Greystarrent increase of $200 per month

Fair Housing and Rent Control should exist for apartment residents. This is not the case with Greystar Properties in Austin Texas. Lowering rates to result in occupancy and then hitting the tenant with a rent increase of $200 a month. These greedy people even went to trouble to include a list of expenses we would incur if we didn't renew. I am a 71 yr old female who doesn't want to be shuffled around every 18 months because of greed. It may be legal but it isn't fair and it certainly isn't ethical. Tired of getting ripped off in this way. Please, speak up.

James Anthony Bretney Jul 18, 2016

Positives
    1. location - near Klien Schools, near Meyer Park and St Ignatius, nice neighborhood
    2. Residents are quiet and not near as unruly as the property next door
    3. the maintenance man Ramiro is a good man.
    4. They will work with broken leases
    5. The appearance is ok

Negatives
    1) THEY TOWED MY CAR WITHOUT NOTICE OR PERMISSION (costing me $ 290 in towing, $ 55 in taxi fees, $$$$ in lost wages.) I registered my car on day 1 and was one of the first to register again in the Spring. They changed towing companies. They say they gave me notice. They say they are towing cars to prevent residents with multiple cars. I don't believe what they say neither should you.
    2) Cockroaches - I kill at least 4 a day. Multiple sprays. They blame the residents for the cockroaches. They always have plenty of excuses. This place is truly disgusting.
    3) Mold
    4) AC frequently out
    5) defective stove lamp almost burned the place down
    6) Vagrants in the neighborhood drink on the premises, panhandle and steal. These illegal alien day laborers drink all day on the property. They steal from the cars of the residents because the apartment management will not gate the property even though gates are installed. These drunks leave their beer bottles all over the place. They sleep in the laundry rooms. The night time security drives by as these dirty drunks (nobody who lives here is as dirty as these street people). The security does nothing as these drunks menace the women, children and residents as they drink and watch videos on their smart phones. I called the management and they expect me to call the police.
    7) After Cheryl left, the staff went down hill and they are all, insincere, incompetent, rude, unpleasant almost un-human people. I don't think they even care about money or ripping people off because thieves are more logical than these people. I think they are unhappy and seek to make the lives of people they come into contact with equally unhappy.
    8) they jack up the rents because they know they will get refugee residents whose rent is paid for by the US Government
    9) the laundry machines don’t work. They say they want them fixed. But they remain unfixed and no one uses them anymore.

If interested in joining me in a HUD complaint or class action lawsuit, please contact me.

James Anthony Bretney Jul 18, 2016

Positives
    2. Residents are quiet and not near as unruly as the property next door
    3. the maintenance man Ramiro is a good man.
    4. They will work with broken leases
    5. The appearance is ok

Negatives
    3) Mold
    4) AC frequently out
    5) defective stove lamp almost burned the place down

If interested in joining me in HUD complaint or class action lawsuit. Please contact me.

• Ri
    Riviera Beach Florida Jan 08, 2013

I moved to Florida in 2010. We were stuck in Woodbine in Riviera Beach not Palm Beach Gardens as they false advertise!!! We were paying 1495.00 a month for a 3-2. I was paying for a secure gated community. What a joke that was!! The fences had holes for ### to come in and out of. The gates were always broke and stuck open. My son was attacked by 3 males in front of the leasing office and te security guards. Beat unconscious!! Ambulance, Police and a parking lot full of people and not once did the security guards ever stick their head out to see what was happening! After this the property manager started a issue with me. my husband lost his job. On May 4th I still owed 300.00. I went to take it to them on the 10th and they refused it because they had already sent us for eviction!!! We received a sticker on our 2 weeks later telling us we had 24hrs to leave the premises. What ###!! Now they have ruined our credit with an eviction. We are having trouble renting!! Planning on finding a attorney and suing them. I guarantee my sons 13, 000.00 hospital bill from they will exceed their bull crap eviction!!