are in their late 60s and have had their home for 30 years. It is such a sad situation. Anyone out there who can help me??

kitty whitworth Mar 14, 2007

Trying to make a case against Homecomings is almost impossible. They have basically ruined me. I have worked in the legal field for 25 years and still cannot locate a lawyer in Alabama who has any experience in proceeding in a fraud action against this company. We have paid over $12,000 in payment in SIX months, yet our principal has only been reduced by a mere $300.00. We are charged a $99 property inspection fee each month. This company is located in Texas and I seriously doubt that they have EVER inspected my home in Shelby County, Alabama. They are unethical, crooked and completely unscrupulous! We currently have an attorney investigating the matter, but apparently it will take lots of accounting to figure out where the problem lies, but I know that my husband and I send our payments in EACH MONTH by western union wire transfer - then they don't even post the payment when received, thus, often charging us late fees. We were forced to file a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Petition to hold off an illegal foreclosure. Now we are paying $1,850.00 per month for our mortgage (with interest rate going up to 14.5%, and an additional $966 per month to the bankurptcy trustee, which over half of said sum goes to Homecomings, and yet we are STILL not being credited with our current payments, nor is the payment which is being made by the U. S. Trustee showing up as a payment at all.

• Ro
    Robert and Carla Ramella Apr 02, 2007

My wife and I are going through this as well. Anyone who can help us please email me at [email protected]

• Te
    Terri Apr 05, 2007

My complaint is too long to write about right now but similar to all of the others. It is impossible to speak with someone at Homecomings who can give you a straight answer or receive a call back from your "financial counselor". I have documented the times, dates and persons I have spoke with in the past month in hopes to build a case against them and prove that they will not work with me to prevent foreclosure.

I can't tell you how many different responses I have gotten from the "financial counselor's" there. One person won't let me send in a payment (because it was a day late), another will accept a payment, one will set up a re-payment plan for me, another told me the only thing that is possible is for me to sell my house. I put my house up for sale within a day to prevent foreclosure (which I was told was going to happen if I didn't), my realtor faxed over the listing contract twice and also called but did not receive a call back and when I followed up, the person I spoke with said they never received the faxes and that I am not up for foreclosure.

How frustrating! I can't believe a company can stay in business running it the way it does! I have no idea where I stand and have tried to do everything I can to stay out of foreclosure.

I was told to contact my Congressman and the Federal Reserve, which I intend to do. The Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (NACA) has gone after predatory lenders. Maybe it's time that we make them aware of Homecomings. I will be writing all three of the aforementioned contacts - please do so also, so we can stop Homecomings (GMAC) from ruining anyone elses life.

• Br
    Bridgette Cook Apr 09, 2007

Homecomings Financial is making our lives a nightmare. They are unethical. They care nothing about their clients or the lives they ruin. We did not get this mortgage company by choice it was transfered from another company. As many mortgage companies do. We have been in a repayment plan with them for a couple months and then after that we were told after I called numerous times that they were going to work on a loan modification for us. We 2 months went by, in the mean time I call them several times trying to get some answers they said modifications take time and someone would be in touch. I asked them about my payments and again they said someone would be in touch. NO ONE EVER CALLED.!!! We never received statements the whole time we were in our repayment program. This company is a joke. No one ever knows what they are talking about when I speak to someone. Well Friday April 6 2007 we get a judgment for foreclosure. I was furious in tears. They were trying to take our house. I called them and said I thought we were going to get a loan modification, they man stated he didn't know why we thought that, and who would have told us that. So after that I filed a complaint with my Attorney General Office in KY, and in Tx where their company is. Also filed one with the TX BBB. I filed a response to the lawyers and the my local courthouse. Next is my congressman. I also signed up to have the LawyersandSettlements look at my case for the lawsuit they are considering. Homecomings unfair practices must be stopped. Any one with complaints must come forward.. Don't let them take your house.

• Da
    Dave Adams Apr 12, 2007

We also had our load sold to HomeComings Financial.

The scam they are pulling with us is that they suddenly claimed in December that we had no proof of insurance. Of course we've had our insurance with AAA for many years now, and they only reason there was any confusion at all is that Homecomings CHANGED OUR ACCOUNT NUMBER. When AAA in due course confirmed that we had insurance Homecomings ignored them. Why? Because AAA submitted the report under the old account number.

Now we learned just today that Homecomings has changed our Account Number AGAIN. Oh, and since we "didn't have insurance", they went ahead and opened an insurance account on our behalf and charged the insurance premium for it (which happens to be about 2X what we already pay AAA) against our Principal. Of course they don't tell us the name of the insurance company they sent money to in our name. Gee, I wonder if Homecomings has a Mortgage Insurance business... ya think?

Anybody else dealing with that scam?

Dave Adams
    [email protected]

Kimbelrie Apr 13, 2007

It seems as though I am not alone….unfortunately. I was hoping that Homecomings had not done such things to others.

Our loan ironically was sold to Homecomings like most others and the transition was a bit bumpy, it took a while for them to post our payments from my previous lender. But after that things were fine for about 7-8 months.

Then I was out of work for a period of time and we fell behind on our mortgage among other bills and I contacted Homecomings to set up a repayment plan to rectify the situation and get back into good standings. They advised that a repayment plan could be done to avoid foreclosure. They faxed me the paperwork on my second request. I filled it out accordingly and faxed it back within 2 business days. I waited one more day then called.

The person I spoke with advised me that it takes a few days to process and see if they got the paperwork and to call back at the beginning of the following week. So I called on Monday. Nothing, I called back on Tues. and they still had no record of anything. I then asked whomever I was on the line with if my home was going into foreclosure while we are getting this stuff together and such. They advised no. So Friday rolls around and I called. Still nothing. So I asked them if they could re-fax or mail me the info. The person stated that they would mail the packet for me to fill out. I got it about 3-4 days later. Filled it out and faxed it back in. This time they got it.

All the while I had money to send but they advised for me to not send any money because I was in default and it would be sent back, payment would have been rejected. So since they got my paperwork this time the person on the phone advised that I should call back in 3 business days to find out the payment plan amount. I advised ok and I will call back. I did and they advised that I was over-extended and they could not set up a plan for me at this time and I would need to pay the full balance of the loan. I was in total shock. I was so stressed I couldn’t eat, sleep and my hair was falling out at the thought of loosing my home I had worked so hard to obtain. Finally we had to file chapter 13 to save our home.

After that I started getting (what seems like the usual) letters that I have no insurance and that they would get their own if I did not provide proof. My response to that was my insurance is to be escrowed and paid by Homecomings. I then got a statement from my insurance that they had not been paid. I faxed everything into my lawyer and luckily she handled the situation for me and got them to pay my insurance. Now come 2007 I get a letter from the tax offices and my taxed (city and county) have not been paid for 2006, those as well were to be escrowed from my account.

I am now getting into contact with my lawyer to try and get this one fixed. It has been one problem after another. I have another 2 ½ years left on my bankruptcy and once I am done with that I am going to another lender and refinancing. If at all possible after all the damage to my credit now.

• Th
    Theresa Sucher Apr 13, 2007

I just cannot believe so many people are in the same situation as myself and that nothing seems to be able to be done about this company.

I can tell you that since Homecomings purchased our loan one month after we refinanced, the trouble began. I too did not know that they purchased my loan and continued to send our payments to the company we refinanced with. I finally got a letter a few months later telling me they were my new mortgage company and I was behind on my loan. I contacted them and told them I didn't know what they were talking about that my loan was with someone else. They told me they purchased the loan and had never received my payments. Thus began the long turmoil relationship with Homecomings.

Just another thing that happened to me was my interest that they claim that was paid out dropped nearly $7,000 after they took over our loan. Then the next year is dropped an additional $1,000 + yet my interest rate continues to climb (11.75).

It just continued to get worse. Everything described above has happened to us. The rest is too detailed to explain but gets much worse. We have tried everything to save our home including filing bankruptcy CH. 13, which was suppose to stop them from any further bogus charges. IT DIDN'T! I tried working something out but to no avail. I even got outside help. Wouldn't return any calls. Well they foreclosed on my home on 2/28/07. My family (myself, husband and two children) have no where to go now.

Please feel free to contact me about the class action lawsuit. You can definitely count me in.

• Lb
    L Brown Apr 14, 2007

Homecomings practices are unbelievable. I am having the same problem. Due to medical was out of work for 6 months fell 60 days behind, called homecomings to get loan modification or to have the past due payments put to the rear of the loan. after several attempts they told me the didn't offer that program. So i went into a forbearance agreement for six months,after the six month thinking I was on track they told me one and a half payments went to atty fees something i was not of aware of. Asking them how much were the atty fees, the rep told me to contact the atty. making a long story short, penalties and fees are still being added. tried to refinance couldn't due to Homecomings entering a lis pendens now they are trying to foreclose on my home. What recourse do we as clients have when these large predatory lenders have the upper hand. When my loan was sold to homecomings is when the nightmare began. Please advise anyone to what recourse I have or what lender will refi to one who has imperfect credit.

Kim Rojina Apr 17, 2007

Hello to all who have been ripped off by homecomings Financial!!
    I was late by 10 days told the co. reason was a job change.
    Was told by one person to continue making payments and they would tack late fee at end of mortgage, which I continued to do. I did everything I was told to do.
    I have been upfront with this co. since day 1!
    I filled out and faxed a total of 9 repayment packages ( same paperwork every time. called confirming had received.
    Many calls they stated they never had documented. People who reportedly were working on my case, Did not exist nor worked there any more. Was told I don't know how many times the case was being worked on.
    Keep sending payment. Don't worry you are fine, you will not loose your home.
    Continued to make payments including extra.
    Refused to send detailed statement of where money was going.
    Worked with Luthern social services as told to do .
    LSS showed income and I was more then able to make payment and extra every month.
    LSS attempted to contact Homecomings Financial.
    People did not exist nor did the extension #'s you were to call.
    received paperwork from Dallas Texas And other states?
    Homecomings stated they would not except anything to prove that payments continued to be made nor proof that income was more then sufficient. Received letter from their rip off attorneys I was going to loose my home.
    Sent letter of dispute with in 1 week as stated in letter that i was able to dispuit with in 30 days of receiving letter.
    within 2 week of letter sent, received letter that my home was going on the auction block.
    I sold my home at a great loss!!! Homecomings destroyed my credit rating. On top of all that .
    After sell of home, Homecomings ripped my off on just about all money to be refunded.
    Detailed letter was not received until 6 months after no longer owning home.
    Homecomings had deducted every month for someone who came to appraise the property??? Whats that all about.
    How can you appraise property monthly when you don't even own the home!!!
    after some research, I discovered that Homecomings takes your money to pay the snake attorneys, instead of posting it towards your mortgage!!
    The stress of losing everything, no place for my family to live has been unbearable.
    I can't beleave that there isn't an attorney out there that won't take the bull by the horns, be a real ### and take homecomings to the cleaners!!!
    If I were an attorney, you better believe that I while PMS'ing would rake these AS*HOLES to the cleaners.

• Re
    Rebecca Pazik Apr 17, 2007

My issues happened with this company back in 1999 and 2000. My story sounds just like everyone elses. My loan was transferred to these guys and several of my payments didn't get transferred over. I attempted several times for a repayment plan...that didn't work. They returned my payments. Finally in early 2000 they filed foreclosure. Thankfully, I was able to borrow the money from a family member at the last minute to save my house. We had just came to the resolution it would be gone. It was saved out of foreclosure and I was able to get it refinanced through someone else and life was great. After paying it off in August 2000, mysteriously my three payments reappeared and were in an escrow account. I had no escrow account set up. Anyway, here I am almost seven years later and in the process of getting ready to sell my home, I found out that they did not file the correct Satisfaction of Mortgage which is preventing the sale. I have tried on so many occasions to speak to someone, but unfortunately I get cut off because my loan number is not a current one. The only way I can get anyone is to punch numbers for new customer to get to collections and then have them transfer me (which they aren't happy about). I have faxed over their requested paperwork a month ago and still haven't had the corrections filed. Although I am not surprised, I cannot believe they can still screw me up seven years later.

• Ke
    Kevin Maxwell Apr 20, 2007

I have had a problem with Homecomings force placing insurance on two separate occasions and after agreeing to a repayment plan, have been(in their view) always two months late which of course lowers your credit score and prevents you from refinancing with another company... WHICH WAS THEIR PLAN FROM THE START. Never, Never, Never agree to a repayment plan with Homceomings.

Does anyone have any advice how to join any legal actions against these predatory lender?

• Ti
    Tina Apr 24, 2007

We are tired of fighting Homecomings Financial so we decided to get out while we can. We found a home to rent and I am much happier.

Our payment raised every 6 months started out at 450 now well over 700. Homecomings will not send us statements, will not give us a straight answer as to exactly what the total payment is. Holds our payments in a suspense account? They say what we sent in was not the total payment. Okay can I get a straight answer, why no, I may not!!!

Paid our taxes without asking them to. Tacked in their insurance, claimed 796.00 a year tacked it on again in 6 months. I have been from lawyer to lawyer to lawyer. No one will take them on.

They forced us into a chapter 13 to save the home once. Our credit ruined by them. So since we are surrending the home. We will at least have the satisfaction that they will NOT be able to collect any more from us. We are waiting for the official foreclosure and the house being auctioned off I imagine what they will do or it will be sold as a foreclosure.

When they try to come after us for whatever amount they will claim we owe them. I am sure they will claim they can not get what is owed on the home. Then we flip over the chapter 13 into a chapter 7 and they cant collect a damn thing.

• Ti
    Tina Apr 24, 2007

We would be interested in a class action suit!!!

• Wi
    William F Caton Apr 26, 2007

I recently lost my job and realized that I would have to sell my home. In three months of contacting Homecomings by phone, fax, email, and letters, I have never had a response. I will soon no longer be able to make payments and will soon just have to walk away from the loan and ruin my credit. With a little cooperation or even communication this could have been avoided! What an awful company!

• Ra
    Raymond Bouchayer Apr 26, 2007

I noticed that homecoming filled a Lis Pendes on my condo . They were going to lend me X amount of money last December, instead they paid medical bills and other obligations that I had under control and what money was left made it impossible to keep up on my first loan and second loan.

My loands were "no-docs", they were well aware of my problems, they just added to it .

Any remedy possible?

Raymond Bouchayer
    "[email protected]"

• Em
    Emily Gream Apr 27, 2007

Exact same situation as all others, I am definitely interested in a class action suit. Contact me.

• Ar
    Armentress D. Robinson Apr 27, 2007

I felt like I was reading my situation with Homecomings as I read everyone's complaint. My mouth flew open because I was in major shock. I experienced the hike in the interest rate thus the hike in my monthly payments. I experienced the loan modification situation in which I called them because they hadn't returned my phone calls. Now, my house is scheduled to be auctioned on May 18th. This is a total nightmare. I can't believe that this has been going on. This is really the abbreviated version of the pain and suffering I have experienced for the past two years. Homecomings has got to be shutdown for good. There's no way they are going to get away with this. I'm not going to stop until I see that they pay for the pain and suffering they caused innocent people. It's not right and it's not fair.

• Le
    Leslie Darienzo Apr 28, 2007

Homecomings are thieves. They are owned (51%) by a hedge fund called "Cerberus", which among other things is the company that Walter Reed was outsourced to. Dan Quayle is on the board of directors. Our re-finance was also purchased by them in Dec. of last year. We had paid "Loan City" 2 payments because we were informed they had purchased the loan. They, of course, abruptly went bankrupt. Homecomings did not inform us they had purchased the loan, we had to track them down. We were informed our payment was late--they had sent payment information to Chicago. We live in Florida. Why Chicago? Who knows. The terms of the loan had changed at the closing, we were told to disregard the page that we were questioning and look at the next page. Our payments are double what we were led to believe they would be. There is a $20,000 pre-payment penalty fee if we sell the house before the three years in which they're allowed to rake in usurious rates of interest. Our FICO score is 790+, the advice of a "friend" real estate agent steered us to the mortgage brokers who were the first in a long line of thieves who have profited from our misfortune. We are not at risk of losing our house currently, but my sense is they are entitled to change the rules and interest rates/due dates, etc., randomly and without notifying us. This is a prime example of the Owners of this country squeezing the middle class dry. They're eating their young, and they don't care. These predators are taking their (our) cash and absconding to their offshore havens. We've been had.

Kimbelrie May 07, 2007

Question... has anyone had any other encounters similar to these with other mortgage companies??? Homecomings is the only mortgage company I have dealt with so right now I am thinking anyone else would be better... unfortunately I cannot go with anyone else due to the havoc on my credit and it's score due to this company.

Kim
    Knox, TN

Paul E. Hubble May 10, 2007

Actual credit cards sent in mail and never requested! Danger ! Dangerous! Maddening policy should be discontinued maybe sued!

Patrice Motyka May 10, 2007

We also refi-ed our loan in Feb. 2005. Two months later I was informed by Homecomings that they bought my loan and it was a seamless transaction. I set up an automatic debit for my payment to be made each month and not have to worry about it. I have done this for 30 years without a problem and there were no problems again. However, I was not aware that I had an adjustable rate until January 2007. I started looking and I finally refi-ed on April 30th with Fidelity Mortgage. They were wonderful. It only took 5 business days to get the job done. Because of the three day right of rescission, my loan funded on 5/4. Also because they funded late in the day, the money to Homecomings was wired on May 7. I have been checking my account status online ever since and my account is not closed and the payoff was not posted. So I called and after sitting on hold for 20 minutes, being told that they didn't receive the wire transfer. I knew that was a lie and I got proof that it was received at 10:40 am on 5/7. I have called 6 times since and they still tell me the same thing. I finally got a supervisor, Carla on the phone and she said I needed to fax proof that the wire was sent. I spoke with someone this morning who said Carla was "Monitoring" my account and would not put me thru to Carla. I don't want my account "monitored", I want it paid off in full and my escrow returned to me. Like that will happen. I called the title company and they are getting involved. We will see what happens. But to the last person that posted, I found Fidelity by going onto LowerMyBills.com and they were quite accommodating. I don't have the best of credit, but I am working on clearing it up. I have never missed a mortgage payment because of the auto payment and it helped in my situation.

• Dw
    D. White May 10, 2007

Tomorrow, (5/11) I am filling a compliant in the AG office for each call center and office that Homecomings located. First, they have outsourced there information/call center and what we have e-mailed and faxed is not getting to the areas of concerned. That is the hope for this company. Second if you follow the history of complaints, Homecomings seems to be able to purchase loans months after one has closed on there home. I believe that research should be done to find who the original owner of the loan was and to see if the owner has a connection to the Homecomings Company, if this is the case then the questions of ethics should be asked. Does the practice between companies become a monopoly?

I closed on my home in October, my loan sold November and I receive a letter stating the property is showing not to be insured, but the original loan had an escrow account on where the insurance company has issued the check for my insurance. So in summary, home closing October, loan sold November, letter stating no insurance in December. My home loan increased in May to show that they have insured me. There insurance increased my payment $1100.00 a month, and my insurance that was issued to the original loan was only 349.00 a year. I know and you know that when a loan is sold all transactions are to go with the loan, but if the insurance company is also part of the unethical practice then they should also be penalized. I will not allow this fly by night company use me or others for there financial gain over unethical practices.

I am also going to take e this to the media. I believe that those who do not have internet access need to read or hear about this companies’ unethical practice. I believe Homecomings loans are loans that have been purchased from a company that does business with a mortgage broker, and then sells the mortgage after a few months.

Is there a class action suit?

• Dw
    D. White May 11, 2007

Question, how many unhappy customers that are dealing with Homecoming's had there mortgage sold from an original lender who made a down payment on there mortgage?

How many will lose there down payment due to foreclosure?

• Ab
    A. Bryant May 13, 2007

I like many of you have experienced problems with Homecomings. My loan was sold to them without my consent, and within the 1st- 30 days that a payment was due, a HC (homecomings) representatives explained that a payment hadn't been received. Eventually after making numerous calls to them, and my old loan company, (E-loans) the previous payments were transferred to the HC account. There has been other problems like me sending in payments a week or 2 early, and the company not applying the payment towards the upcoming payment. I had to call in before the payment due date to rectify that. Now I send in the payments electronically, which they'll receive via a mailed check. They don't accept electronic payments unless it is through their automatic debit system. If you attempt to send partial payments their computer isn't setup for that. Your payment will be applied towards your principal, and not the payment. I know that my payments will arrive there by the due date, so I am still using my credit unions' bill-pay system. Fortunately, I am in the military, and do receive a steady income. My wife did not feel that this company was honorable, and has asked me to have the loan refinanced. I just applied for a loan with my credit union that'll cover the cost of the loan balance. I am still awaiting the decision of the loan. Regardless, I will attempt to payoff this account before I am stuck in any unethical practices that many of you have faced. Semper Fi.

Kimbelrie May 18, 2007

As a reply to a previous poster I do not think there is a class action suit against Homecomings... If there is or is going to be one I want to be involved 100% of the way.

These folks are underhanded, malicious (sp?), evil and unethical. I have had so many problems from this company and the stress is hurting my health among other things... We need to do something. I am going to do research to see where we would need to start to get a class action suit going and I will post what I find out.

Godspeed,
    Kim.

Kimbelrie May 18, 2007

I did a google search for "class action homecomings" and this is what I found... Not sure if the link will come thru but if you do the google search this should be the first option. What I read is exactly what is happening to all of us... Everyone please report your case to them and speak to the lawyers and maybe some justice may be served eventually.

Kim

Joel Heath May 21, 2007

I would be interested in a class action also, please feel free to contact me. I was deployed in Dec 03, and let them know that I was being deployed and covered under soldier's and sailor's act. While on deployment, I was extended for an extra nine months, and during the extension, was injured and placed in a medical hold company for my surgeries. I spent 22 months on medical hold and will be released 13 Jun 07, yes 43 months later. While I was deployed my spouse decided to spend the house payment money instead of paying it, and I did not know or receive notice for 28 months. Since finding out I have continually tried to work with homecomings to find a reasonable solution for both parties. I was told they would refinance, but when I tried I was told that my credit wasn't good enough, and my bad credit was from Homecomings... HELLO!! Now, even though I haven't been released from the military yet, I am in the predicament of having to sell. I have requested payoff amount, but never get a straight answer, except that it goes up $63 dollars a DAY, but no detailed reason why. I have tried to settle for above the principal that I owe, but they won't even hear me. Apparently I have to have it listed for 4 months with a Realtor with several valid offers in the same ballpark before they will consider a price reduction, however I only have until 11 SEP 07 before they start foreclosure. Had I known their policies on reduction before today, which I have previously asked about but never gotten a straight response, I could have had it on the market 4 months ago. Now I can't even get home to fix it up or anything till after I am released, but "That isn't their problem". Nice huh? Anyway just had to vent because it is all so frustrating!!! Should have known when they "bought" my loan 3 months after my original finance, and immediately began having problems with them posting payments correctly, and going round and round about insurance I had, but they kept charging me for because they kept saying I didn't have, although my insurance company faxed proof every month!! Oh well, you live and learn, I am just to old to have to keep learning!

• Lo
    lori butler May 21, 2007

I have gone through foreclosure proceedings with homecomings twice! The first time was when our mortgage was bought by them and they stated that they never received their first payment 5 years ago. I paid all the fees and reinstated the loan and made their repayments. This time it was because they added an escrow account to our payments and claimed a nov. 2006 payment was never received in full (they cashed the check!) we now sold our home instead of trying the repayment plan. On recorded lines at my work they stated, starting the first of may 2007 (while they were merging with gmac) i would have a payoff in 24-48 hrs! No payoff yet and their law office of RODGER TOWNSEND & THOMAS, PC OF SOUTH CAROLINA told me point blank on a recorded line that homecomings will hold my account until the end of this month, place back in foreclosure and i will have to pay them another 2000.00 in lawyer fees to get a payoff!!! Ii have asked the state of south Carolina to investigate this company! I am calling the gov of sc and the news! You may contact me ANYTIME!!

• Th
    Theresa Sucher May 23, 2007

I too have had numerous issues with Homecomings and they foreclosed on my house in Feb. (see the post several weeks ago). I signed up for a class action suit with this law firm: TWolf Popper LLP,845 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10022.

Unfortunately, this morning I received an email that states the following:

The complaint against Homecomings Financial Network which our office had been handling has been dismissed. Our office is no longer prosecuting a pending class action case against Homecomings. This means that there will be no class recovery with respect to this complaint.

If you have had problems with Homecomings, you can consult with your own counsel. You can also file a formal complaint online with the Federal Trade Commission at its website: https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

Local state and city governments might also have similar departments of consumer affairs or offices of the Attorney General with which you can lodge a complaint you might have regarding Homecomings. Check online or contact your state or local government for information on how to do this.

It doesn't state anywhere why the class action was dismissed. I can't seem to get anywhere with any lawyers willing to take this company on. But I will tell you that I have filed with the BBB and the Atty Generals office. I will be contacting as the above referenced Federal Trade Commissions as well.

My family has no where to go now and because HC screwed up my credit trying to get someone to rent a house to us is impossible. I can't believe that this company can keep getting away with this.

Mary A. Foster May 25, 2007

My husband and I have been released from our Bankruptcy now since Feb of 07'. I have been trying to contact these people to get a payment booklet from the so we can start paying them again. The first time I called they said that they needed a release letter from the Bankruptcy court. I told them that I had received a letter from the court that they were unable to send a letter because they did not have a correct address to send the info to. And they refused at that time to speak to me any further. I kept trying to call but no one would speak to me about it. Today I called and spoke to someone in the Bankruptcy dept by the name of Robert. He refused to help me because I am not on the account. All I want is to have them to send a payment booklet to my husband so we can start making payments. I am not wanting to get any info or change any info... Why can't they just send to stupid payment booklet. ARE THEY WAITING FOR US TO GO INTO DEFAULT SO THEY CAN TAKE OUR HOME? My husband works out of town, out of country and weird hours. It is my responsibility to make sure that things run smoothly at home while he is gone. But idiots like this company come along and make it hard just to make a payment. I understand the privacy laws. I didn't request anything, I answered all the security questions correctly and they still wouldn't help me. Beware people!

Sincerely, helplessly Mary A. Foster.

Paul Galloway Jun 11, 2007

I totally agree that Homecomings Financial is predatory in many ways. I entered into a re-payment plan with Homecomings Financial and made payments of ($1800.00) and the last payment was to supposed to be about ($1200.00) and attempted to make me pay ($3500.00) after fees for being late on the final payment. I wrote The South Carolina Attorney's Office (Consumers Advocate) division in reference to their practices. Now I was sent another re-payment offer a week ago and then they sent me an offer to lower my mortgage payments on June 7, 2007. Today June (11th, 2007)(2) men resenting "I don't know who" came by our residence and said we have (3) days to accept an offer to relocate while being evicted from our home. It is fair to now request that our attorney general's office revoke their right to do mortgages in the State of South Carolina.

• Gl
    Glo Deanda Jun 13, 2007

Why is it so difficult to find out if there are any lawsuits against this horrible company? We almost lost our house while we were with them and finally refinanced to get away from them. The crooks sent a huge payoff and we were forced to pay them this amount - they promised they would do an audit and send us a breakdown but never have. They owe us over $10K (probably much more) but I had to put it aside because it was about to give me a nervous breakdown. I've written letters, made phone calls - to no avail - just as before when we were with them. The reason they are doing these horrible things to people is because no one has gone up against them. Please respond asap - I really need the information. Thanks!

• Pr
    Primitivo Prieto Jun 14, 2007

After many attempts to inform mortagage company of sub-prime loan amount and negotiate a better loan package, mortgage payments have been delinquent and foreclosure proceedings have begun against us.

• La
    Larry Ray Millikan Jun 15, 2007

I was swindled into a loan that World Financial Corp. made sound that was the perfect loan for us! It was with Homecomings Financial. I would like to join you in the lawsuit or ? And I know of another couple going through the same.

• Sh
    shelia w daniel Jun 19, 2007

Homecomings has opened an escrow account for property insurance. This is not needed since we carry our own property insurance. February 2007, I was informed by Homecomings that I have no insurance on the property, and homecomings took insurance out in the amount of $2,795.00. On numerous attempts I faxed and mailed the proof of insurance this company states they never received the information. In March I was told that I am thirty days past due, I told them I was not they told me the monthly payment was not going towards the note, but the insurance. I verbally filed a complaint with the resolution department and as of this date they have not resolved the matter. I still send in the note they willingly deduct from my checking and place it in holding until this matter is corrected. While they place my funds in holding they continue to call stating I have not made a payment. Please help with information regarding a Class Action against this company.

• Me
    Megan Burkard Jun 19, 2007

Well I just got my house three months ago, and it was immediately sold to homecomings financial on the closing day, thats when the problem started. I sent in my first payment on time and then they ended up sending it back to me, I called and they said there was no record of my account on file. So I waited till the next month and then sent both payments in, and still it got sent back and know one seems to have me anywhere on record. Dont know what to do about all this, I am just saving up all the returned mail and the money and hoping that they get there acts together. I haven't even received a bill from them yet in three months.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices