Got Warranty Inc. / Interstate National Dealer Servicesnot honoring warranty

Purchased a warranty with coverage 5 yrs 100, 000 mile w/ coverage of 100% parts and 100% labor w/ $100.00 deductable. My a/c locked up and burnt up the serpentine belt. I had my car taken to dealership, they claim the repair bill from dealership was unreasonable and request I take my car to where they wanted me too. Then the made the same claim with their repair shop that the cost for the repairs were unreasonable and only authorized the claim to be paid at 50%...

• Da
    David Viselli Jun 29, 2017

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BUY FROM ENDURANCE. I purchased a coverage program on April 20, 2017. It had a 30 day/1000 mi waiting period. After driving over 5000 miles (and well over the 30 days) my check engine light came on. I took it to a local repair shop and received a P2004 code. Intake manifold stuck open. I turned in a claim that was denied. They stated that it happened due to a carbon build up. They also told me that my repair facility told them the mode of failure. They never told them the mode of failure, in fact Endurance didn't want to hear what the mechanic had to say. Endurance told me it was denied, period! After several phone calls they told me that they would send an inspector out and he would be out in 24-48 hours and I would have to tear down the engine for him to inspect at a cost of $600 which I did. There was no carbon build up what so ever. Based on there first denial (carbon build up) this should have cleared up the denial issue. It didn't. The inspector never showed up. I called and asked where the inspector was and they didn't know anything about it. It is now 7 days later and I still have no car, someone showed up as an inspector today, mind you it's been 7 days. They (Endurance) have informed me that it may take several more days to come to a decision but there are several other reasons they WILL deny the claim. This has been one of the worst experiences I've ever has with customer service. #1 The intake manifold should be covered, it is stated in the policy that it is. #2 They denied the claim for a FALSE reason. #3 They have tied up a stall in a service garage for over a week. #4 There customer service manager is one rude person. #5 I was lied to about the coverage. You buy this type of coverage to offset any unexpected expenses with a used car. What would have happened if I were a Soccer mom with 4 kids and NO other transportation? What would have happened if I were in another state on vacation. Look at the reviews, 10% of the reviews are BAD ones. All the rest tell you how polite the person was that they asked a question of. I still don't have a car to drive. I would much rather have paid out of pocket to have it repaired then go thru this garbage and have it denied for a made up reason. NOW THE REST OF THE STORY It is now JUNE 26, 2017 Within hours of making this post I received a phone call from John Marinelli, he is the customer service manager from Endurance (very apologetic). He stated, “Interstate National Dealer Services is the administrator of my policy and they handle all claims for my vehicle” not Endurance. This was the first I had ever heard the name “Interstate”. Endurance sold me a substandard policy and they (Endurance) are just the broker for the sale of this policy. They stated they have nothing to do with the policy they sold me except collecting money. My claim was denied twice for completely false and made up reasons and I had to pay for a tear down of my engine to prove their denial was bogus, which it was. Beware and know they sell you a policy that may not cover failures from normal use. Interstate National Dealer Services is a company with the terrible customer service. I might add, Everything I received was from Endurance, not Interstate.

• Gw
    GWmgmt Aug 28, 2012

Dear Larry Lane,
    The contract isn't fake, and the state and federal laws that protect us for an unconditional thirty days to review paper work aren't fake either. The above customer, although claim was originally denied, used his warranty successfully, and was a pleasure to deal with.

• La
    Larry lane Jul 31, 2012

I'm glad I found this. My partner just bought this fake warranty. Now he is taking the money off his credit card so they won't steal it.

• 20
    2002Saab Jul 18, 2012

Complaint Update: Got Warranty Inc. has offered a full refund of what I have paid to date for this warranty if I drop my complaint. I advised Got Warranty Inc. I was agreeable to those terms.