Harvey Normanfurniture delivery

C Jul 18, 2019

April 2019 we had new carpet supplied and installed by Harvey Norman. Sunday 14 th July. I purchased a lift chair for my mother on delivery of the lift chair the men removed the old chair to put in the new one and has pulled threads in the new carpet. I was told that this damage is not covered as it was only a delivery and not an installation that I paid for. I'm sorry but when you bring a chair into the home and you plug it in as it is an electric lift chair to me that's an installation. I had a conversation with the sales person at the time of purchase to find out if I needed to remove the old chair but I was told that wasn't necessary the deliverers would do it. The sales person has since denied that conversation. Also if there is a difference between a delivery fee (which was $65) and an installation fee I was not offered the latter. I am very disappointed at the lack of help in this situation. I did receive several phone calls from the store but was told there was nothing they could do. I will include the receipt and photos of the damage. I am very disgruntled as I have been shopping with this store for many years and I feel that responsibility should be taken for the damage.