Menu
HanesBrands
reviews & complaints

HanesBrands
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

93 complaints
26 resolved 67 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by HanesBrands customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of HanesBrands. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
1:43 am

HanesBrands - Staff recruitment

Don't bother applying for roles with this company. Avoid at all costs.

Told that my partner is perfect for a role Assistant Manager) but was knocked back because ‘hasn't enough leadership' although she has been in retail over 12 years and with 5 of that being 3IC or better.

Was told during the interview that staff retention needs work at this store (she is currently 8 years into her current role)

Avoid at all costs

Desired outcome: Give her the job she deserves

HanesBrands - The latest "Ball-ence" ads

These current Hanes commercials are not only unduly lewd and offensive but an affront to the average person's intelligence. Despite the "Zen" wrapping, the premise and content is inane and appeals to the basest level of human consumption. Sadly, the actor in the ad comes across as an ineffective, silly and lame amateur - as most would - given the ill-conceived content, script and unnecessarily suggestive premise of the campaign.

Ads either enhance or dilute brand equity. Poorly conceived and executed 30 second airtime spots like the subject at hand have the power to turn off even the most loyal of customers.

I am one such consumer. As a life-long, loyal purchaser of Hanes products, I do not identify at all with either the character or content featured in these ads and will not buy any of your company's offerings going forward.

Desired outcome: Remove these Hanes "Ball-ence" ads from the air

I totally agree

F
5:21 pm
HanesBrands has left an official reply on this complaint.

HanesBrands - Hanes Women's Cool Comfort® Microfiber Brief 10-Pack SKU: MX40AS 36 ASF Color Assorted Size

I have never tried to order Hanes on line, just have bought in the store, usually Walmart. I always buy exactly the same ... briefs, microfiber, size 10, multipack.

What I received, however, had microfiber around the top of the elastic band (never had it before), which was less stretchable. It also tore on two pair the first time I tried to put them on. I threw them away without a thought, at that time, of making a complaint.

Information on my order:

T: 4074595948
Payment Method

PayPal

Shipping Method

Standard (5-7 Business Days)
Items Qty

Size

Desired outcome: Reimbursement, please

10:26 pm

HanesBrands - “Ballence”

This commercial will keep me from ever buying a product from Haynes again.
My dresser and closet is full of clothing from your company.
But this latest launch of commercials is lewd and without class. It shows me that your underwear need to shock people into remembering the Haynes name.
Why not bring back Michael Jordan? Those commercials had class.
These absolutely do not.

Desired outcome: Stop airing this commercial

Aug 07, 2021 3:01 pm

👍👍

K
11:18 pm

HanesBrands - Hanes men’s underwear

The new Hanes underwear ad is inappropriate for TV. I was watching the WKC dog show with my grandchildren. I did not appreciate having to explain what this add was referring to. I think men talking about their junk on TV is offensive. Why do we have to be subjected to this kind of horrible advertising. I understand that sex sells but this is beyond the mark

Desired outcome: The add should be MA

2 comments
C
Aug 01, 2021 2:06 am

I am astounded that Hanes would even think of let alone televise a commercial such as this. It is disgusting and offensive. I have been familiar with Hanes for years and have women's T-shirts in my closet that are favorites, but will no longer buy a Hanes product. What on Earth is the purpose for this commercial other than shock value?

Jul 25, 2021 11:33 pm

I agree. I am not a prude, but the guy is gross and so is this ad. Every time it comes on, I feel disgusted.

R
4:39 am

HanesBrands - Men's briefs

Hello,

On December 27th of last year, I purchased a pack of Hanes Men's briefs for $18.99. I believe these are the same;

That was six months ago. Out of the nine, I have so far had to throw out about six pair, because they developed holes in the buttocks area. I am VERY displeased with this lack of quality, as I have been buying this brand of underwear damn near all my life.

As a senior citizen on a fixed income, I can hardly afford to buy underpants every six months, because the maker offers substandard merchandise. The pack, with California sales tax, came to over 20 dollars.

I felt that you should be aware of this situation, as I no longer feel comfortable purchasing underwear of this brand.

Regards,
Richard Saeta

L
5:27 pm

HanesBrands - Hanes commercial

The new Hanes Commercial with the man in the blue underwear riding a bull, is way too suggestive
He spreads his legs apart, and holds on to the strap that resembles a dildo as he grinds his body against the bull

CHILDREN ARE IN THE ROOM

I have always bought Hanes Products for myself and my family
BUT

I don't buy products that are sexually suggestive
You should Pull this AD

Desired outcome: [email protected]

4 comments
Jul 01, 2021 10:58 pm

I totally agree! My thoughts exactly! Take this garbage off the air! Disgusting!

P
Jun 12, 2021 5:37 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am greatly astonished that anyone would pay for such senseless advertising. Morality and ethics don’t seem to matter to some corporations. I guess these individuals expect us to become passive and let them run any type of inappropriate ads without limits or boundaries. Obviously their message is not about buying a good product or they wouldn’t need raunchy ads with sexual implications. I will not support this company so I won’t be buying Hanes products.

May 27, 2021 10:00 pm

I completely agree! I have 3 little girls in the room, ages 13, 8 & 6. Disgusting, take it off the air!

May 27, 2021 10:01 pm
Replying to comment of Maggie 53

Idiot dude in blue underwear

G
5:52 pm

HanesBrands - Hanes Ladies panties Xtemp bikinis & hipsters

Hello,
I have been a fan of Hanes Ladies hipsters & bikinis. XTemp and cotton were always my favorite. I have always purchased size 6. The narrow band bikinis were a hit but seem to wear extremely quick. The wide band xtemp hipsters are awkward. Almost too loose on the waistband. I have also worn the cotton hipsters which are great. At one time I purchased the heathered cotton bikinis. Great looking panties but the fit was way off. My complaint is the sizes don't seem to be consistent. The heathered panties were way too big for their size 6. The xtemp wide band do not stay on. Size seems larger also. Cotton & Xtemp hipsters seem good on size. But Xtemp doesn't hold up as far as wear.
Gina Edwards
[email protected]

Desired outcome: Possible coupon for new purchase.

T
11:54 am

HanesBrands - waist band rollover leg ride up

I purchased a box of premium boxer briefs in Target ..After three weeks of use I found the waist band to rollover causing discomfort and the leg to ride up I hoped when I purchased them that a premium brand would not have the problems listed. Bar code 7 38994 21723 3 The stretch fabric is fine but with the waist band rollover the comfort is gone. I have in the past been pleased with your products and I was surprised this product thank you

Desired outcome: replacement with product that will not have the same problem

K

[protected]

Payment Method
PayPal
Shipping Method
Standard (5-7 Business Days)
Items Qty
Hanes Men's Jersey Pocket Short
SKU: O8790 45 BKC
Color
Black
Size
2XL
Please do not reply to this message. This email is generated automatically and is not monitored for responses. If you have any questions, please visit the Customer Service page or call our Customer Care team at 1-800-254-1545.

10:02 am

HanesBrands - Hanes Mens Underwear

My complaint is about Hanes Men's Comfortsoft Boxer with ComfortFlex Waistbands. I have used Hanes brands mens underwear for years, preferring it to Fruit of the Loom, as it seemed that they were just better quality.

Well, I have to take that back. I just purchased Hanes Men's Comfortsoft Boxer with ComfortFlex Waistbands from Amazon and they are cheap, and of a terrible new design with a button on the fly. Bad quality, bad design.

I don't want to return them, I don't want a refund, I just want Hanes to tell whoever designed these to shift over to women's underwear.

I have now just ordered new Mens underwear from Amazon again only Fruit of the Loom this time.

Desired outcome: Wise up

B
1:28 pm

HanesBrands - Shipping

Order: 6003049053
9261290198178006968493
It's been sitting in Memphis since Feb 20th. I think they've lost it and dhl says I have to turn it over to you so you can investigate.
Diana Evans
101 Deer Acres
Cabot AR 72023
501-286-1339
Looks like DHL never turned it over to USPS in Memphis according to the USPS Tracking and the weather has cleared up so it can't be blamed on snow or ice.

Desired outcome: I just want my 2 pr of sweat pants

Update by boristhespider
Mar 01, 2021 1:30 pm

I'm not complaining about the Hanes company or the merchandise. I just want my pants found and shipped to me please.

A
1:54 pm

HanesBrands - Hanes Womens Brief Panties

I recently bought Hanes panties .They were briefs
The muti pack which I pd 22.00 for ..I have found 2 pair that had tares in them..I am on a fixed income
I always but Hanes products but im dissatisfied for the second time...I didnt complain the first time about some hanes bras I purchased...But this time I am ...22.00 may not seem alot to you but to me it is ..I am on disability .I hope that this can be rectified...
Sincerly
Angelika Lovejoy

Desired outcome: Send me some new panties

H
11:30 pm

HanesBrands - Women’s underwear

The inseam is in the middle of the back of the panties so it would literally go right up someone's ass crack if they tried to wear them. And I bought two packages and they are all like this! Who the fuck would want to wear this? If I wanted to wear a fucking thong i'd buy a fucking thong not fucking hanes... Fit for comfort my ass... And fyi do you realize how many retailers try to do anything they can to not get underwear back in their returns? I'd know I work for em! So now I get double the pain in my ass! Never seen underwear like this before! Fucking stupid!

Desired outcome: Refund, and new underwear

N
4:46 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My son purchased two sweat pants at the hanes store at wrentham, ma outlets on 11/22/2020. We didn't try them on in the store because of covid-19 but decided to return them after my son did at home and didn't like the fit. We returned to the same store and was told by the associate she would accept the grey pants but not the black. When asked why she said...

J
2:27 pm

HanesBrands - Defective merchantise

Good afternoon,

I recently received a Large Black zip up hoodie made by Hanes as a gift. After washing and drying the article of clothing once, the zipper area, top to bottom, puckered outward approximately 2 inches or more while in the zipped up position. I washed the article according to the label, and dried it on low as instructed on the label. I have purchased other products like this in the past from Hanes as well as other manufactures, but I have never seen a defect like this take place. The item was purchased at Amazon although the tag is clearly a Hanes tag.

I am enclosing 3 photos of the product and the defect outcome. I am a medium sized, slim adult male, but as you can see by the one photo, it looks as though I have an extended stomach due to the contortion of the fabric surrounding zipper area...

Please reply to me at email address: [email protected] with your comments and resolution.

Thank you for your attention...

Joe Baldwin

Desired outcome: Replacement value or upgrade to better quality article

E
7:40 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good Morning I have always bought hanes women's sock 8-12 love them, however last week when I went to walmart and bought a pack.. Not 1 pair has been right, I have to keep taking off my shoe etc to fix the toe part as it keeps turning towards the back and makes it very uncomfortable. It might have been a bad batch but thought you should know and maybe pay little more attention to them

P
7:41 am

HanesBrands - Boxer briefs

I purchased a 5 pack of boxer briefs from a local retailer about 3 weeks ago. After 3 machine washings, I noticed stitches were falling out in the fly areas of two pair resulting in holes in each. I am very dissatisfied with the quality of this product. I would like a refund on this defective product.

N
6:07 pm

HanesBrands - Hanes premium women’s 5pk lightweight mesh hipster

I bought Hanes Premium Women's 5pk Lightweight Mesh Hipster at Target, and at first fell in love with them - they are really thin and lightweight, fit very well. But after the first wash the elastic threads started to separate on each pair. And after a few washes one completely came off... It is quite frustrating, considering I had never had any issues like this with Hanes products before.

1:29 pm

HanesBrands - Women's basic briefs size L underpants - inferior fabric

To Hanes,
I bought a 6 pack of Women's, Hanes basic brief, size large underpants at Wal-Mart. I have purchased Hanes underwear there for years, so I thought I knew what to expect.
Upon opening the package, I noticed that the material was very thin, and very rough. I thought if I washed them, they might feel softer and more like the fabric I was used to. I was wrong. I washed them three times in total. They still feel rough like sandpaper, and they shrunk considerably. I can't wear these. The fabric isn't even good for rags.
What a total waste of money! It taught me that Hanes has lowered the quality of their product, and I must switch brands.

HanesBrands contacts