Haier Dehumidifierwill not honor warranty

I purchased a Haier dehumidifier which failed during the 1 year warranty period. I call Haier customer service and they told me what to mail to them. I did as instructed and did not hear back. That was in May 2013. Since then I have called 7 times. They always apologize for how long it has taken. They either assure me that I will receive a voucher for a replacement in 7-10 days or that they will investigate why the delay and promise to call me within 3 days. Neither ever happens. It is now Dec. but I do not plan on giving up.

I have noted that Haier is not accredited by the BBB which I guess is for good reason. I have sent a letter of complaint to Consumer Reports and am going to contact our state Department of Consumer Protection. I suggest avoiding their products completely.