Getafreelancer.comscam

This website seemed a scam to me. They have no respect to the visitors at all.

I tried to post a project. First they say posting the first project is free.

No this is a lie...!!! They say they will refund the money later... This is a lie too. They say $ needs to be deposited.

At the checkout process all of a sudden they wnat you to deposit $10...

Plus they charge you transaction service fee...

Then you fill out the form... Give them your credit number...

Another trick!!!

After they got your credit card number address, phone... They tell you they need your cell phone number too... The reason that they made up for it is that they will need to send you a text message to verify you you're the person you tell them you're... This is a #...

First of all, I don't have to provide my cell phone number to verify myself. I might have a paid phone... I don't have to have a text messaging service on my phone either...

I wrote sent them e-mails. No one responded me. My credit card number and all my info stored in their database...

Now i've heard many bad stories about their "company policy" and poor treatment. They haven't release the money to the freelancers... They over charged to the buyers...

Warning: do not go to that website. Thay are bunch of money craving people. They will do any thing to take your money and information...

RESOLVED

• Freelancer.com's response · Jan 02, 2010

Hi there

Since no details are provided above we can't comment on the individual reports, but we encourage you to contact us below;

In regards to the first posting, posting a trial project to get bidders for your project is free. However, should you decide you wish to select a bidder, we charge 3% or $3, whatever is higher.

The request for the cellphone number is from the payment gateway (moneybookers), not us.

We have a customer support email at:
    customer-support [at] getafreelancer.com

Suspended users can still log into the support system.

Our contact details are as follows for any further followup:

Freelancer.com

Double Bay NSW 1360
    Australia

Email: legal [at] freelancer.com

jade 3980 Oct 11, 2009

Agree totally. On the 5th of this month (october 09)when I checked my credit card account online there was an unauthorized transaction from GAF for $190. I emailed them about it they said they would look into it but guess what, when I tried to follow up on it, they showed the status closed, even though the matter was not resolved. On the 10th when I tried logging into the account my account was suspended. On the 11th (today) I received an email from them saying that the milestone/escrow payment I made regarding a project I had posted before I noticed they took money from my account was cancelled and returned to me (still nothing from them as to why they took $190 from my card via Paypal on the 5th, mind you).

Here is where it gets strange. The payment was 'returned' to my account, but when I enter my login details to go to the site to see if the payment has indeed been returned, they have closed my account so I cannot login. Now, I have no means following up with them, unless I create another account, and they frown upon multiple account creation so technically I've lost something like $500 with these con artists between the $190 taken from my Paypal card for something I know nothing about and the $150 for the project I had running that they supposedly returned but have blocked my access to the account so naturally I cant get the money. They have no phone number and now I am learning the address is a fake.

Stay away from them. Deal with people whose addresses are real, customer service real and you can get a live person on the phone. They embalzon an LIVE SUPPORT button on their site but all it does is take you to their email form so their support is not live particularly when they take days on end to answer, if they bother to answer at al.

• Vd
    vdemyanenko Nov 25, 2009

I have expected to get my money ($100) at Nov, 24 but at Nov, 21 my account was blocked with no email notification. When I try to log in I see message that my account is suspended and that I should sent them scanned copy of my ID. At Nov, 22 I have sent copy but for today (Nov, 25) there are no response from getafreelancer.com

• Ga
    gafscamsite Nov 27, 2009

Getafreelancer.com is a scam site. one customer had selected us, gave us project details, kept communicating ON and OFF, kept paying ON and OFF and then suddenly disappeared for a month.

He then came back and told he wanted to continue and we were busy doing other projects. we told him it would take more man power and time and requested additional payment which is a fair business practice considering his erratic communication.

He then asked for us to complete the website for the payments he made which was 50% of what he had initially negotiated.

When we declined to continue, he silently reported to getafreelancer.com and guess what they did? they reversed payments from our account ( we curse ourselves for keeping payments there ) and sent back all the payments he made without trying to investigate who is at fault.

Make no mistake getafreelancer.com - we already started the process of finding your company and are going to take a legal course to get justice served.

these kind of unauthorized and unethical actions will not happen forever and we will spread out word to the world through internet to know that your site is a scam website that only has personal interests.

• Ni
    nikhitha Feb 04, 2010

[URL="http://hellofreelancers.hpage.com"]You should get
    LIST OF GOOD FREELANCE SITES IN THE WORLD
    FREELANCE SCAM
    FREELANCE COMMUNITY /DISCUSSION ROOM
    free coaching to develop your skill.[/URL]
    Guide &free coaching for online data entry.
    Guide &free coaching for proofreading and editing.
    Guide &free coaching for web designing.
    Guide &free coaching for article writing.
    Guide &free coaching for blogging.
    [URL="http://hellofreelancers.hpage.com"]Go here[/URL]

• Th
    theyareScammers Feb 19, 2010

Hi guys!

Yes, getaFreelancer.com is a BIG FRAUD!

Stay away, don't trust them, never-never-never send them your private info, credit card #.

They are scammers!

• SCAM, FRAUD getafreelancer and freelancer

getafreelancer and freelancer are fraud website as how they are making fool to customer

Here is the scenario

1) I have bid on one project in past I was winner for that project and it was $5000 cost

2) As soon as I was selected getafreelancer and freelancer taken $150 fees from my account

3) I had started project

4) I had worked two month for this project and client was paying me at getafreelancer and freelancer through escrow

5) I had completed project and send all source file to client and he paid me

6) After two week getafreelancer and freelancer taken back all money from my account

7) I asked support team why so? than they told me that I need to contact my client when I contact my client he said me that he paid me getafreelancer and freelancer and he was right he paid me on getafreelancer and freelancer so no question again to him

8) I ask again to support team why my balance is debited again they told me to ask my client and they said they will not help more

9) Now I lost two month work plus fees taken by getafreelancer and freelancer $150 I ask them to credit fees and they refuse to credit it

10) So here getafreelancer and freelancer making dummy project and pay to developer and taken back money as well charging for fees

11) So later I come to know the client to whom I was working its was getafreelancer and freelancer dummy client account and they are posting dummy project on getafreelancer and freelancer and just collecting fees %3 from developer

12) getafreelancer and freelancer is fraud website they are posting dummy project from their dummy accounts

13) After this I moved to ODesk and Elance they are far better then get a freelancer and free lancer

So Be aware from get a freelancer and free lancer they are fraud company

Share this scenario with others as many as developers in your group so they can not capture in getafreelancer and freelancer scam process

Thanks

• Sh
    shawats Jul 29, 2010

Here is the details how freelancer is harassing people.

They closed my account without any reason. My account had 42 reviews and 400$ in cash and $500 escrow. They took all. They are just cheater. I have all proof against them.
    First they told I have many dispute. I sent them the details that clients were not paying after getting service. So its their fault.
    Then they stopped saying about dispute. They said you have violation report. I told them to show the proof. They failed to do that.
    Then they said you have multiple account. I told them that is problem was happened 6months back. And that was solved. Then why again you harassing me.
    After that they starts replying that: The decision was taken by higher authority. We can't do anything.
    They are just a cheater.
    0 mins ago by shawats 0 Votes

Hi,
    Freelancer.com, why don't have a talk here in-front of all?? Prove you are right and I was wrong.