Geek Squadlaptop repair

N Review updated:

Totally lacking in professionalism, coordination, customer service or business sense of any type. Simply high school drop outs in white shirts with a skinny black tie. No training. No ability. A waste of time and money to even enter their store.

Beware of:
General Manager, Edwin Smith.
His name is given out by underlings often, because he simply doesn't return calls, so it doesn't matter.

Operations Manager, Todd Harmon
He was trained by Edwin at how to blame other departments.

Night manager, Zach Ferrell
He was trained by Edwin at customer avoidance skills.

• Y
      Jun 29, 2009

hi,

suggestion -copy/paste yr comment on this site as well -
    www.telloscar.com

see other best but/geek squad complaints there

• S
      Feb 09, 2010

I brought my laptap in for repair because it wouldn't connect with the WiFi network at work. I described the problem in detail. At their suggestion, I authorized a software scan, for which they charged me $70, to check for viruses. On their service order they wrote: "Client opted for DIAG to find the cause of the problem client is aware of $130 for repair if software related." After the scan, they said they found one virus, so I authorized the $130 to fix the problem, for a total of $200 paid. But when I brought the computer back to work, it STILL didn't work. Not one thing had changed. So I asked for a return of my $130. They refused and told me to call "corporate" Best Buy. I did, which took forever (three different agents, after long waits for each). Got cut off and had to start all over again. Finally got through and got the runaround. I told them I shouldn't have to pay the $130 because they didn't fix my computer. I could have bought a functioning used laptap for the $200 I paid to them for absolutely nothing! I said I was happy to eat the original $70, but thought paying another $130 for work which did NOT fix the problem was unfair. We got cut off, so I called yet again. This time I was told that only the store manager could authorize a refund. Yet the Geek Squad guy in the store had told me I had to call corporate! What a runaround!!! Total incompetence and fraud.