Complaints & Reviews

Hewlett Packard Pavillion Dv600faulty motherboard

I have had a similar problem with my Hewlett Packard DV6000. It had to be fixed soon after I bought it. The third time it went for repair they installed a new motherboard. That was just over a year ago. I have now had exactly the same problem again, even though I do not use the machine very often. Lots of people report the same fault: a blank screen, one long and 2 short beeps. They want in excess of £200 to fix it (i.e. install a new motherboard) as it is now out of warranty. Their customer service team are fully aware of the fault. This machine is less than 3 years old and I spent over £800. It is criminal. Do not buy any thing HP. I won’t. They deserve to go the way of Amstrad. Into oblivion.

Hewlett Packard Pavillion Desktoprepair/customer service

My wife and I replaced a 6 year old Dell desktop last August (2008) with an HP Pavillion a6500 desktop that we purchased at Best Buy. For the first 11.5 months the computer worked fine until two weeks before the warranty expired. Upon bootup the computer froze and wouldn't respond. I called the HP Service Center and spoke with an agent who, in an incomprehensible accent, tried to walk me through (over the phone I might add) the steps needed to take out and reinstall the memory cards. I tried, but nothing helped. He arranged for "the Box" to be sent from HP via FEDEX so I could return it to the service center. The computer went out on a Wednesday and was back by Saturday...it worked. For about three weeks. I called HP again when the PC wouldn't boot beyond a black screen and spent roughly 90 minutes on the phone with another agent who had another heavy accent. I explained the problem and was told my computer's warranty had expired. So, I purchased the HP Extended Warranty for 108.00 and was told a box would be sent again so I could return the computer. Two days went by and I still hadn't received a box. I called HP again and spoke with an agent who looked up my information. He said HP had to wait another 48 hours until the extended warranty was processed and then I could call back to place an order for the box. My internal thermostat was rising, but I followed protocol and called back. During this third phone call I had to explain the problem all over again to another barely comprehensible customer service rep. Finally, a box arrived via FEDEX and my new best friend Eric the driver. I shipped the tower back to HP and waited 7 days for it to arrive. No luck. I called back and spoke with my case manager Mary who told me a part was backordered, but the computer would be repaired and returned as soon as the part arrived. A total of 15 days passed and Eric showed up at my door with the "repaired" tower. HP told m the motherboard was defective and was replaced. The computer was up and running again...for three weeks. Last night, November 22, the computer wouldn't boot up. My internal thermostat exploded. I called HP again and spoke with another foreign customer service agent. I expressed my displeasure and requested a replacement computer of equal or higher value. He assured me the case would be forwarded to a case manager and requested a time when the CM could call me. I requested 4pm on Monday 11/23. While at work on Monday I checked my e-mail and found a message from Gordon, my CM who had been trying to contact me at home. Mind you, it was 9am...not 4 or even 3 pm. During a break at work I called Gordon and was simply happy to find that he spoke English well. I explained the latest problem, how this was the third time in a 6 week period that my computer was not working, and requested a replacement computer. He said, "under your extended warranty coverage you are eligible for a repair, but HP doesn't replace computer when one part is defective."
    I went round and round with him for 20 minutes to no avail. His last response was "I am sorry sir, but this is the option you have." So now, I am waiting for Eric from FEDEX to show up for the 5th time in 6 weeks to hand me a box so I can ship out a lemon to some unknown warehouse, wait 5-7 business days, and hope that it is finally repaired. And I do this while typing on a 7 year old Dell Dimension. I would simply like a replacement computer from HP, one that functions properly and doesn't require more facetime with FEDEX delivery guys. Are there any other steps I can take to rectify this problem?

• Re
        RestlessHeart Nov 23, 2009

Good luck...I had the same exact problem with a DELL desk top in 2007. I wouldnt hold my breath waiting on them to make good on their own damn promises

Hp - Hewlett - Packardservice center repair fraud

HP Customer Relations Management

I sent my new laptop computer in to fix a problem with the cooling fan and am now being asked to pay $300 to repair damage that clearly happened in transit to HP Repair Center or in their facility. HP has no system in place to deal with customer complaints and have made it very difficult if not impossible to reach a supervisor or anyone in authority that can help resolve a dispute. I like the computer, but I will be going back to a Dell next time as this experience was absolutely unacceptable.

Bernie B.
      Charleston SC

service center repair fraud

Hp Netbook 115nnot connecting to internet

HP net book was purchased for me . Since may i have been very happy with it, then all of a sudden it stopped connecting to the internet, even when it said it is connected. tried very many reliable connections even in own home i did everything the help references told me nothing ; then i called Hp they told me it would take 3 hours to fix it from their place and it WOULD COST ME 139 DOLLARS!!! . THEY EXPLAINED IT WAS A SOFTWARE PROBLEM AND THAT IT WAS MY FAULT!!! . I KNOW THAT DANG THING COST 300 BUCKS . never again will I purchase an HP product with this kind of scam going on . i will now save up and purchase mac products . HP BLOWS !!!

• Em
            Emblems123 Dec 08, 2009

bring to a neighborhood kid, he'll fix it in 10 mins. HP has no control over what buttons YOU push and mess with the settings.

Hp / Mini Netbookproduct failure

I purchased a HP mini netbook from the HH Gregg in Chattanooga Tennessee at Shallowford Rd. Having only had it 5 weeks the screen suddenly kept going in and out. Then all of a sudden certain keys would not work.
          I packed up the HP with the original box and packing, sales invoice, etc and walked into the store. I got about 4 or 5 steps into the store and a gentlemen with a tie dressed nicely meeted (or rather stopped) me at that point. I was probably 4 to 5 feet from the entry door going inside. He so called "greeted" me and said, "What seems to be the problem"? Not, can I help you? After realizing he was the assistant manager, by his tag, I asked politely if I could explain the problem. He said sure. As I was explaining, he looked off in about 2 or 3 different directions and STOPPED ME BEFORE I GOT THE FIRST SENTENCE COMPLETE! He asked, "Did you buy the extended warranty?" I said no, it was almost 3/4 of the price of the mini. He said, "Well I can't help you then and walked off. I immediately replied, " That is not what your salesman said when I was looking for one!! I do remember now that when I bought it, the salesman ringing it up kept interupting me as I was asking him questions about the product. The interuptions were like, "Are you sure you don't want the extended warranty? I had a lady that brought one in soaking wet and I could replace it because of the warranty. I explained to him that if I had enough sense to know my mini had been saturated by water, I would have it fixed on my time and money.
          It is evident that these salespeople are just the average used car salesman except they are taking it a bit further with new products. I have told my family about HH Gregg and I should have listed to a close confidant when I was told to by it at WAL MART. Low and behold, they would have replaced it right then and there. CHECK YOUR COMPLAINTS ON LINE FOLKS !!! WE HAVE TO TAKE A STAND!!

Hp 2133 Minidefective main board

I purchased a HP 2133 Mini note book computer shortly after they went up for sale. I rarely used it because I bought it when I needed to fly. Now the computer will not boot up. No hard drive activity, black monitor, no Wi-Fi light. It is dead. I check on the HP site for possible solutions. Followed all of their suggestions. Reinstalled the original 1GB memory unit (I ordered a 2GB upgrade). Even bought a new hard drive. Still no boot. Did a little message board searching and found out that this is a common problem with this computer. Contacted HP who suggested I send it in for an inspection (for a $25 fee). I believe that HP owes it to it's customers to repair these paper weight at no charge.

This is a link to the HP boards and others who have made complaints: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=Hardware&message.id=18219#M18219

• 21
                2133_sux Oct 30, 2009

It's definitely a defective product. After suffering through the appalling HP customer "support" process (which is clearly designed to be as vague, confusing and unhelpful as possible) I finally had a technician visit me to repair the almost new 2133. The solution: replace the motherboard. The technician didn't even bother to ask me what had happened, as soon as he knew it was a 2133 he knew what the problem was, and what part needed to be replaced. HP clearly rushed a faulty product to market. I bought a product at the very high end of the netbook market because I wanted a robust machine - unfortunately the 2133 turned out to be a lemon. Luckily my 2133 motherboard meltdown occurred while the product was still under warranty, AND I was pig-headed enough to stick with HP's support process until it was repaired.

• Fr
                froggedyann Nov 23, 2009

2133_sux, lucky you that your unit broke down before the end of the warranty period...my warranty expired in october and now my unit broke down last thursday...what pisses me off as well is that i just finished my 12th month installment payment in september and now the computer is totally useless...i am so disappointed with hp...to think that i chose it believing it was the better brand...i had 2 technicians check it and they both said that its the motherboard that's not functioning...and replacing it would cost me half of what i paid for the original price of the unit...they also said that they have several similar complaints as mine...my husband brought it to hp service center here in my country and they said we have to pay P1, 200 (about $26) just to have it checked out...talk about after sales services...

• Wa
                wafay Dec 05, 2009

i have the same issue too, the warranty is over and the computer is dead, no help from hp since they want to charge more for their defective device, they should make a recall on the product because it is garbage after all, and give us our money back, they made us all disappointment.

• To
                TomAustralia Dec 06, 2009

I purchased 2 HP 2133's in September 2008. One of which the mainboard died several months into the warranty. It was replaced under warranty by HP and I later sold it.

Recently the 2nd laptop's mainboard has malfunctioned. The warranty expired September 2009 so I can't have it replaced.
                Each laptop cost about $600 but HP want to charge $1070 for a replacement mainboard because it is out of warranty.

How is this simply not corrupt and unethical behaviour on HP's part?
                Disgusted!

• Mp
                MPOWER1 Dec 15, 2009

I had the same problem and my motherboard changed as yours. I am an IT professional and I am saying that this problem is because of VISTA comedy operating system. Because it warming the machine up like hell and melting down the motherboards transistor. So I turned it to WINDOWS 7 and the problem is gone. The heat is normal level now. I am NOT RECOMMENDING VISTA "COMEDY" OPERATING SYSTEM TO ANYONE OR ANY MACHINE... SO THE WORST DOUBLE IS : HP + VISTA. KEEP AWAY YOURSELF FROM THIS DOUBLE.

HPsupport and or lack of support

What I hate is companies trying to pigeon hold you on things. I am not a novice and a computer consultant. I am A+ Certified and Network Certified. One thing I hate about their software is the lack of application CDs to be present separately from the machine. So you have no choice to always go back to Factory Installation (especially after an upgrade of OS which are happening with customers are we speak).

I am one of the few that hated Vista and wanted to upgrade to Windows 7 as soon as it comes out. What is amazing is that HP defines Windows 7 of their brand and Windows 7 that comes from Microsoft as being DIFFERENT OS (even if both are Ultimate and 64 bit). But what was determined is that

1) I can't do a clean installation from Windows Vista to Ultimate because the application CDs that come with my machine is bundled into the recovery Disk (that you have to create for the machine BTW) though most white pages would recommend that since I am going from Vista Home Premium 64 bit to Vista Ultimate 64 bit

2) They will not support you the OS present because Windows 7 unless you purchase the upgrade kit from them. Also, I have determined the upgrade is not available for consumers to purchase because their requirement is the purchase of your machine has to be 6/29/09 to 1/30/10. So you still have to purchase the OS separately

4) They will not provide any application CDs to install the HP software. In other words, read # 1

So talking with HP Support for 3 days and over 9 hours of call (let alone the wait and disconnection).

The support personnel clearly stated that since you installed your own Windows 7, we can't support you and it changes the warranty and support agreement. In other words, you can't upgrade for them troubleshoot. Also, even if you find the bug of their software, they disregard it as being your own issue. And they won't provide the full application software to validate if the issue is really their software. They just assume it is your OS issue and they do not check to see if it really is. I even troubleshooted myself with hours of installation and confirming that after the upgrade, the HP SmartMedia DVD failed to work (sees the Blu-Ray or DVD) but won't play it. I asked for a full version and let me install it to verify it is my own upgrade issue but they do not have any. Also, on they only provide updates and not the full version so you can't troubleshoot in any sense. So again, it FORCES YOU TO STICK WITH THE OS YOU HAVE... Amazing..

NEVER AGAIN will I recommend their computers...

• La
                  Laus Oct 30, 2009

If you are A+ and network certified as you claim, why should you even need there tech support? They don't have to support anything you put on your computer. I'm using an HP laptop right now with linux installed on it and I'm pretty sure they don't support that.

HPrepair center

I sent a notebook in to HP's repair center for a loose mousepad key, which should've been covered under warranty. After receiving the laptop, HP called me to say the notebook was damaged and that it cannot be covered under warranty, but that they would fix it for $322. I told them not to fix it and to send the laptop back, as is. Well, I got the laptop back with damage that was not there before I shipped it out to them. I guess now they really can say it was damaged and I have no proof that it was not. I'm furious. I will never buy HP products again.

Hewlett Packardprinter ink

I am sick & tired of paying $15-$20 for a simple black ink cartridge for my computer's printer every couple of weeks. I have tried a few of the "discount" websites but most of their cartridges are of very mediocre quality. There HAS to be a company out there that makes a FINE QUALITY ink cartridge at a REASONABLE PRICE. [In my opinion, a "reasonable" price would be about $2 a piece. The ink is worth pennies...and the plastic assembly about $1.00...so $2.00 should be about what they should sell for] - This marketing situation is similar to the razor-and-blade gimmick that Gillette started many years ago: sell the razor for practically nothing...but charge 10 times what the blades are worth.

Has anyone found a "generic" brand that is the equivalent of HP?

Hp Wiano J. Slack — why I havent never recieve any pay?

I had become a five stare in two weeks or so with this web sit and never recieve any pay. Why?

Hp Printersprinters won't work without all ink

HP printers, and maybe even others of which I am unaware, made the printers to become disfunctional if one of the inks need to be replaced. You cannot even print in black ink if any of the colors are out. I just now tried to scan something and that will not work either if any of the inks need to be replaced. I am happy with the all-in-one printer as far as it working without a problem since I have had it, but this ink situation is the same as extortion. This is out-and-out robbery and greed, and I think it should be stopped. I think someone needs to sue them until it is corrected. I also once had to return an ink cartridge cause it said it was out of ink after a very short period of use. Thank God Office Depot allowed me to return it. These companies need to be held accountable for such manipulation. Even when we get a good product, we are being scammed. Give the consumers a break.

• He
                        henning hornblower Oct 18, 2009

This is absolutely true. And Epson does the same thing. I called their consumer service people and they gave me a load of garbage about how it wrecks the print head if there is one colr that's not printing so it is a good thing that they protect you by making it not even print in black when the yellow runs out.

What's worse for Epsom is they put a chip on the ink cartridge that signals that it is out of ink and if you refill the cartridge, the chip continuess to report that it is out of ink.

• Te
                        Tenicee Oct 18, 2009

I fully agree; my HP Officejet All-in-One printer is an excellent machine, but, the ink issue has been terribly expensive. I get low ink warnings way before time. Now I've learned to ignore the warnings and get several more days printing before I actually do need to change the low/empty cartridge. No problem changing one without the other, yet.

Hp Deskjet Ink F380need my money back!

10/17/2009:
                      Went to walmart and purchased an HP Deskjet F380 Ink catridge at 3:02pm (as per receipt). The model HP Deskjet F380 is the printer I use at home and so the sales associate checked the ink catridge box and CLEARLY saw it on the box hence that was the correct ink catridge. I got home (3:30pm) only to realize that the catridge does NOT fit, indicating that it was a manufacturer's defect.

4:02pm - I returned to Walmart only to be told by a manager called Nathan that they wouldn't accept the return because it is an open box. I clearly explained to him that and showed him the evidence I had on hand indicating that the model number and what was written on the box were the same as confirmed by the sales associate and myself. This arrogant, non-professional manager called Nathan, instead of him using his common sense as a manager, only rattled they would not accept the return. I paid $30.42 for this!!! I need assistance to retrieve my money back.

Hp Desktopdeceptive practices

By definition a reputable company refunds refunds your money if you're unhappy about a transaction that took place seconds before. But by a sleight of hand an HP support person took the money and ran. "My supervisor is busy."

He kept mumbling about My Friend Support and Extended Warranty Support and what the difference was in terms of software and hardware phone help until my eyes got heavy. So in exasperation I just gave up and gave him my card number.

Now I'm minus 100 dollars, two hours of time, and problem still not resolved. I am a little surprised at this -- Maybe I'm naive but most companies I deal with have longer term views about customer relations.

HP Computercustomer service

My name is Carolyn Schaufele

My case number is:[protected]

I called HP Customer Services yesterday and spoke with Florance. She was not very polite. She had a bad attitude and could careless about the problem I was having getting the defective card replaced in my computer.

I told her that I wanted my computer fixed, because they sold the computer to me with a defective card in it, she was not very nice.

I was told that the warranty had expired on September 1, 2009. I have been trying for two months to get answers about how to get the defective card replaced. FLORANCE told me I was sent a email about the problem and she could not help me. I never received an email, and I told her that. She said the warrenty had expired and that was that. FLORANCE was rude throughout the whole conversation.

HP's customer services was of no help to me. I would like someone to fax [protected]) me information as to who I could talk to, to get help with the defective card in my computer and sold to me. HP sold me the computer with the defective card, so they should replace the card.

Sincerely,

Carolyn Schaufele

Hp Printer M1005not giving promotion free gift!

Redemption code no. - spedfwa5cx
                            I have purchased the hp m1005 laser jet printer from the hp dealer with the assurance that after filling some requirements procedure i. E. {sending the draft of rs.250 / - in favor of integrated solutions pvt ltd, nehru place, new delhi along with the photocopy of the original bill/original sticker of the product serial no and redemption code} you may get the hp promotion gift.

But I have not received any acknowledgment either from the company about my draft any the gift product since more than 6 month has elapsed. I am very fad up of this whole things and fell got cheated. But I not leave the company in this way I have full documents with me and penalized the company in the criminal and as well as consumer court.

HPcartridge refill tricks!

Caution!! Ink cartridge rip-off!

If you refill your own ink cartridges & hellip; "beware!"

Regardless, if you purchase a cheap, moderately or high priced printer... & ldquo;keep in mind” to thoroughly check out the costs of all the cartridges for that specific printer before you purchase it! If they don’t sell all the cartridges or can’t find out the costs or the availability, don’t buy it!

To trick the customer they will offer 2 & ndash; different black cartridges and 2 & ndash; different color cartridges.

The reason why they are doing this is to trick you and rip you off!!

Here’s how they are doing it & hellip;

The hp 60 black cartridge - is reasonable priced, (Around $14.00) leading you to believe that they have finally, come to their senses by lowering the price, but you cannot refill it and it runs out very quickly therefore, forcing you to buy cartridge after cartridge because, you can’t find the hp 60xl!

What they fail to disclose is in order for you to be able to refill your own cartridges you have to purchase the:

Hp 60xl black cartridge & ndash; which runs around $35.00 and very hard to find! Again, running out of ink very fast!!

Which, leads me to believe that they have made changes to the & ldquo;options” that you can select from & ldquo;draft print” (Which, use to save a lot of ink) to & ldquo;fast/economical print” that now is suspected to use the same amount of ink as the & ldquo;normal print!!?”

Hp purports and devices these types of scams, to further trick and decieve their own loyal customer base and continue to fill their deep pockets…

Which I have a problem with & hellip;.

Stand up and speak up against these companies that are obviously, stupid enough to believe that their customers will never be smart enough to figure out they are being ripped-off more now, than ever before!

• So
                                  somecallemwaffles Oct 01, 2009

HP 60 Black will give you up to 200 pages and the 60 Color will yield around 165. The 60XL Black cartridges give you about 600 pages, thats three times the pages for just over twice the price.

All in all if you use the 600 page yield statistic and buy a pack of the cheap paper from Staples you can print a black and white page of text for around seven cents. If you buy the smaller cartridge its more like eight cents. Thats not too bad for a cartridge designed for printers in the 80 to 150 dollar range.

The cost of the cartridges comes down quite a bit when you buy a nicer printer because the print head is separate from the cartridge. HPs 920 series ink is separate from the print head and the XL cartridge is cheaper and yields more than a thousand pages. With that cartridge you are paying more like three cents for a black and white print.

Hp Pavillion Dv6607nr Entertainment Notebook Pchard drive & motherboard

I purchased this computer at Best Buy on 11/22/07. About 6 months later the hard drive died and I paid for a new one. Then, on 11/27/08, the motherboard died. Naturally, the one year warranty had expired a few days earlier. I contacted HP to let them know about the problems I had encountered with this computer.
                                They wrote back: "Unfortunately you had issue with the motherboard after the warranty expired. Well, I would like to inform you that this is not the manufacturing defects, because HP provide for every product standard one year factory warranty. If it is manufacturing defect of motherboard it will appear when you purchase of this notebook with in one month."
                                I've been told that motherboards can die at any time. For the "total care" support to say it would have happened within one month of purchase was an exercise in creative customer service writing aka bull. This notebook was a big waste of money.

Hp Pavillion Notebookhp & damage & scam

I have an HP Pavillion notebook. The wireless on it failed and after some research I discovered it was recalled. I sent my otherwise absolutely immaculate notebook to HP for authorized free replacement of the motherboard. I sent it to them in the box they provided, using the packing materials they provided.
                                  I called to check the status of my repair after five days passed. I was then told that the motherboard was replaced at no charge but I would have to pay for the other necessary repairs to the "LCD Screen", hinges and bezel. They claim to have photos of the damage that was noticed while unpacking the box. I have yet to see these photos and have not received my computer back from them yet. There is NO possible way that I sent them a damaged computer, yet when they took it out of the box the bezel assembly was missing from it... WHAT???
                                  I truly believe this is a scam by HP. They replaced the known defective motherboard and then tried to scam other repairs out of me.

• Un
                                      unbelievabletreatment Sep 27, 2009

I should have mentioned the folks at HP said there was NO Damage to the box or packing material...they said it was broken when I shipped it and if it wasn't, then I should have taken photos to prove it was intact!

• Dv
                                      DV6ISSUE Oct 07, 2009

Hello,
                                      ***************PLEASE DO NOT BUY HP PAVALIION NOTEBOOK************************

I am having the similar issue, I have purchased notebook 6 months ago, mother board is replaced once and i have complained about the Screen issue (pixel is dead).

They are charing me $425.80 dollars. Since product is under warrenty but screen is not.
                                      I found out after sending my notebook back to them and i have to called them to find the status of notebook.

PLEASE pay extra $200.00 and buy any other brand

thanks,

• Em
                                      Emblems123 Dec 08, 2009

DV6, are you complaining because of ONE pixel? Many companies will not cover up to ten.

and to original poster - absolutely do not install driver updates from Microsoft - easy to do by mistake. They make wireless to never turn on.

• Bo
                                      boosted_civic_92 Mar 12, 2010

Yeah well i shipped my pavilion dv7 to hp because the letters on the keys were very hard to see. i bought it new and was only 6 months old. so i just got it back today and take it out of the box and i find that the top of the notebook has big deep scrathces directly in the middle of the outer case. as you know they are painted very nicely and now its ruined. and then upon further inspection my remote is not in the notebook or in the box. But they did put a new keyboard in it yipee, not. now that i think about it i was wondering why when i opened the box that the notebook was upside down, obviously trying to hide the scratches. So i called and they ask you the whole was the box damaged routine and theyll call me back in 2 days to get this resolved. im very dissapointed in hp, this will be my last purchase from them.

HP Pavilion Elite M9500F — multiple problems with compurer

Bought this computer last January. Problems started 3 months later. Called HP numerous times. The first said...

Waverly Hall

Hewlett Packardscam and cheating

On May 27, 2007 we purchased an HP Pavilion Notebook PC DV;it came with a full one year manufacturer's warranty; additionally, we purchased an Accidental Damage Protection Warranty for $99.99 which was supposed to cover accidental breakage & provide an emergency replacement Notebook PC; on Dec 28, 2007, the laptop stopped working; it would not power on; we purchased a new battery from HP for $300; we replaced the battery; it would still not power on; we contacted HP Customer Service on Jan 7, 2008 for help; we were told that the laptop was under warranty, both the manufacturer's warranty as well as the additional Accidental Damage Protection Warranty we purchased. We returned the laptop to HP via Federal Express to their repair center in Houston, TX, using packaging material sent to us by HP; The Federal Express office indicated that the packaging was adequate for shipment when I dropped the laptop at their Cheyenne, WY facility; when the laptop was received at HP's repair center, the display screen was broken; HP did not notify us of the damage to the laptop, nor did they make a claim against the carrier Federal Express; regradless, the damaged screen should have been covered under the Accidental Damage Protection Warranty we purchased in addition to the manufacturer's warranty; on February 5, 2008 HP demanded that we pay an additional $738 to repair the damaged screen on the laptop; we spoke to at least 3 individuals @ HP Customer Service in India, who had limited English language skills & comprehension; they showed no record of the additional warranty nor would they provide any help; I spoke to a HP Case Manager in Seattle, WA, who promised to resolve the situation & repair the laptop under warranty; the laptop was returned from HP to us on February 14, 2008, saying it was returned because we refused to pay for the repair; I again called the HP case MAnager in Seatlle, WA on February 214, 2008, & got an apology; I was again told that the computer was indeed covered under the manufacturer's warranty & the additional warranty we purchased, & it would be repared at no charge; on February 18, 2008, I again returned the laptop to HP for repair, using packaging provided by HP; the unit was sent back to the HP repair center in Houston, TX; on March 4, 2008, we received an e-mail from HP Customer Service saying, again, that we owed $738 to repair the laptop; when we questioned the HP rep, in India, with limited English skills, we were again told they HP had no record of the Accidental Damage Protection Warranty that we purchased; we were told if we did not give them a credit card number to charge the repair to the laptop wss being shipped back to us; my complaint is this: we bought his laptop in good faith, directly from Hewlett Packard; we have written confirmation that we not inly have a one year manufacturer's warranty, but we also have wrotten conformation that we purchased an additional Accidental Damage Protection Warranty, which was supposed to cover accidetal breakage; HP claims not to have any record of this warranty but we received confirmation directly from them that we purchased it; how can a International Company be allowed to charge sutomers for warranties they don't honeor? why do we have to constantly talk to people that don't understand English? its now been three months that we're trying to get this laptop fixed, & HP is going to string us out until May 27, 2008, when the warranties expire; if I stop payment on the computer I'll have my credit rating ruined.

• Sy
                                        syched1 Feb 02, 2010

My exprience could be considered twin to yours, rght don to the 740+ price quoted to fix a notebook that was obviosly dmaged by person or persons unknown at HP Houston repair and svc center.
                                        I KEPT ALL OF THE CORRESPONDENCE & emails over the past year and good notes, too. But it made no difference because the "case manager" Paula had no intention of seeing logic, being fair, reading the case file, etc. Her only purpose was to screw me and every other person who has made the HUGE mistake of buying an HP.
                                        Tthe laptop had nothing NOTHING wrong with the LCD display and no damage to the shell /casing. It was in great shape...other than hav ing a small problem actually running an OS...any OS or recover using the restore partition, recovery disks made using recovery manager, or the purchased restore disks from HP. Oh and the fact that it had twice needed the heatsink replaced, and had total hdd FAILURE, AND HAD TO HAVE THE MOTHERB OARD REPLACED, and STILL didnt work. It had been back for service 3 times, and was due for replacement unit to be sent. Instead, Paula called and out of the blue and utterly incorrectly stated that my notebook had "owner damage" and therefore not only was she not fixing it, but it was disqualified from warranty. She was so stupidly ignorant and refused to not only see that the problems with the HP were cllearly documented and ongoing, but that previously nonexsistent damage had nothing to do with the reasons the laptop was sent to them for repairs. The woman was lying. HP Customer service?? ! Ha Ha, right!I have done some reading since this occurred at Christmas and have seen so many examples of the same BS that I can not believe this is not on the news and a class action suit. The Case Manager is in receipt of well over 50 pages of documentation and supporting evidence including photos from right before I sent the HP in for that last repair and also a years worth of email back and forth with HP, plus at least one logged chat support text file.
                                        There is no doubt at all, none, that HP is doing this intentionally. I believe they break the customer's computers and void the warranty to get out of the cost of fixing or replacing the junk computers that they are putting out there on the market.
                                        syche1