Hollister CODiscrimination

F

Good Afternoon .. I am loyal consumer of Hollister clothing. I live in Miami Florida. On Saturday April 30, 2011. Visit as always Hollister Co. store located in the International Mall, Miami International Mall and is visited by many tourists speaking Spanish, and many who live here speak little English, but we're CLOTHING HOLLISTER .. MY COMPLAINT IS AS FOLLOWS:
STORE [protected] NW 107 AVE MIAMI FL 33172) REG.003 TRANS.8873 DATE :[protected]:24 CASHIER: [protected] AMOUNT OF SALE: $ 105.90

I walk the store and take 12 pieces of clothing. When facing the cashier noticed that some prices were not correct, I try to communicate with that person and did not understand what I was saying. I asked him if I had someone who could help and another person who was behind the cashier called Milva Rodriguez turned out to be the manager of the store ... Milva Rodriguez said in Spanish lenguanje NOT HERE NO ONE TO SPEAK SPANISH SO THAT WE IN AMERICA. He turned around and left the place.

QUESTION
ME BECAUSE I SPEAK IN SPANISH AND GAVE NO HELP ME?
I DO NOT HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS FOR NOT SPEAK ENGLISH?
YOUR BRAND IS IN ALL COUNTRIES, AMERICAN OR IS THAT JUST FOR PEOPLE WHO SPEAK THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE?

I felt pretty DISAPPOINTED BY YOU.

• Go
    GoldOpals Opals May 02, 2011

Ok, I thought that he may have been trying to tell, in bad Spanish, that no one was there who had the ability to help you

• Fr
    Frank1967 May 02, 2011

Mr. Rodriguez never was friendly .. For Spanish language answered me saying WE DO NOT SPEAK SPANISH IN AMERICA(ESTAMOS EN AMERICA NO HABLAMOS ESPANOL) and left the place ... was rude on your part

• Go
    GoldOpals Opals May 02, 2011

Is it official policy that ALL employees must speak botb English and Spanish to work at that store? Did the manager mean to be rude, or was he actually trying to be helpful by telling you that no one in the store could speak Spanish well?

• Br
    br555 May 02, 2011

Speak english

• Mi
    midge87 Jul 29, 2010

More than likely they were checking to see if you were trying to steal stuff via the fitting room (happens a lot, in just about any clothing retailer). You could have said no. I realize it seems like an invasion but they'd rather be safe than sorry.
    Really, in cases like this I have to side with the store, too many people get away with stealing so they /have/ to be this careful. The bad apples spoiled the shopping experience for the rest of the bunch.

• Yo
    Yoyoma Jul 29, 2010

True but in Dearborn, Michigan, my first experience with Hollister was that the lady at the changeroom made me open my tiny purse and dug through it. At the time I did not know that it was a violation of my privacy and it seemed like quite a discriminatory act based on my background. Since that day, I was appalled and have never bought anything from Hollister.

• Mi
    midge87 Jun 10, 2010

While it's a pain in the ### I'm wondering if the sales person thought you were younger and were trying to steal something. I wouldn't take your race into this as every Hollister I've been to has been a melting pot, mainly asians really.
    The sales clerks are trained that they have to follow anyone that meanders in the store too long, looks like a teen, or just keeps carrying stuff around while sticking in the back rooms. I've been watched while shopping around but I understand where they're coming from. It's a dark store that has many hiding places, they get stolen from A LOT, so they need to be cautious. Yeah, it is a sucky feeling for those of not doing anything wrong but the old adage "Better safe than sorry" rings true in that buisness.

• Du
    Durand Jun 08, 2010

If something like that ever happens again, just turn to them and say "Can I help you with something?".

Let them know that you see them and what they are doing. If they play innocent and pretend to not know what you are talking about then ask them why they are following you around the store.

Then speak to the manager and tell her how insulting it is. Make sure to send an email or letter to everyone at corporate.

I used to work at a pharmacy where the owner wanted us to do this type of thing. I didn't last long there because I refused to do it.

• As
    Asika Jun 08, 2010

I am a 21 year old asian female and I love to shop at hollister for the clothes and usually friendly service until I came to shop at the Hollister Co. in downtown, San Francisco at Westfield Mall. I came in yesterday, May 24, 2010 in the afternoon around 5 o'clock, everything was going well until this one chick decides to start following me, she isnt slick at all. She was breathing down my neck off of everything i was looking at. She followed me around in every section of the store. Is this a way to treat your customers? Company description says that the company focuses on teen clothing, I must have missed the part that said WHITE PEOPLE only because there were plenty of white people shopping around but i didnt see her following them around like dogs! I find her very discriminating and racist! I make more than enough money to pay her by the hour so she really needs to work on her customer service. I will not be going there any longer and i will make sure to it that everyone i know that goes there wont be going there either