Geek Squad — geek squad - is a total rip off!
I scheduled a Geek Squad appointment just after Christmas to set up my wireless internet connection on my Macintosh. I waited 2 weeks for appointment.
When the day finally came my Geek Special Agent was an hour late. We were already off to a bad start as I left work an hour early to accommodate the appt.
The Special Agent spent a total of 15 minutes making the connection as I had already set up the Airport with Apple over the phone. I was charged $169. plus tax and he was on his way. The connection worked for about an hour until the computer went to sleep and I found out he hadn't locked the settings and hadn't changed the sleep mode. Since i was was not privy to his geek magic, I did not know the IP addy he used to set up the wireless on my Airport Extreme. I immediately called Geek Squad back and I was told I would receive a call to reset things. When this did not happen i called the next morning and made 2 subsequent calls until I was given appt that day at 2:40 PM. Well, the Geek never showed up. when I called back at 5PM to find out what happened, I was told the appt wasn't on record and that they would text the Geek to call me immediately. Ten days and many phone call later, I am still waiting. The Geek Squad people tell me they are only a franchise and can't help me. Best Buy, who holds the franchise, ignores my calls. I have put the payment in dispute with my credit card company and I am hiring a reputable tech company to correct the problem. The Geek Squad guarantees their work for 30 days. I am betting they are waiting for the guarantee to run out!
Meanwhile, no wireless!
More Geek Squad Complaints & Reviews
- Geek Squad - phone insurance
- Best Buy/geek Squad - tv repair took forever
- Best Buy Geek Squad - the geek squad really sucks!
- Best Buy / Geek Squad - laptop repair
- Geek Squad - expensive and dumb
- Geek Squad - repair a virus in my laptop - lost my entire data + fraud
- Geek Squad - did not replace defective part for freezer
- Geek Squad - can't fix my problem
- Geek Squad - moving old info from old microsoft hard drive to newly purchased hard drive work done with geek squad at hutchinson, mn location
- Best Buy / Geek Squad - dumb # geek squad agents!