Healthbuy.comunauthorized charge

i had never even heard of this comany before and one day while checking my online banking, i notice there's a charge from them for $97.86!

i googled the phone number that was on the bank statement and came across numerous complaints about this company and how many people tried to call but the company never answered their phone.

i was told by my bank that i would have to contact the company and have them refund my money (which i thought was ridiculous since i had not made the order in the first place) and i thought it would be near impossible to get through on the telephone.

well, to my surprise, i was on hold for only 6 minutes and the person on the other end asked for the last 4 digits of my credit card, my name and said he would start processing the refund right away.

i've been holding my breath wondering if they were actually going to give me a refund but today i checked my account and there it was...my refund. i am pleasantly surprised but really annoyed that this comany hasn't been shut down for fraudulent activity because obviously they are not running an honest business.

i had to cancel my credit card and now have to wait 7 days for my new card to arrive...it is a royal pain and really annoying. why can't something be done about companies like this?!?!?!?!

• Ga
    gavins Jun 17, 2014

I ordered Garcinia cambogia from your company and have not received the product to date. The money was taken from my account immidiately, but no joy on the product. I received an order number after i paid. When will I receive my product? Why can we only query via telephone and not via email. There are a lot of people from South africa complaining about the same thing.

okay Thank You, FAR

frances ann rodriguez Feb 25, 2013

the company i ordered from was wwwhealhbuy.com i was not able to get into there site because they would not except my g-mail or password. i wanted to get into it to get the address so i could sent it back. my product was ordered 2/16/2017, arrived on Sat 2/23/2017, Order #3212507, Order source Web. PC#Customer #32125 07, Ship Method DHI Globel Mail SM Parcels, Weight (lbs) 0.51, amount 3 bottles of garcinia cambogia select total Amount $87.18 they will refund $61.95. when i received merchandise on 2/20/13 it came from Pacific Naturals. 2049 North Lincoln Street. Burbank, Ca 91504. now i do not know who to send it back to. my g-mail is [email protected] my password is my password. i feel like i am being ripped off royally. . i need help with finding Health Buy for address and phone #. there are so many complaints for both companies when it comes to returning merchandise.

frances ann rodriguez Feb 25, 2013

my complaint is this. i called this Company the next day to cancel my order and they told me they couldn't cancel it had already been sent and that when i receive it not to open it, well my husband thinking it was my medicine opened it by mistake. the bottles have not been opened or tampered with. you can see that, now they claim that they can't return the package. they also told me it would cost $8.00 a bottle costing me $18.00 dollars for restocking fee. so my refund would be around $69.81. i have never heard of this before for restocking bottles. i am a senior citizen and i need every penny. i will be reporting them to the agattoneymich.com, attorneys here in Michigan or talking to my son who is an attorney. do not order from this Company until you find out all there policies. getting a refund maybe difficult. also if you notice if you read there return policy it says to put your R# on the Invoice. they tell you not to open package but the return policy says open to put your R# inside. i know now you have to be really careful about ordering product on line or watching T.V. Ads, always check all policies careful i can't stress this enough. sincerely. FAR.

• I have just recently been scammed by healthbuy.com. First time this has happened to me and i feel a total idiot!!
    Live in Spain and ordered an intimate health product on 7th June 2017. Money left my bank within 5 days and no product has arrived over 7 weeks later. I order from China all the time and delivery is within 5 days.
    I checked with ALL courier companies here and not one had a shipment record for my name.
    Paid by debit card so no chance of money back but my bank is now investigating this fraudulent company.
    Have written 4 letters to the USA and UK adresses...NOTHING. Have called both telephone numbers..NOTHING
    Have applied for refund on their site...NOTHING. Reported fraudulent activity on their site..NOTHING
    I note they try to scare people saying the will commit perjury...chacked this with my friends brother today (his words were ...absolute rubbish...Healthbuy.com are the fraudulent party and should be reported to the relevant authorities immediatly without hesitation) Oh by the way...i forgot to mention, he is a registered European Lawyer!!!

• Ke
    kennytee Nov 15, 2010

i order a tooth whiten product which show that it was about £3.99 but by the time i was making payment the sum of £60.7 3 was charged on my card which i immediately made a call to cancelled the order i was told they can not cancel it and that i need to wait and return back the package back to the u.s.a which i did on the date i collected the package without opening the package i resend it back to them but to my surprise i was refunded $34.50 out of the money i then made a call and i was told by one of the staff by the name ivette that they only received 1 pack instead of two and that was the amt they are sending back and that the package have been opened i dont know why they are doing this kind of scam to innocent people will so much love and be interested if this issue can be investigated and find out who opened the package.thanks

• Un
    Unhappy in Nevada Sep 16, 2010

They advertize a nail fungus cure for the cost of $6.95 for shipping wilth no additional cost, but after entering a credit card number and authorizing the purchase, they charged an additiona $70 claiming there would be a rebate form for the refund of the money. After recieving the product (which was essentaly a $6 bottle of tea tree oil) and no rebate form, I called and was told the rebate only applies after the 4th order. Completely misleading and a complete rip off. I was assured they would not send anything else; if they do, my Husband and I will probably call a lawyer.

• Su
    suan thang Mar 31, 2010

i do not need any charge from my account.thank you.

sandy763 Dec 23, 2009

These people are nothing but con artist and thiefs. They charged me 119.95 for sqat and the number I call rings to no end. I'm not sure what I can do but I'm going to do something. This is crap.

• He
    Healthbuy.com Dec 18, 2009

I purchased a product that did not work for me and was not originally what I had intended to receive. I returned the product to the return address on the shipping label, this was the original shipper to HealthBuy, very tricky! They had to return my package, I had paid for the postage, which took a week or so. When I contracted HealthBuy, they informed me that they would deduct a $20.00 re-stocking fee, and, no return label. When all was said and done, I received less than half of my money back. I took the time to write them a letter but never received a response. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, ONE OF THE WORST RIPOFFS ON THE INTERNET!!!

FRANK VALDERAS Dec 18, 2009

WARNNING!!! THAY REALLY ARE BIG TIME SCAMMERS! THEY GOT ME . I 'M SO MAD I CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT!!!

• La
    lasr Nov 16, 2009

I just recieved an email from Healthbuy.com stating that my order was declined. I have never heard of this company nor have I ever ordered from them. I had just cancelled that card the day before (lucky me). When I called the company they said somebody must have stolen the card information or somebody in my house (i live alone and wasn't home the day it was supposedly ordered). I replied that "somebody stole my information just so they could send me not one but two whitening systems to set up a trial offer?" I don't think so. Now I see there are plenty of complaints about this company. Why isn't something being done about this. This is blatant theft! Who do we need to contact?

• Lr
    LR Harris Oct 19, 2009

hi:
    Yes I was scammed to...I rec'd no product and charges on my CC. Here is a number I found for those of you who cant' get through..it took me 5 different #'s before I reached one that actually answered.

Should you ever have any problems whatsoever, please don´t hesitate to contact our live technical support staff - available 5 days a week. We can be reached by phone toll free in the US at [protected].
    Calling Internationally? Dial [protected] for UK and [protected] for Australia.

• Kb
    kb mad as a wet hen Oct 15, 2009

I bought what I thought was a trial package of dental whitener based on testimony of a fake housewife who raved about the product. I haven't even finished the trial period and HealthBuy.com has charged my credit card. The shipping documents I received with the trial are the first place I found out about the auto renewall for $100. The trial shipping and handling is charged in a foreign currency so it costs more. There is no telephone number to call the outfit. The options to get out of the auto renewall are not accessible on the website (it says it's not an option).
    I wish I had read the other complaints before falling prey to this offer! And get this, the ad told me how I could get the trial package free without the S&H but when I submitted the request, the page came back with an "error" and re-set the S&H so it wasn't even free. I've called the bank because the auto charge is coming through before the 14 days is actually up. My order date was 10/2 and it's only 10/15! With no number to call and a lousy website that prohibits cancellation and a return policy as restrictive as it is the consumer is trapped. Authorities at my bank have been alerted and my state Better Business Bureau and State Department of Commerce will hear about this.

• Da
    darling Oct 06, 2009

thanks for the info complaint, i have HEALTHBUY.COM

Diana

• He
    Healthbuy.com Complaints Oct 04, 2009

I ordered a trial tube of tooth whitening paste. The advert said "Risk Free" trial offer.

It arrived in the mail - was half the size of a thin pencil (cost about 30 cents)

14 days later I got an email headed "NO REPLY" saying my credit card was charged $99. The email was so bogus smoke was coming out my ears.(Congrats - said the breeezy letter- you just joined the LIfetime membership of the Tooth Whitening Club)

I wrote about 6 irate emails. Got the same auto-generated template letter back 2 times - then no replies to my emails.

These people think they can just take the money - Easy Money - just like that.

They have a complaints form which is a joke. It says "we take complaints and allegations of FRAUD very seriously". Email them all you want - they don't reply to your letters!

I have since discovered my bank are well aware of this operation. They get lots of complaints!

If anybody else out there has been filched by these jokers - Here is what you can do. Read this link attached very carefully. At the bottom are directions as to how you can get back your money: http://www.killphishing.com/historical-scam.htm

• St
    strangeluvuk Aug 10, 2009

There's loads of complaints from all over the world on here, going over MONTHS!! How are these scummy people still active???

I had the same free trial thing with the tooth whitener. What a con! Their email telling me to contact them if I didn't want to pay $99.00 went straight into my spam folder so I didn't even see it.

What a disgusting bunch of turds!

• Ba
    Barry57 Jul 23, 2009

I purchased a 2 month supply of Smoke Deter System. This consists of 2 bottles of Herbal Supplement pills and 2 bottles of Nicotine Craving Relief spray. I CANNOT take this product as It does not agree with my daily medications. I phoned the company and a represenative told me I have to do the return over the Internet. When I asked why, she told me returns are not handled over the phone. I am NOT able to do it over the Internet either as companys website won't allow me too!
    ADVISE: DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH HEALTHBUY.COM!

• Pr
    Presouz Jul 23, 2009

SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME!! I dont know how but they did it to me too I saw shipping fees and clicked out of the order and they charged me anyway!! I called them at their [protected] which says its in Burbank CA but its really in CANADA after getting a phone bill for the call it was so mean mean mean beware

• Pr
    Presouz Jul 23, 2009

• Da
    DarlingDeidra Jul 15, 2009

Healthbuy.com are a bunch of charlatans! I wanted to check the shipping costs between ordering Acnezine from their website acnezine.com (which is really healthbuy.com) and quicktoyou.com. For both I had to put in my credit information but once I saw the costs, I cancelled both pages.
    Healthbuy.com sent me an email to say that they noticed that I did not complete my order and tried to convince me to do so. I ignored the email. On checking on my finances the next day, I realized that money was deducted from my credit card for the purchase of the product. I called them immediately and told them that I did not give them permission to sent any products to me or deduct money from my credit card.
    The customer service rep argued with me and told me that I did. When I asked her about the email sent which acknowledges that I did not complete my order, she said that she doesn't know who sent it and it was a mistake. I told them that they had no right to take money out of my credit card if I did not give them permission to do so and she nonchalantly told me that if I have a problem, I should send back the product for a refund. So now I have to incur costs to have it shipped back to them and plus they deduct $10 for just opening the box!!!
    Ludicrous!!! I am not an American and I don't reside there. Can someone tell me if any legal options are open to me. I did not give them permission to deduct money from my credit card after all.

• 75
    75thillinois May 25, 2009

Same thing with me...only with a "free trial" teeth whitening kit - I tried to call and cancel (which some woman in India said she would take care of it)...but before she agreed to cancel, she said o.k., instead of the $ 85.00 a month, I could have it for $ 14.95 a month! I just recieved our latest credit card bill...IT IS STILL ON THERE ! I will now have to have Visa change our card number...the ###!!

• Sc
    Scammed customer May 14, 2009

Company advertises return privileges with a refund.
    They do not state the outrageous conditions attached to the offer:

1. Each item has a restocking fee of $10.
    2. If your ordered 3 items and they gave you a 4th one "free" - you still pay $10 to restock the supposedly "free" item.

A recent order of 3 items (With a 4th free) had a product cost of $120.
    The total cost with shipping was = $133.

The return they allowed was $60 - after deducting $40 for the opened jar and subtracting the restocking fee.

The company made a $120 sale for 4 items and then refunded $60 to get back 3.

Not a bad gig for them, they made $60 for the sale of a single item.

Stay away - this is a ripoff and a scam!!!

• Be
    beanie May 13, 2009

Oh My God!!! I am having the same exact issue but am not as far down the line as you are. My boyfriend and I decided to try the Bowltrol product as well. What a total mistake!!!

I have been so busy with work and what not that I never even opened the bottle. since the day I signed up for my "free trial", I received numerous...and I mean NUMEROUS phone calls from India or somewhere asking me about some other offer connected with this company (I think) and kept hounding me on it. I couldn't even understand what the woman was trying to say to me. Apparently is was another one of those "free offers"..."completely free" she kept saying. Her manager got on the phone call because I wouldn't agree with what she was trying to get me to sign up for. Terrible. When is it not o.k. for a person to say NO THANK YOU??!! I should have known right there to find a way to get this cancer called Healthbuy.com out of my life.

So I guess my 14 days ran out...still had not opened the bottle. I see the $98 and some change charge taken out of my account. Now the insanity really began. Like you, I have been at this rat race, trying to get my money back. I fear there's no hope. I only live an hour or so from Burbank and am even thinking of showing up at their doorstep.

This is not fair what they are doing to people. I cannot believe they have not been shut down. They need to be stopped. Like your sentiment, I wish I had read these comments before jumping into bed with these snakes. Please let me know how to fight back!!! What can I do to a) get my money back and b) stop them from doing this to others?!

• Ta
    Tassos Jan 27, 2009

Hi, how is your case going-please keep posting here. Every information is useful.Thank you.

• Ta
    Tassos Jan 27, 2009

Some far away European will thank you for that -
    keep spreading !!!
    Can you tell me wherelse in the internet can we sent our information.keep posting here-Thank you!

• Po
    PoorHealth dont Buy Dec 10, 2008

I wish I had read these reviews before I asked for trial of their "Bowltrol" product.
    As advertised it was $6.95 for a "trial" sample. If it doesn't work--which it doesn't! that was it--so I thought.
    Apparently their scam is this: After ordering this $6.95 "trial" sample, you don't somehow cancel the "order" within 14 days, they bill your credit card about $80 for 2 more bottles of this s***.

When I called them the rude woman who answered said "there is no return policy"! I never heard of such a policy with any ligit company. Well guess what: MY Policy is I will refuse any shipments and will send them back unopened at their expense and have also notified A/X to dispute BOTH these charges. FIGHT BACK! Don't let these crooks get away with it!

• Ms
    Ms Clarke Sep 17, 2008

I am absolutely appalled with the lack of response from Healthbuy.com.
    I have phoned them twice, only to be kept on the phone for two hours each time listening to their lame recording.
    When I investigated the various websites and found an order number, I thought that I was getting somewhere. When I phoned and spoke to someone, she flatly said that she only takes orders by phone to process them, where, she could not tell me and that she could not take an order number as she could not assist me in any way other than making another order. Right.
    I have left two e-mails and not recieved a reply, I have also faxed three copies of an enquiry, giving all my details to trace this so called order and still not recieved a reply.
    I am now taking the matter further through Paypal being as I paid through them.
    I will also be spreading the word far and wide and contacting the USA Goverment regarding Healthbuy.coms' efficient and effective business practices!!!

• Ke
    Kerri Moulton Jul 30, 2008

I have a charge on my credit card that I did not do from this company. I have tried to call the customer care number but after being on hold for over 2hrs, hung up... have tried to call and there is a recording but can never get to anybody. This is a $80 charge that I will have to pay for...

• Su
    sultan alam Jun 18, 2008

I bought 6 months provillus with £100 pound but they send me wrong item with that and charge me extra 45 pound i am now trying to contact them by mail but they are not responsing me I send them three mail all the time the mail reply that you will be touch within 2 3 working days it has passed 20 days but they did not reply me with out their reply i cannot send the item back becuse they need the reply mail with the return item.They have not any phone no bu whom i can make call to them.so i am now in fastration.could you please help me regarding this matter. I want to informed those people who want to buy some thing by internet check the company status before and read the details of the product because they always told that
    you can return it any time but later they donot do that.