Hearing PlanetLies

A

Buyers Beware: I purchased Phonak Audeo V hearing aids from the Hearing Planet for $4100.00. They came with a 45 day trial. On the 44th day I called the Hearing Planet and told them that the hearing aids that I purchased did NOT work well for me on the telephone. They suggested I try an additional piece of equipment and not to "worry" about the 45 day trial period, they wanted me to be satisfied and promised to make things right. Two weeks ago I calledHearing Planet again and told them that I was still having difficulty on the telephone and that these hearing aids and their performance was unacceptable and requested to return them. My service rep David Mathis told me to return the aids and they would credit my account.. Then 10 minutes later he called me back to inform me that I had gone over the 45 day trial and that they would not accept my return. This is the same person that told me not to worry about the 45 day trial period. He then told me that Hearing Planet had extended my trial to 60 days.. and I was over that. Now I'm stuck with $4100.00 worth of hearing aids that do not perform in my work enviroment and Hearing Planet refuses to help me. They promise to call back with a solution.. but never do. Avoid the mess I'm in.. Do not buy from the Hearing Planet.

• St
    Steven Eagon May 07, 2010

My name is Steve Eagon, VP of Sales for HearingPlanet. This gentleman originally posted this comment on another website in early April under a different name.

Within 12 hours of the original post on April 12th, the president of HearingPlanet contacted him and resolved the complaint. The consumer made the following follow-up comment afterwards:

1. Written by partsguy, on [protected]:14

Less that 12 hours ago I posted my complaint about the Hearing Planet and this morning the President of the company called me to work out a solution. I am now 100% satisfied with Hearing Planet. He listened to my issue and satisfied my issue. I regret that this issue had gone this far, but am impressed with their desire to keep their customers happy. I am a Hearing Planet customer and I plan on buying from them again in the future.

In addition, HearingPlanet's BBB rating after 10 years in business is an A+.