Govdeals.comrefund process designed to manipulate cash flow

G

In January 2018, I purchased two vehicles belonging to a Florida county through Gov Deals. Because one of them was not in the advertised condition, in fact was not drivable, the county agreed to accept its return. That's where the problems began.

Gov Deals receives and disburses all payments to sellers. All purchases over $5000 require a wire transfer so my money was in Gov Deals bank account within minutes of being transferred and within their allotted window of time.

Gov Deals takes your money but if a situation such as mine arises they make sure to DELAY an already authorized refund as much as possible. First, days go by before it is acknowledged or confirmed that a refund will be issued, in this case that took nearly two weeks.

Next, you are given a choice for reimbursement of either a wire refund or a mailed check. I chose wire and had to provide a voided check as well as instructions. Great, then you are not informed at the time that they request wires from corporate on Wednesdays ONLY. What???

Then, you are told after wondering where your refund is and emailing again, that they mail requests to corporate on Wednesdays and you should have your money by Friday or Monday of the following week.

This is cash flow manipulation, plain and simple!

I was authorized for a refund the 12th of January and will not see my refund until February 2nd or 4th, I hope.

Keep in mind that this only went forward because of my due diligence and constant requests or who knows how long this might have gone on.

My refund is still pending as of this date and we'll see what surprise is sprung on me next.

If you return an item that was not properly described by the seller who accepts the return, BRACE yourself for how long it takes to receive your authorized refund.

In my case, they have been holding my refund payment of over $5700 for 15 days and counting, with a "maybe" of a refund that extends this nightmare for another 5 days.

No matter how on top of the situation you are, they delay and delay, even though they received wired funds as payment.

Never again will I purchase anything through Gov Deals!