Global Discovery Vacationmembership for travel

We were not told that we could not cancel our membership - this was in the fine print. The day we went to the demonstration we felt pushed into a membership right away - we could not take it home and think about it or read all of the paperwork. One of the promotions to get us to go to the meeting was a free two night three day stay at specific resorts. When I chose one they came back that I would owe $211.00 - supposedly this did not include weekend nights and one of our nights was a Friday so then we had to pay "extra". We were not told about this rule but made to believe this was just what it said-free two nights and three day vacation.
I have stopped payment and now they tell me that we will be sent to collections.