HomeComings FinancialCheating people out of their homes!

Homecomings Financial seems to be in the 'business' of CHEATING people OUT of their homes based on everything I've seen written online... Scared me so much a couple of weeks age that I posted my complaint on a class action site and now have a law firm in NY interested in a class action suit against Homecomings. They are GREAT people at the law firm helping me personally so I won't (hopefully) lose my home to this FRAUDULENT company.

If any of you out there have any suggestions for help or know anyone who has/had problems with Homecomings. PLEASE have them post and/or email me ASAP, The law firm, Wolf Popper, NY is looking into CLASS ACTION SUIT against Homecomings Financial. You may contact me by using the rebuttal box below.

A CLASS ACTION SUIT will bring JUSTICE for those of us devastated by this company's underhanded fraudulent practices!! Thanks for any help!!

Marsha Shields Aug 04, 2016

Homecomings Financial is a rip off. My home has went into foreclosure and of course they were willing to help. They gave me these outrageous fees (attorney fees, administration fees, etc,) in addition to the fees to catch up the mortgage. They did a worksheet and they are charging outrageous fees in order forme to keep my home!! These people are crooks, not to mention my mortgage has more than doubles since I bough the home about three years ago. I only see myself sinkng deeper and deeper with these people!!! Is there anyone out there who can help me? I don't want to lose my home, but I don't know what to do??

Realty Mediation Services Aug 04, 2016

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

I take all that frustration away from you and create solutions that work. I know that it may be hard to swallow, but I do. I have done it for several people. And I can do it for you too. If you want more specifics or just want to talk to me, call my office at [protected] and check out the website, which is being updated with a few new options available. And this isn't just for people facing foreclosure, people that are current and want to pay off their home early, call me. I can and will help as many people as I am able to. What have you got to lose? Website address is http://www.onlybusiness.com/members/RealtyMediationService...and if not for you, best of luck. In all your endeavors.

• Valerie Aug 04, 2016

I have a home loan with homecomings which they bought from another company in November of 2005. Homecomings was not my initial mortgage company. Now my adjustable interest rate is going out of control and I cannot refinance with another company or with homecomings for a fixed rate. Its like they are trying to force me out of my home. Is there any help out there for desperate people like me. Since my loan is with homecoming is it not possible for them to refinance my loan to a fix rate that way I can be able to afford to keep my home.

Janet Furr-Kalpakoff Aug 04, 2016

We got behind on our monthly payments due to many unforseen life occurances (too numerous to go into right now). Currently we are 3 months behind and are in default. We have tried numerous times to discuss solutions with Homecomings. We have not been able to talk with anyone at the company who can help us. The customer reps that anwer the call say that they are only able to take a payment from us and cannot help us otherwise. Then the rep transfers us to a manager that can help... which actually just puts us on hold for what feels like indefinitely. I have sat their on hold for over 30 minutes before. We have yet to reach a "manager". And, the company has not contacted us by phone. By mail we have received only one letter stating we are in default. We are frustrated and see foreclosure happening.

RES Aug 04, 2016

I am in the same situation with this company. I have hired an Attorney, which is having a terrible time getting a hold of anyone. They do not return calls and is unwilling to work with me. I have tried every avenue to get the bank to work with me and they seem they would rather foreclose. Any suggestions smb...

• Er
    Eric Lopez Aug 04, 2016

So how long would all you deadbeats like to live in your homes without making any payments 6,7 possibly 8 months that it takes you to find a jobbefore you make a payment. Get real who do you think would really do that. Wake up and take responsibility for your actions. You want the bank to do miracles and with your peoples credit(yes its probably not that great if you have an ARM loan) who obviously have had some type of issues living up to your contractual obligations. Yeah right think again.

• Os
    Oscar Bissot Aug 04, 2016

10+ years as a customer until 2004 when I began to have problems (I lost my job). They were nice to help (help??? you don't have a job and what do they do: don't stop the late fees, don't stop the monthly inspections fee, and others... on top, they add the catch up payments, so you ending paying about 50% extra a month... remember, no job).

Then, I when back to full time at the end of 2006, but I was behind payments so now, no more negotiations, even though I have a good salary and I am willing to abide to their requirements. The problem is that they refuse to negotiate. In the meantime, they tell you that they are "checking" the requirements when in reality they were planning the foreclosure. As a result, I have a foreclosure date of December 4, 2007 given to the North Texas Housing Coalition on November 9 (Christmas present!).

I don't understand why they don't want to negotiate (well, kind of, the balance of the house is $90K, the market value is $150K, 11 years at 10% ARM, they already got the money for this house, so they don't care about foreclosure, makes sense). Yes, my credit report shows $0 balance and probably it will screw up my credit as soon as they insert the "foreclosure" on it.

I wish they could be more open to talk, at least now that I have a full time. They could answer the calls and tell you and don't play the game that they are "checking" when in reality they are proceeding with the foreclosure. Bad deal GMAC/Homecomings Financial. Not for Texans. No more.

• Ed
    Ed Lambdin Jul 22, 2016

I made payment under Repayment Plan one day after the ten day grace period via Western Union Quick Collect on May 31, '07. Homecomings returned payment to Western Union June 3, summarily had their foreclosure trustee hold sale June 6, I was not advised that they were returning payment until the end of June, they kept sending me repayment plan worksheets, telling me that the property was not being sold (after they bought it at the sale!), calls to their Foreclosure trustee confirmed that no sale was scheduled before and after it was sold. Both firms lied for months, I finally got suspicious and confirmed that it had been sold despite having my payment in their hands! When I set the failed Repayment Plan up months before, they attempted to charge me thousands in attorney and foreclosure fees that exceeded the statutory limitations set forth in California Code. When I pointed this out to them they quickly removed all charges, but anyone who doesn't read the fine print in the code is fresh meat for Homecomings game and I'm sure they've made millions bilking people with their repayment plans, then SNEAKING in an unannounced foreclosure sale, recovering the property (that was the last thing they wanted to do, they wanted to "work things out"). They sent me repayment plans and contacted me after the sale in June until October. They acted like no sale had occurred, even when I informed them that it had and that a Repayment Plan was not an option, they said they could still do it! They were just trying to see if I'd be stupid enough to send them more money and still wind up with nothing. They will be serving eviction papers any day now, but I'm going to continue to fight. If you did a plan with them but had to pay attorney's fees pursuant to foreclosure for the privilege, make sure that what you paid was legal. I can tell you what applies in CA and most states have their codes posted on the Web. I'd be glad to lend support to any legal action against these pirates.

• Bi
    biibi May 09, 2015

Does somebody knows what is the name of the insurance company that homecoming use ?

• Do
    doberman-guy Feb 01, 2012

I have lost my home because of them in 2004, but have no idea where to turn. Could someone please offer information on a lawyer or law firm against these crooks Email to [email protected] thanks

• Ti
    timndd1 Jan 31, 2012

We are definately interested in a lawsuit against Homecomings. they forced insurance on us, did not pay our original insurance (which we lost!!), property inspections that were never done, lost monies of which we have proof and money simply taken out of our account.

Timothy and Dolores Wallace [email protected]

• Do
    doberman-guy Apr 17, 2011

Has anyone found out any information on whats going on with this company? I had the same problems as listed and lost my home. please e-mail me at [email protected]

• Fa
    Famied77 Mar 23, 2011

I have read reports and complaints all over the web. I have filed reports with my states attorney general. I have talked to several legal advisers. Yet no one wants to put a stop to these crooks and their unethical, predatory lending and shady dealings.

I have been dealing with them for almost 6 years and have been foreclosed on twice...or they tried to forclose.

The only way to stop them was to go into a chapter 13 while trying to resolve the problems.

I have sent them thousands of dollars besides my monthly payments. They have ruined my credit so I cannot refinance and get away from them. They add rediculous charges to my account.

So I figured I would sell out...well I get a letter from them and they are asking for over $8, 000.00 more for our payoff...well I am back to where I started 6 years ago and thousands of dollars ago.

Stay away from Homecomings Financial they are SHARKS out to rip you off and you will always lose, because everyones afraid of them!

I have 2 files of documentation on this company and proof of everything I am claiming.

• Li
    LIZ9ARD68 Mar 05, 2011

I am in the same boat. My mother's house was foreclosed in october 2010, the real estate agent is not cooperating and refuses to help me purchase the house back before the eviction occurs. I contacted homecomings/gmac and they act as if they just don't care. I have tried for 3 months to get some HELP but oh nooooo!!! I had til friday march 4th, 2011 and still no help my mother is elderly and has been in her house 30+ years what do I do. I have contacted some of everyone at homecomings/gmac and they say to call the real estate agent and she refused to answer the phone plus she will only TEXT you which I think is soo unprofessional and now she refuses to text back . I personally think she has someone inline to buy the house at a dirt cheap price. We should have first dibs at purchasing the house. But what does one dooo! I am at an aw so what do i tell my mother. Thewrit for eviction is set to be sent ou Monday March 7, 2011. PLEASE HELP ME!!! anyone that can help please call me at [protected] or email me at [email protected]

Joanna Abbott Feb 03, 2011

I lost my house last year. I tried and tried to keep things going and amazingly they never received my information when I faxed it in or mailed it in. Never had a clue they didn't have my paperwork until one day a guy knocks on my door and said my house was sold on the court house steps and he owned it. I had to move.

• Mh
    mhopkins Oct 09, 2010

Count me in also. My story is the same as all of yours. Not sure after reading all of this if I should even try and save my place. My home is scheduled for aution on monday. I had a representative to contact by phone...tried calling him yesterday and the phone is temporarily disconnected. Go figure!

Matt

[email protected]

• We
    WEDNESDAY11 Oct 06, 2010

Thanks, he was a big help.

• We
    WEDNESDAY11 Oct 06, 2010

Thanks for the advice, he has really helped me and my family.

• Na
    nanascraps Jun 22, 2010

My story sounds the same here...please count me in for law suit

• 56
    562annette Jan 21, 2010

I found myself in a bad situation after becoming ill n lossing my business
    I filed bk but was still able to make payments with contributions from family members etc...
    I requested a loan modifaction which I was told by homecomings that they were in process
    but I was warned it might just be BAD timing because it takes 45 days to process modifacations
    and at time their MOD dept was backed up
    I was told many times I had nothing to worry about and to my suprise bank sold home for some
    outrageous price of less than $135, 000 to an investor
    So much for working with me to keep home
    I was made to leave within 6 week or I risked being taken to court

• Pe
    peter Conti Dec 24, 2009

Homecomings bought my loan. I never wanted to do business with them They are heartless liars. I worked with the New York Baking Commission and they were useless, too. they warned them after I caught them stealing from me twice. The Commission must be in their pocket too. I despise these people. They have aged me and made what should have been a joyous time in my life--buying my first home--miserable. The government doesn't care. Hopefully they'll all rot in hell someday.

Peter Conti

• Pa
    Pamela Steward Dec 09, 2009

This company is the worse! My mom's mortgage was sold to them back in 2003 and by 2005 after going through all of Homecomings BULL SH?T from them claiming she had no insurance while she had been a AAA customer for over 40 years!!! to their ridiculous interest rate! Well I'd just about ha it with them and decided to piss them off since they seem to be so good at pissing us - the customers off. I had her file BK (bankruptcy) being that I am employed at a BK firm. What pissed them off was I had her file a day before the foreclosure sale and had my brother purchase the house from her while she was in BK. HomeComings showed up at her door asking why was she still in the home, I happened to be there, and said to them, " Obviously you don't communicate with whoever you work for" Afterwards I informed him that she filed for BK. He asked for proof and I told him to call his office. I have to admit it felt so good doing that. My mom said at her age she didn't mind filing for BK as she hadn't planned on buying another home, care etc. Please email me if you have further questions about this DUMB company!
    [email protected]

• Mi
    Mike Hanes Aug 05, 2009

mortgage payments made on time by mail to this servicer are not credited to the account until after the late date.

this has forced me to send all monthly payments by CERTIFIED MAIL. (SIX BUCKS A MONTH EXTRA)

other customers (including my next door neighbor) have suffered forclosure as a result of their practices.

if paying by mail, use CERTIFIED MAIL. be sure to KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS!

• Al
    alabamaguy Jul 31, 2009

I am having the same issues regarding the Obama Plan. i sent in my paperwork for the first time in April, and they have FIVE TIMES told me they "didn't get the fax" and "didn't receive the package" I mailed. And good luck finding the same person you spoke with last time you called. They will all tell you something different. And I am STILL being told that they are 'working on my account." This has been 5 months now. In the 5 years I have worked with them, my payments have gone from $665 a month to $1200 a month. REALLY??? Come on!!!

They say they will work with you, but they are not. And aren't they required by law to comply with the MHA plan? They don't seem to be cooperating with the government at all...

• Co
    Complainant6547796 Jul 30, 2009

I would love to be added to the Class Action Suit. These people fraudulently advised my insurance company that my home was vacant, so the insurance company cancelled the policy. Now no insurance company will touch the home, and it is uninsurable, so that Homecoming can tack on single interesty insurance coverage. They did the same thing another poster claimed, hanging on to insurance check, refusing to endorse. These people are slime of the lowest form, un-ethical cheats. Please contact me at [email protected] regarding the class action suit

• Sc
    ScoobyRox Jul 15, 2009

I purchased an investment property ( my only one), and Homecomings has made this experience a complete nightmare. When I called customer service, I was "on hold" for nearly an hour EVERY time. I took off THREE DAYS of work just to try and talk to a live Homecomings clown. Their m/o, however, is to give me the runaround for five minutes of live conversation, then offer to "transfer" me to someone who can help me. The "transfer" is actually the big clickeroo/hangup. This has happened EVERY time I have been able to reach a live Homecomings clown. The last time I talked to them, Antonio verbally abused me, called me a deadbeat, and told me I would be prosecuted if I set foot on my property again. They refused to work with me on a possible short sale, they indicated they NEVER received any of the numerous pages of paperwork I faxed to them time and time again. What a bunch of idiots. When they finally did foreclose on the property, they did not follow protocol, so I JUST found out that the property (which was foreclosed on over a year ago) is still in my name!!! Geez. The nightmare continues. My credit is shot, I owe backtaxes from the past year since it's still in my name, and I can't afford to hire an attorney. Thanks, Homecomings, for being part of the real estate downfall and economic destruction in our country.

• Ha
    hammer8321 Jul 14, 2009

Being homecomeings is only the server for your mortgage you have the right to know who the actual note holder is not the attorney trying to purchase your note as the sharks are all out there for themselves!!!I was orginally financed thru them back in 1996 went into chapter 13 and THEY got ALL there money and some, refinanced with another co. with now is bought by BAC., but ended up have them service a loan sold to them in 2007...!!!from a house I own in Fl. what a mess that is I have an attorney fighting that one so I dont loose it !.Good luck

reneetyson Jul 13, 2009

IF ANYONE HAD A CLASS ACTION SUIT PLEASE ADD ME IN I CAN BE CONTACTED AT [email protected]

• Er
    ering Jul 08, 2009

On Friday, July 3 2009 I was shocked to find a 3 day Notice to Quit on my front door from some investment company (TTR Investments of San Juan Capistrano, CA?). Yes, I was in default with Homecomings from 2008, but in February 2009 I entered a "Foreclosure Repayment Agreement" with Homecomings to stop the auction sale of my home and to "qualify me for a Loan Modification." That is, I was told at the time (Feb 09) that Homecomings would not even consider my Loan Modification request unless and until I made 3 monthly "stop gap" payments to them in a row of $5000, $2423 and $2423. I did! I was told only then could I petition them for a loan mod. So in May 09 I contacted Homecomings and they agreed I was now eligible to submit for a loan modification. I did not have a fax so I asked them to mail me their "Loan Mod Package." Homecomings did. I received the package in the mail at the end of May 2009 - essentially 16 pages to fill out and instructions to follow (8 double sided). Around mid June, I started receiving notices that GMAC was now officially taking over Homecomings (yes I know GMAC always owned them) but was now being given all new addresses, phone numbers etc. I made repeated calls to their workout numbers that I used in the past to get clarification on exactly where I was to return their complete Loan Mod package as I was quite aware of mortgage companies frequently claiming they "never got the fax" or "the mailing." I was repeatedly on hold (for hours) or the line dropped. So I was also complying with everything Homecomings wanted me to do to modify my mortgage. On June 25th I receive in the mail a letter from Homecomings dated June 22 2009 basically asking me how I was coming with the Loan Mod package; if I needed any help completing it; and that they were continuing to service my loans (a 1st and 2nd). So hen I called Homecomings to see if the 3 day Notice to Quit was a joke/scam by some third party, I was told that indeed they had sold my home at public auction. But get this.. They sold my home on June 19th - 3 days before the date of their letter to me which acknowledged we were, in good faith, working on a loan modification and that they still had my loan! Ok I have gone on more then you care to read already... But let me close with I suspect there was sold illegal fraud/collusion in the sale of my home. Typical in a public auction is the lender asking for what is owed on the home ($732k). They apparently didn't. RE agents estimated the current market value to be about $550k. So did homecomings go to auction asking for that?? NO. Perhaps a firesale $50k less or so??? NO! I was told my home sold for $304k. That is $428k less then what was owed! And at least $246k below current market! (And my home is in cherry, newly remodeled, condition!) Why would Homecomings got to auction almost a quarter million dollars under market??? Why wouldn't they dip their toes in at $500k? $450k?? $400k??? Something is horrible wrong here and I smell and "short sale" type of collusion... a kickback... between investors and someone on the inside at GMAC? Who there would set a sale price so rediculously low and sneak behind the homeowner's back a quick sale with not additional notice when negotiating in good faith???

• Je
    jennyofga Jul 08, 2009

I worked with homecomings financial on the new Obama afforable housing plan, which is supposed to help rework your mortgage so you can keep your house if its in foreclosure. They told me to send in 2100.00 and my last tax returns. They said this would stop the foreclosure, which was yesterday, for at least 3 months while they reviewed my case. I sent in my money by the date they gave me and my returns. However, I find out yesterday my home was sold at the court house yesterday.

• Ge
    GeanD Jun 16, 2009

you really should get the help of a pro. I used a guy that seems to have some influence with homecomings cause i had similar issues. He got results for me and that is all i cared about. his name is Jacob Adams with American Lmg. [protected] good luck to you. P.S. he is very flexible on his pricing. he seems to have more desire for helping people than taking the money. i talked him down $400 off his quoted price and then i decided if he did a good job i would give it to him. Well he got his $400.00 Guys like him deserve to get paid for the help and service they actually provide. He's honest and he is a good christian guy.

• Pa
    Pam Jun 13, 2009

I fell behind due to illness and I did a loan modification and homecomings said the only way to pay is to get a sertified check then over night the payment. So every time I get a check it costs $3.00 then every time I over night the payment it costs $30.00 which doesn't seem like a lot but the last four months Homecomings keeps sending my check back to the bank.

When I finaly do get through to a rep they look at my account and ask me why I'm late and I have to explain myself every time! Then they say well we don't see where you had made a payment. Ugh what should I do?

• Br
    Broddy Jun 13, 2009

I have sent certified letters, emails, and phone calls trying to get help with loan modification. They never responded and they just kept sending me from representative to representative. I requested not to have my insurance escrowed and was told I have to have my mortgage for 24 months. I sent back stating that I have had my mortgage for 36 months. The apologized told me what to do and then when I do it I get a letter saying I cant do it because it is not a provision in my loan. I hate this company and I can't get anyone else to finance because of the LTV and the housing appraisal issues. If I could I would and if I didn't care so much about the credit score I worked so hard to get and keep I would let the house go into foreclosure and keep my money in my pocket.

angela May 31, 2009

We lost our home to homecomings financial. They increased our mortgage and we could not afford it. We tried to do a modification but got the run around. We were told we were three months behind but we were only two months behind and that was because they sent back our last payment. We were foreclosed on last Sept. we were missled and talked to and sent letters for help to everyone under the sun at homecomings. We are interested in class action suit.

email: [email protected]

• Na
    n/a May 30, 2009

Homecomings Financial it’s another American garbage company. Take them down.

• De
    Deltona, FL May 27, 2009

I had Homecomings until I had to file chapter 13 to keep my home from going into Foreclosure. My husband lost his job and I explained that to them and they told me not to worry that everything was ok. Another month went by and I explained once again that my husband was still unemployed. They told me again not to worry. I sent 1/2 the mortgage. I asked to get help and they sent us some forms to fill out. I filled out these forms on three occassions. Then they tell me it was to late and there was nothing they could do but foreclose on the home. So, in order to save my home, I filed chapter 13. They say they want to help but end up doing absolutely nothing.

• Bb
    bbates118 May 21, 2009

I have been trying for a month to get our prepayment penalty charge reimbursed!! I have provided them with EVERYTHING they have asked for...more than one time, claimed they never got it! I have a supervisor on the file and have not heard from him the day I spoke to him. Tried to get a hold of him at his extension and it disconnects!! I would be interested in this class action suit too! Everytime I talk to someone I have to go back to the very beginning and each person tells me something different. I am now supposedly waiting for the supervisor to CALL ME, yeah right!! Please email me. [email protected]

• To
    Tori Gamulo May 19, 2009

Join a Class Action Suit! Look up Wolfpopper in NY. Leave your complaints and explain in detail to them and they will contact you.

• Ts
    tskrodzki May 13, 2009

This is incredibal, I too am finding this company to be a fraud, I just reviewed my 24 month history and finding that every year they have been taking an extra $754 out with a description of %$%%nsb%$%% noone in the office can tell me what it is nor why it's being deducted from my escrow account. I have never missed a payment or escrow payment but some how they say I am $2400 behind in my escrow account. SCAM SCAM SCAM

I am very interested in a class action suit
    please email me at [email protected] when there is more information

• Lo
    Lori T Apr 28, 2009

Well I have a doozy! Try my client was in a repayment plan & they sold the property out from under him! Can anyone beat that one? It was clearly their fault & the Trustee Co even confirmed the Sale Date was put on hold & never notified me verbally not one time the Sale Date was for 4/15! The client never got the certified notification by mail at all or anything! Now he is suing them! He is getting harrassed by the person who bought the house & is going to all his neighbors trying to tell them to make the owner leave! Its really a sad situation! I sure hope something is done soon!