GE Money BankMega Best Brands Card

B

I purchased a couch in April 2009 from a local store in my former town. I used my Best Brand GE card. The problem is that I prepaid all taxes foor this couch to the store and put up some earnest money on the couch too totaling $149, 00. I put the rest of what I owed on this card. I asked the clerk not to put it under same as 90 day cash. Well, I also called GE Money Bank and told them this same thing. This transaction was not to be a 90 day same as cash. So the first month was fine. I paid $69.00 on this purchase to this card. The second month I paid $49.00 toward the purchase. The third month, well guess what was on my bill, my interest was assumed for not paying off the couch in 90 days. That was the banks fault. I called them and they said the would take that off. It was not on my bill the next month. So now I am paying this bill at regular payments of $29.00 being taken out of my checking account online. By now I have gotten this bill down to $450.00 as of June 2010. I paid all the other bills on time, not late and online. Iget this phone call in September from this angry man, saying I owe $750 on this couch that I bought in June 2010 and that I need to pay for it. I went out my bill out and checked and they don't correspond with what this man said. I asked him to let me talk to his supervisor and he said no. I also told him that the call was being recorded for quality purposes and training, through GE Money and he said he didn't care. He was rude and nasty. I called GE Money Bank about this later that day and my balance was $418.93. I asked them how this man got what he did out of my account. My account was sent to a collection agency after I quit paying on it because this man kept calling me. What happened was this account went to a section where the accounts accured the interest to the 90 days, but my account was not suppose to go there. They were trying to get me to pay interest three times on the same account.

Benjoh Sep 16, 2012

I remember reading about that. She sued GEMB for the same reason I should sue.

And Stupid 34, how do you know? He might just be a Federal Agent working with the FBI or Secret Service. He may not even be a he.

• St
    stupid34 Sep 15, 2012

Don't listen to th!sman he is scammer and thief.

Benjoh Sep 15, 2012

Never thought it would happen to me. It was always other people. I am disabled, so that helps. I majored in college in Sociology Criminology in the seventies. I had to take some Political Science classes, so I know how to read law books and I do understand law. I am not an attorney and I am not a paralegal, yet I have been paralegal work on this and the other one that was dropped.
    You do not know how many collectors get on here and get real nosey. That is what I thought when you first came on. And like attorneys there is what if. Yes I am nervous, but this has to be done. If I can stand up for myself, I hope to show others that they can too. I would love to sue GECC though.

Benjoh Sep 14, 2012

What is your stanse in knowing what is going on? Are you an attorney in another state?

Benjoh Sep 13, 2012

I did this already. My court date set Oct. 30. I was planning to use my interrogatory questions in court. RE: This is the JDBC who doesn't file anything back.

Benjoh Sep 02, 2012

I suppose I am having a conversation with you. I guess you are okay. Are you okay with this? I found my paperwork and my bank statments and I am going over them with a fine tooth comb. Yes they did indeed deducted payments from my bank account illegally and I was also sending them in payments. I am checking this with my accounts file to see if I made a mistake. So far the only mistake I have made was not catching the GEMB sooner, by gee they help me get that paid off. As of February 2010, my balance which includes interest is $183.75. Which this would made sense to have it completely paid off in August of 2010. After I get this all together and on a spread sheet, do you reckon I ought to send it to the JBDC? I will of course have this notarized at my bank.
    Sorry i came at you. I am in the process of fighting another JDBC, who has not sent anything to prove that the account they have taken me to court on is mine. Tuesday, I am filing the motion to set a court date and call to get the date. They filed a suit in December 2011 with no account number. In my state, without the account number this could be anyone's account. Our Court Rules say the suit has to identify the defendant. Just merely stating that you have brought a suit agianst someone in a store's name does not prove that the account belongs to you. I guess they didn't have the account number and thought I would supply it. I do not have to do that. My reply to the Summons was "This Claim nor the affidavit has an account number on it. So this not my account."
    I have given them ample enough time to amend the account number. I sent them interrogatories and asked for documents and things along with admissions. They filed the admissions, but nothing else. I had to file the motion to compel back at the beginning of July and their 30 days are up on that. So it is time to set the court date so I can persuade the Honor Judge in this matter to force them to compel or dismiss with prejudice. The other cause was dismiss by the Plaintiff's attorney in that if this went to trial he won't be an attorney in this state any more. Plaintiff does not own that particular account. This attorney does. It would be very hard for him to show their claim and prove their claim, because I kept all my paperwork that this attorney's office sent me and nowhere had anything I had ever been sent had the Plaintiff's name on it.

Benjoh Aug 29, 2012

You should not have posted the way you did. You did not help by saying I had not paid my bills or even thinking that I didn't. Shame on you. For matter of fact I have already done what you said way before you said it. That was before I even posted here. I do stand my ground and still won't be intimidated by the bottom feeders or even those on the top. I was not picking a fight with you, but to say I had this complaint, but sometimes people feel that they may have the same story and they come here to ask questions. I did not ask a question. I made a statement. Also I have had other complaints with this same company GECC on other accounts. Their people just do not know how to enter payments in the system or their computers stay down alot, especially right at time to pay the bill online.

Benjoh Aug 26, 2012

This man, this is none of your business. I would not want to have to get a court order to find out who you are and then have to sue you for threatening me. Oh and I can have FDCPA look at this and tell you the same thing. Look I am a success person at what i do and it is going after junk debt buyers and other people so if you don't mine keep your comments to yourself. Most of these bottom feeders do not have all the information they say they have or they would send it all on request within the thirties days they have to prove themselves. If they donot send all the items requested then they will be liable in court. I just will not pay someone who screwed up an account and I want be intimidated either.

Benjoh Aug 24, 2012

My account was sent to collections (third party). I just happen to see my GEMB folder and to my surprize this very account was paid of in August 2010. How could GEMB take a credit and turn it into a debt? I am either going to file a lawsuit on GE and the Collection agency or if the collection agency will accept what I have on file that they can't get, then I will sue GECC for a scam.