Having problems with Harvey Norman?

+61 130 046 4278 (Australia, Store Enquiries)
+61 297 636 899 (Australia, Online Enquiries)
+64 800 464 278 (New Zealand)
+64 800 258 741 (New Zealand, Photo Centre)
+385 15 566 200 (Croatia)
+386 15 855 000 (Slovenia)
+60 130 088 5200 (Malaysia)
A1 Richmond Road

Airport Road 3D, 1000 Ljubljana

Singapore
315 Outram Road № 01-01/02, Tan Boon Liat Building, Singapore 169074

Complaints & Reviews

dishonest sales staff at moorabbin

I went into the Moorabbin store Sunday, with a view to purchasing a dishwasher whilst a special promotion was on. I looked at a few and the saleswoman said there was no need to decide today, she could hold the price etc for me for few days.
I returned today and proceeded to purchase one of the dishwashers, but was told as the promotion was over I could have the same price, but not the double guarantee and other promotional offers and she could't let me use my go-card to purchase it.
I would have made the purchase on sunday if she hadnt discouraged me at the time; after all that is what I went there for, then today I am not given the same offers, finance (which I have from previous Harvey Norman purchases) was not available on dishwashers.
Seems having a GO card is a waste of time, she insisted I put it on my bank credit card (and therefore pay interest), saying that the GE finance costs them too much - why offer it then?
I feel that she deliberately discouraged me on sunday so I would have to pay more today. I didn't buy the dishwasher as the terms had changed so much. I wouldn't have wasted my time going to the store a second time if I'd known.
Really not sure that I want to shop at HN ever again. Have searched on-line but unable to find an email address to send a complaint to the store manager.

sales assistants who dont give any assistance

I have been in the Harvey Norman Store to purchase many different items I could have purchased much more if it was for the lack of help from the floor staff at the Hoppers Crossing store. Today I purchased a $800. vacuum cleaner from a very knowledgeable staff member but it took me as least 10 minutes to get some help as the staff were too busy talking to each other and the young female behind the counter was to busy chewing with her mouth wide open ( not a good sight). I also tried to purchase a Lap top but no one came near me and while my partner and myself tried to get assistance to purchase a sound system for our TV we watched 3 male staff members having a great talk and laugh. They did look our way a couple of times but did not make an effort to assist us. We left not very happy. with the no service policy they have in that store. I did point out to the lady on the register that we couldn't get any help and pointed to the 3 males still standing around talking. She did say she was sorry but she had nothing to be sorry about or maybe she is sorry for working in a place that does not believe in customer service. Well I will have to take my business to somewhere else. My partner always complains when we enter that store as we can not get served we end up leaving again. He believes its just a waste of a drive. signed very disapointed

• Se
    Serve well Jul 16, 2015

They don't care! And the managers support this poor customer service. I am shocked that the customer service at Harvey Norman is getting worse and worse. I was threatened by a manger that he would call the police - I was just standing up for my rights under the Australian Consumer Law. I am speaking to lots of stakeholders, especially about the fact that complaints don't even seem to be responded to now. This may breach the law in many ways.

how I was not served

I am a woman on my own going into Harvey Norman to purchase several large white goods asking the sales man for prices on the goods I wished to purchase he conclued with he would give me the price when I got my husband to come in for the final choice.I then told him he had lost my business as I did not have a husband, and would never go into a Harvey Norman Store again the Good Guyes got the sale which was over $6, 000.
I have been in retail all my working life and have never presumed a customer's position

• Ap
    apuharmi Jun 13, 2011

This comment may be a little late, but believe me, you
    are not 'Robyn Crusoe' regarding this company. The staff
    would be rejected as parking officers, their products are over-priced (no-matter what the DEAL may say), they
    prey on people who can't afford to pay cash, and their
    total arrogance regarding all this is actually sad,
    because people (even stupid ones) will only put up with
    so much, for so long. All their jobs are in jeopardy,
    as people like you and I wake up to them. Mind you, old
    Gerry won't give a Rat's, as he's already made his dough.

unprofessional service

I bought a Toshiba laptop from Harvey Norman Mutiara Damansara on 16 Jul 2010. When I return the unit to the shop few days later because of a faulty speaker, I was told that I cannot exchange it with a new unit because I did not returned with the box. When I asked why a box is needed, he just said that this is the procedure, then he said they need the serial number when it is clearly stated on the unit itself. At this point I am totally unhappy and ask why he did not caution me about keeping the box. He then said he thought he did and anyway it is stated either on the invoice or the warranty card and I should read it. I did not immediately go through all the fine prints at the back of the invoice because it is so fine that it require a magnifier but when I check it at home later, it is not there!! Did the staff even know these thing at all?? When I ask to see the manager, the staff just convey the message that there is nothing the manager can do about it without even bothering to talk to me. Is that the standard Harvey Norman service to their customer? I am very disappointed with the attitude of the staff which is totally unprofessional. They have failed to offer the proper post sales service/advice expected from a perceived reputable (?) shop. They have failed to live up to the Harvey Norman claim of 'Service with a Smile'. I feel totally cheated and this will be the last time I give any business to Harvey Norman.

annoyed and ripped off Aug 29, 2010

I too bought a hp pavillion lap top from Harvey Norman which broke down approx6months after purchase, but was told see this is why flexirent and extended warranty cover comes in handy as all faults or accidental damage is covered. Great I thought til I was forwarded on to other networks (extended warranty and flexirent) who then also put the blame back to each other non stop and Harvey Norman. 18 months into a contract now and no working computer for 10 of those months but no one will put there hand up to replace it. They are or were however, very happy to accept my payment on time everytime. This is a complete joke and as the store is franchised there is no real way to get justice through the complaint centre... I will never purc hase another thing through flexirent or Harvey Norman Forster well Harvey Norman full stop...

annoyed and ripped off Aug 29, 2010

agree totally

bad customer service/ bad workmanship

I always shopping at Harvey Norman because their electronics have best quality, but now I should change my mind because of their staffs. Harvey Norman should training their staff and teach them how to serve customer. They are so rude and never answer my questions.
Your service make me and other people feel sick, but you say you are professional service. Is it Your professional is not answer customer qusetion and ask them to find by theirself? Is it your proffessional service is racism?
I promise I will never shop at Harvey Norman anymore, and I will tell my friends how you treat your customers so rude.
Once they if you loose your customers, remmeber to review your service.

3d tvs and sales persons

Over the last couple weeks I have been researching 3D televisions such as the sony HX8 and 9. I started going into the stores to have a look at them physically starting at a sony centre (awesome service and friendly staff), secondly I went into harvey norman city cross (whom I'm complaining about). Skipping to the point...the staff member ( who came over a pushy and intollerable) try to force the samsung 3d on me even though I could see plain as day the sony was far better in both the 3d quality, picture in general and build quality.

Here is the kicker I know for a fact that sony has delayed the glasses and IR sender release. Stock quantities are expected in the next couple months, from what I have experienced I can see that this staff member was just trying for a sale but happiness of the customer is first priority. Keep us happy we'll come back and or tell our friends. I know of all the tips and tricks in the trade for sales person, such as friedmann training etc. But no sales person has the right to sell an inferior product and plead the ignorance case.

I think i might stroll down the street next time and give the VISA to Sony Centre and if not them NOT HARVEY NORMAN!!!

REMEMBER PEOPLE ASK ABOUT STOCK IF THEY DONT SAY A THING, WON'T TELL OR THERE IS NONE THEY'LL TRY AND SELL YOU SOMETHING ELSE AND IT COULD BE SOMETHING YOU DON'T WANT, DO YOUR RESEARCH AND KNOW WHAT YOU WANT, IF YOU DON'T YOU MAY ASWELL JUST HAND OVER THE VISA AND SAY I WANT EVERYTHING.

customer service

I've decided to share my complaint here due to the fact that I can find no way of contacting Harvey...

staff with poor manners!!!

I was shopping with my wife and 3 kids for a vacuum cleaner at 1pm on a saturday afternoon. The shop was busy...

timber impressions

my husband and i were quite addiment that we didnt want to purchase a timber impression floor if it was going...

Banora Point Flooring Installation

rude salesman

I went into Harvey Norman, King St, Warrawong store to purchase TWO set top recordable boxes for my tvs. I...

gas stove

On the 17/3/10 my mother spent nearly three and half thousand dollars buying a fridge, a plasme tv and a ga...

dvd player

I went into Harvey Norman to purchase a multi-region DVD player. I was advised by Mark, one of the sale...

service

The service was really bad, you were shoved from one register to another without an operator at the register you were directed to, you made a purchase in one department that couldn't finalize the sale, then there were bargain bins on the way out that you couldn't pay for the purchase of those bargain bins you had to go to another department, the staff were off hand and talked to "friends" who were customers - without even acknowledging you were there for over 10 minutes, I very rarely put pen to paper but the whole experience was disgusting and I will never shop there again.

• Ro
    Robert Apr 09, 2009

I purchased a 32" LCD tv. We used it for 3 nights and noticed the sound stopped intermittently. I took the TV backon the Forth night and advised them that it was faulty and I would like a replacement or a refund. They made a lot of excuses about the manager not being there and cant make those decisions although evenually the manager did appear. The manager advised me that I need to prove that the set is faulty. I suggested that the fault only happened intermitently and he said well he needs to check that it has a fault. Why the hell would I go to the trouble of taking a Television back to the store if it was fine, I had negotiated the best price available and there was no reason for me to lie. So I said I gues I have to leave the set here to which he replied you can take it if you wish. Then how can he test it? So I guess if I take it I need to accept that there is no fault. Other customers became interested in the comotion and I started explaining the problem to them. They agreed that the treatment was poor and incorrect. The staff seeing that I was talking to other customers demanded that I leave the store. I stood out side the store talking to people as they passed me by and then a security guard was called and removed me assulting me on the way out. I wish I could find the people who witnessed all this. Now I have no TV.

• Re
    Regan Apr 10, 2009

Sorry mate but you are an idiot...
    All you need to do is follow your consumer rights instead of acting like a complete tool. HN can drag this out for up to 14 weeks (ACCC) So thats 14 weeks without your TV.
    If you treat HN like you would want to be treated, you will get serviced. If you act like a idiot they will treat you exactly like that... an idiot!
    Swallow you pride, apologise and they will fall over to help you...
    At the end of the day if the TV is faulty they have no options but to swap it.

Savloy Jun 30, 2009

I agree with Regan...you are a complete idiot. If there is a problem you actually call the "manufacturer" and they will assist you in fixing it or if they cannot they will give you a case number in which will allow you to have it replaced (within a certain period of purchase) or you can have it repaired in which case ur drop off point would be Harvey Norman and the manufacturer will take cafre of it. REMEMBER...Harvey Norman sell the goods and they are set within limitations and guildlines as to what they can or cannot do, and one of those being "the supplier/manufacturer have the right to inspec faulty goods before they are replaced...Seriously if you had customers coming over to you from the "comotion" then obviously you were acting like a fool...

• V0
    V0L4T1LE Jun 23, 2010

Each Department is owned by a different person, its frustrating but its the same thing as if you go to the shopping center you cant pay for you Myer products at the Telstra shop. harvey norman stores are actually many smaller stores all under one roof.

As for the cashier thing only certain staff are able to handle money. I perosnally think it detracts from the customer service but I am sure you can understand the security reasons behind it.

and if a staff member is not doing their job tell the franchisee in my experience they will be fired

lies, and lies

I am sick to death of being lied to everytime I go into the Harvey Norman store in Maitland, and not being able to lodge a complaint. In particular the one woman in the white goods section. When she eventually served me see went out of her way to point out that this was the last of that model avalible and no more could be ordered. That the price should be $699 that I could not get it at that price ever again and I had to buy it now. When I enquired about another brand, she said they no longer produced that product. I had been in contact via email about these products and I knew the RRP and the avalibility of stock. She then proceeded to try and sell me a product that was nearly $2000. She was rude and pushy answered no questions and basicly implied I was stupid because I wanted to purchase a twin tub washing machine which she obviously considered below her. This is not my first experiance with this woman and on three previous occasions she has used the same technique of the is the only one avalible, upping the original price and looking down her nose because I wished to purchase the smaller option. But their loss as there is a Joyce Mayne next door, and I am a regular customer, I got my new washer, I could have bought three then and there, or ordered a hundred more discounted from a RRP of $499. So much for the last one avalible in the country. My advice in Maitland is, go to Harvey Norman show your children what an evil lier looks like and go next door and buy from someone else.

Maginnus Mar 30, 2011

Unfortunately for you, you've ultimately been giving your money to the same people. The Harvey Norman 'group' own Joyce Mayne. And Domayne, and a few others.
    But at least you're giving your commission dollars to someone better..!

extended warranty lies

I had a television covered under the extended warranty which broke after just 1 year of having it. Since it was covered, they would replace it. That was a month ago that they took my tv and I still don't have its replacement yet! They aren't even going to repair it--they will just give me a different tv (their choice). I agreed...but still have nothing to show for it. I don't know what other options I have (aside from not buying anything from Harvey Norman in the future). And they have told me several times that it will be delivered (on this day, on that day)...but nothing still. It's disappointing that they can so easily screw over their customers who paid hundreds in extra charges for the extended warranty. Very bitter.

• Ca
    Cashlam May 09, 2010

Yes, Very disappointing for after sales service. I get the same experience too. my camera was send in to repair for almost 1 month. now i get inform by the camera manufacture that my camera is ready to collect. from 3 week until now, harvey norman still not yet collect my camera and keep going to give a lot of ### excuse.

• De
    deepsouth Apr 22, 2015

Strongly agreed to their lousy extended warranty policy. I felt it is just like a scam! Harvey Norman is useless!! So irresponsible! They just simply says that the spare-part cannot source and the repairment cost similar to the product purchase price, tonnes of unreasonable lame excuses. Also, they said that they have the rights to refund your cost of purchase price and tell you to buy any model appliances which they have at their showroom. They indirectly caused the consumer lose confidence into the particular brands of the product that consumer bought. Their way of handling such solution is very BAD!

bed delivery

I bought a HotWheels racing car bed, mattress, bedding and desk for my little boy two weeks ago. At the time I paid $60 for delivery and was told that the order would be delivered either the Monday coming or, if not then definately the following. Well it is now the following Monday. I called them (no that's right no communication on their part) and asked what time it would be arriving only to be told that the bed is there but the desk is still in transit. So my husband asked if they could just deliver the bed and we would go in to pick up the desk ourselves. We were told no, that the delivery people had probably already left.

WTF???? HOW ABOUT GETTING OFF YOUR ### AND CHECKING WITH THE DELIVERY PEOPLE TO SEE WHETHER THEY HAD ACTUALLY LEFT??

HOW ABOUT KEEPING US INFORMED ABOUT OUR PURCHASE???

DO THEY THINK PEOPLE CAN JUST SIT AROUND ALL THE TIME IN HOPE THAT DELIVERIES MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT TURN UP???

MY POOR LITTLE BOY IS WAITING AND WAITING HE IS SO EXCITED - AND HE HAS EVEN GIVEN UP HIS DUMMY IN EXCHANGE FOR A RACING CAR BED THAT HE HASN'T FRIGGIN GOT - I HAD TO TELL HIM THAT IT'S NOT COMING AFTER ALL AND WATCH HIM CRY! -

OH BUT SO LONG AS THEY HAVE THEIR MONEY THEY DON'T GIVE A ### - THEY SAY ANYTHING TO GET A SALE THEN ONCE THEY HAVE THEIR MONEY WONT GIVE YOU THE TIME OF DAY!

the delivery man said f word to me

the sales man named danny is a liar and a cheater. the delivery man named mohammed is very rude. he kept saying f words at my home. I reminded him not, but he would not listen to me. I bought a fridge yesterday and the sales man danny promised me that the fridge will be delivered to my home on the day I bought. danny also said that the delivery man will put the fridge in the place I want and remove the old fridge. However, the delivery actually come to my home one day after and due to the delay, all of my food went bad. Moreover, the delivery man mohammed charged me $20 to remove the old fridge. Nobody told me about the extra money for removing fridge/ I called danny and he changed his face from a friend to an enemy and said " everyone knows it why you donot know? you did not ask that is your problem" in fact before I bought, I kept asking " will the delivery man help me remove the old fridge?" Danny only said "yes" no more word!!!

The most terrible thing is when I argued with mohannnd, he kept saying F word at my home!!! I just want to make clear do I need to pay the extra $20, does that deserve many F words???

I am very disappointed with harvey norman and definitely would not buy anything from it anymore. In fact, I had two receipts. one said the fridge should be at my home on 23th of Jan 2010 and the other receipt said I received the fridge on 24th jan 2010. I also taped when mohammed said F words to me. So I am considering to sue harvey norman for the delayed delivery and the rude service.

dvd - r disc's

I visited the wangaratta store, dvd's were on special at$16.00 each.I was almost charged $24.95 each quanty 2. I thought that the price was excessive for non printable disc's, I had just been to another store and they were $23.00 for printables for 50. I also called into the Harrvey Norman Store in Shepparton on my way back from Melbourne where the DVD's were advertised at $9.95 but I paid $32.00 for the 2 but they were prinables which I accepeted.<br /><br />
I am have recently bought a TV at the Wangaratta store and other items at the same store but no more, I will never shop at your your7858a store ever again and furthermore I will tell other people the same thimg.<br /><br />
<br /><br />
Kevin Chandler 3/76 Hume Street Mulwala NSW. 2647.

dvd - r disc's

lounge suite not good quality

I purchased a lounge suite form harvey norman 10 days ago... However im not satisfied, its simply not a...

replacement extended warranty is void

I have purchased Replacement Program extended warranty by paying additional fee when I purchased a printer, which extends the warranty for additional 12 months after manufacturer's warranty expires. The printer broke after the manufacture warranty was expired, so I tried to claim a replacement through Harvey Norman. However, the price of the exact same printer model have been gone up since I purchased it, and Harvey Norman will not hand out the replacement eventhough the warranty is titled "Replacement Program". They will only offer store credit. Now I end up with no printer, and store credit is not enough to buy the same printer. They want me to pay cough up more if I want the same printer.

Please save yourself from troubles, don't bother with Harvey Norman.

• Sb
    S BRITTEN Jan 23, 2010

WE BROUGHT A PLASMA LG TV WITH EXTENTED WARRANTY IN HARVEY NORMAN IN HOBART . IT IS NOW PLAYING UP WITH THE PICTURE WE HAVE BEEN TOLD IT IS THE PLASMA AND WONT BE COVERED BY WARRANTY . HOW CAN A $3.500 LAST ONLY THREE YEAR AND WHY PAY FOR EXTRA WARRANTY. WE ARE ONLY PENSIONERS AND CANT AFFORD NEW TV

• Sb
    S BRITTEN Jan 23, 2010

we brought a lg plasma tv at harvey normans and had extented warranty with eighteen months to go. the picture started to go and have been told it might be the plasma and regassing is not covered in warranty. we was not told this when buying tv. we have always been good customers at harvey normans but wont be now. we are pensioners and can not afford a new tv

Jason Shaw Jul 28, 2011

I have purchesed a HP Officejet 7500A from Harvey norman cannington wa and within 27 days it started to make weird sounds inside and eat paper i contacted the store to ask for a replacement and they game me some bs story that it would have to be sent away and could take an extended amount of time to fix the issue.

• Ar
    arundeep Jun 03, 2013

Don't waste time and GO to Ombudsman.