HMSHost - Store ID: TPACCE01service at columbia cafe, tampa international airport

M Nov 08, 2018

Last Sunday, November 4, 2018 at approximately 10:00 a.m. I stopped by the Columbia Cafe, self service area to purchase a diet coke. No one was at the cash register so I waited for a few minutes. Another customer was also standing there and he said to me "You might want to go into the restaurant as you may be waiting for quite awhile". I went in and there were a number of servers standing by the pick-up window. I said to one of them, I need to pay for this Diet Coke. She asked another young woman (according to receipt the #270103 precedes the name Natasha) to help me. I was shocked at how rude she was. She informed me that she was waiting for a rush order, and acted like I was causing her a major inconvenience. Throughout the entire transaction she was rude and dismissive. I could just have easily taken the diet coke and walked away. However, I would never do that. Instead of being appreciated for my honesty, I feel like I was treated like an annoying customer who was intruding on this young woman's day. You can bet I will never stop at a Columbia Cafe again. Perhaps this young server could use some training in customer service.
Margo Bird