Home Warranty of America (HWA)air conditioning unit

J

On july 24, my a/c unit broke. This is louisiana, in the middle of a hot summer. I called hwa and explained the problem. They sent the company they contract with to the house. The motor in the unit was burnt up. The service guy told me he wasn't sure if hwa would repair or replace the entire unit, because the cost wasn't much different.

I have talked to this company for weeks now, and all I get is the run around. Everyone I speak to is always so very sorry this has happened to me, etc... But all they seem to want to do is blame purchasing, the warehouse, the person who is authorizing this claim. Nobody wants to accept responsibility for this and fix the issue.

I'm sick and tired of the lies and all the run around. What I think they want me to do is just get tired of all this rigmarole and purchase a new unit so they won't have to do anything.

It is now august 18. On monday afternoon of this week, jessica called. She told me she was the one authorizing this claim and that she would see that something was done. They had the motor and was just waiting on one more part from the company. That should only take 2-3 days. Today is friday and I just got off the phone with them. The person who talked to me was sheila and she says that jessica can't do any more than she can do. She informed me the part for my a/c unit had just been ordered!!! I asked to speak to the supervisor and all I got was an answering machine.

I'm ready to explode.