Menu
HanesBrands
reviews & complaints

HanesBrands
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

94 complaints
26 resolved 68 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by HanesBrands customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of HanesBrands. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
D
1:29 pm EDT

HanesBrands - Women's basic briefs size L underpants - inferior fabric

To Hanes,
I bought a 6 pack of Women's, Hanes basic brief, size large underpants at Wal-Mart. I have purchased Hanes underwear there for years, so I thought I knew what to expect.
Upon opening the package, I noticed that the material was very thin, and very rough. I thought if I washed them, they might feel softer and more like the fabric I was used to. I was wrong. I washed them three times in total. They still feel rough like sandpaper, and they shrunk considerably. I can't wear these. The fabric isn't even good for rags.
What a total waste of money! It taught me that Hanes has lowered the quality of their product, and I must switch brands.

L
11:46 pm EDT

HanesBrands - Hanes women's underwear: comfort stretch bikini

Dear Hanes,
I recently bought a package of Hanes Comfort Stretch bikini style underwear at Wal-Mart. I have been buying this exact item for well over ten years, and had not bought any recently because they last a long time.

This time, however, I find that all 6 pairs are thinner than before, don't fit well, and the measurements seem to have changed. They no longer fit snugly, and move around throughout the day. Why did you take a really great thing and make it really crappy? I will not be buying your underwear any longer, and will have to look for something different that provides better fit and quality. I don't know what you did to this line of underwear, but it is really terrible now.

1 comment
D
Jul 20, 2020 1:25 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

To Hanes,

E
3:49 pm EDT

HanesBrands - Shipping

I made a purchase online at one hanes place.com that totals $116.00 on may 25, 2020. I totally understand that due to the virus they will be some delays. I have called the 1-800-671-1674 to get an update on my order and the number is our of order. Today is 6/11/20 and still they haven't ship my items. My order # is order # 9000220710. I just want to know if they will ship my items or they can cancel my order.

E
11:00 am EST

HanesBrands - 4 pack of white crew neck tees

Over the weekend I spent almost 40$ on your 4 pack of white crew neck shirts to wear under my dress shirt for an interview this week. After a single wash and dry of the shirts, they came out so unbelievably wrinkly. Even after having my girlfriend iron them, the necks still remained stretched out and some of the wrinkles were still there. I have yet to even wear these shirts yet, and now I plan on not wearing them. Why would I willing put on a shirt with a bacon neck? I purposely bought Hanes with the notion you guys man quality products. I was even willing to spend around 36 dollars on only 4 T-shirt's because I figured they would be decent shirts. However not even being able to wear these once shirts, I can say I am very disappointed. If I had spent 10$ maybe I wouldn't be so mad, however I spend top dollar, thinking the dollar amount reflected your brand's standards. It is clear you are not putting into your products the time like you once did. I will not be buying again.

C
6:15 pm EDT

HanesBrands - employee assistance

I showed up at the dental office to get my teeth worked on and was told I had NO dental insurance. I presented my insurance card and was told that insurance provider's contract was not renewed, thus I was not covered.

So, I began calling my employer, Hanesbrands, Inc., to find out who is the dental coverage provider and where is my coverage card. Over the last two days I have called five times, left five phone mail messages and received ZERO return calls. I Called the main switchboard phone number and got the automated phone bot that transfers me to the people who don't return calls.

I went to their web site and the only phone number available is to the automated phone bot, no help! I looked at the corporate officers and it appears no one is in charge of Human Resources and Benefits - this is real apparent.

I am disabled and make my monthly insurance payment including dental, and need to get this resolved. Really hard to do who NOBODY will answer a phone and talk to you.

Thank You.
Cathy Rephann Dunn

T
11:44 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My daughter and I were shopping the clearance racks as a blonde haired manager (I did not get her name) was speaking to one of her workers - at an extremely high volume so everything was heard. The other girl had black curly hair and seemed young. My purchase was completed at 1:54 pm on Saturday October 12 so it would have been within a 10 minute window...

S
2:36 pm EDT
HanesBrands has left an official reply on this complaint.

HanesBrands - comfort soft waistband hipsters

I wore the really soft and comfortable comfort soft waistband hipsters size 6 for so many years. And I can't find them anywhere now. On my underwear it says, Made in Thailand RN15763 I think... Yes, I bought other hipsters, but I don't like the waistband.
Did you discontinue? Or can I buy them online, if so I can't find them. The ones I have came with a pink and grey leopard print panty.

10:29 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

HanesBrands - hanes boys comfort flex briefs

I purchased these for my son and they were deformed and didn't fit them right. I have washed them and he wore them but said that they kept moving on him and looking at them they look deformed. I can't return them because he has wore several pair and they all look deformed so I have trashed all but one pair. I hate spending money on something and they don't hold up to what there suppose to be. You can contact me at [email protected] I have purchased these before for him and he needed new and this pack was just deformed. I'm attaching pictures

View 0 more photos

Took care of the problem

J
6:35 pm EDT

HanesBrands - hanes crew sock

To whom it may concern,

I have been buying Hanes socks for years, up until my last purchase I've had nothing but good service, I purchased I believe a 12-pack something it like it was oversized pack each and every one of the socks has frayed to have like little balls all over 100% of the socks I've had the same washer same detergent same person doing my laundry for the last 10 years something in the socks is defective. I do believe compensation is in order and if I can I will send pictures along with the statement thank you

John Hedley
2580 Haverhill Rd NE
Palm Bay, FL

321-960-9642

C
8:03 pm EDT
HanesBrands has left an official reply on this complaint.

HanesBrands - hanes premium original fit mens underwear

i have been buying the same underware for about 30 years. i have never had a problem until now. the waistbands on my newest boxer briefs bought christmas 2019 on long island, ny have all expanded to the point where i cannot wear them. i saved the last 2 pairs in case you wanted to see the expansion issue. i would like a new box of briefs size 38. please advise

ps the number on the box is 9hpwg5

K
11:49 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is about a store purchase of Hans products I when to Walmart and purchased two different packages of Hans Tee Shirts. The first package of 9 shirts came with 1 shirt that had a whole in it. The second pack was your A shirt line. None of these shirts were sewn together at the shoulders. I sent 30 dollars for items that were properly inspected before...

L
10:34 am EDT

HanesBrands - women's cotton underwear

I have to buy underwear twice every time. Simply unacceptable.
Can't return underwear after it's washed. I must wash before wearing due to skin sensitivity.
I had size 8. When I needed to buy more, I bought size 8. They were too big.
Went and got size 7. They fit great, but I was left with 8 pairs of panties that were too big.
Just went and bought size 7 and they are too small. DRASTIC size difference. Now I will have to go buy size 8 and, once again, I am left with 8 pairs of useless panties that I'll have to give to someone else.
The 2 panties in the picture are both a size 7. The older pair has only been worn 3 times and they fit perfectly when they were new.
A little size consistency would be a big plus.
Thank you for your time and consideration,
D. Rau
[email protected]

Update by Lena9221
Jul 18, 2019 10:38 am EDT

I thought I was complaining to the company, not the public. Now I gotta go get a new email address.

N
9:24 am EDT

HanesBrands - t shirts

I've noticed in the past few years shirts are getting way to much fabric in the mid section and the sizes are off. For example I'm 5' 9 and about 158lb. A large is huge everywhere on me but a medium fits perfect in the chest and shoulders but barely covers my belt when standing and at the same time flairs out in the front and back making me look like a big triangle from the side. The shirts at the base literally hover a good 5 inches out into space. It looks like I'm wearing a sundress from the chest down.

S
10:13 pm EDT

HanesBrands - hanes no ride hipster underwear

Only ones ive worn for years, now made different, rides up, fit is not the same, material thinner..and got size 5 but for some reason seem big...i just purchased a 6 pack and cant wear...terrible ...what brand next I have no clue... These were the only ones that I had liked and were comfortable ...word of advice maybe make the bottom little smaller because they sometimes certain ones still ride up ...and i hope u can fix this situation it was 15$ for the pack i had bought and i cant even wear..i washed and dried them thinking maybe shrink some, and no they didnt, so cant return...

T
10:15 am EST
HanesBrands has left an official reply on this complaint.

HanesBrands - ladies cotton stretch hipster

I have worn the cotton stretch Hipsters for many years and loved them! I just purchased 2 packs from our local Walmart. They are terrible. The fabric has been changed. It is thinner and cheap! Also the sizing and the cut is different.. I'm really dissatisfied with the changes. I can't wear these at all as they are very uncomfortable. Now I stuck with a drawer full of crap! Hanes please bring back the other style!

1 comment
Sep 13, 2020 11:01 am EDT

Yeah resolved? for that customer only what about the rest of us... I can see through the new ones I bought... and yeah cheap... thanks a lot... you have no respect for your customers.. only your $ and I want things made in the usa now... china loves us so much you know...
.. even l.l. bean has bad cotton from china now... we are tired of it. it does not last like before.

R
1:32 pm EST

HanesBrands - hanes

Girls size 10 cotton panties rn 15763 # inside. I think they came in a 10 pack. Every pair ripped out. Both sides. I kept noticing them when doing laundry. Ripped underwear. Every wash. At first thought she was ripping them. She swears she's not and it's not happening to other kinds she has and she's not busting out of them, she's a very petite girl. Bonus packs aren't much of a bonus if you have to keep throwing them after a couple washes. Save your money don't buy these!

V
9:57 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Both my husband I have worn your undershirts or tanks for several years now and have always loved them. This past time we stocked up and after the first wash we are both not able to wear them anymore due to them shrinking at least 2 sizes. We have never had this problem in the past so I'm not sure if you have changed anything??? It's just a little...

7:26 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchase panties in a pack and I was very disappointed after one wear and wash and 3 pairs all the stitching came undone! Not just a little but a lot. I don't normally buy games but I figured I would try them and this happed. I don't have the receipt and wouldn't embarrass myself by taking them back to target where I purchased them. But I am truly disappointed with this product

F
3:19 pm EDT
HanesBrands has left an official reply on this complaint.

HanesBrands - mens comfort flex boxer briefs

I purchased 2 packages of 5 pair each just 2 weeks ago. Your claim is that they "dont ride up", that is incorrect. I am very dissatified with this product. They ride up so much that i have to go purchase the competion boxer briefs. I cant wear the hanes ones any longer...annoying to have to pull the legs down everytime i stand up. I want to be contacted regarding this matter.

G
5:37 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 8/11/2018 I purchased the above 2 items at Target in Palm Springs, Ca. When I opened the packages I found all the shirts and tank tops were "unfinished." All of the seams had excess threads hanging from the stitched components. The shoulder straps on the tank tops had to be trimmed of the excess thread. It appears there was no quality control in the...

HanesBrands contacts