Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Collection Agencies GC Services employees don't know how to do their job!

GC Services review: employees don't know how to do their job!

J
Author of the complaint
12:00 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was contacted by GC Services regarding a Citibank account that my husband and I had. They offered a settlement amount to us and we spoke to the company that handles my husband's 401K account to withdraw what we needed. We were able to get all but about $360 of what the settlement was, so we counter offered GC Services. The manager of the collections department (or so she said she was) supposedly contacted Citibank and our offer was accepted. We made the payment in March for the counter offer. We were still getting bills from Citibank, so I contacted GC Services again. They informed me that the settlement offer had expired and because we had still needed the extra $360, the account could not be settled and closed. When I told them what had happened, they informed me that the GC Services employee I was dealing with had been terminated from employment and there was no record of this counter settlement. They wouldn't tell me why she was terminated and wouldn't fix the account. I found the letter that I received and contacted them back. I didn't have access to a copy machine and no transportation to get access at the time so they told me to mail the original letter to them. MY MISTAKE! Now they are claiming they never received the letter and I no longer have proof of the counter offer being accepted. So now I am in a battle with them.

More GC Services complaints & reviews

GC Services - scam collections!
GC Services - unwarranted letter to me
GC Services - false impression
GC Services - harassing me
7 comments
N
Apr 11, 2008 8:00 pm EDT

i totally agree that GC services are crooks... I've paid three fines through them and they still send me notices that I haven't paid them they are crooks and liars

C
Dec 13, 2007 11:05 pm EST

GC Services are complete crooks. An unpaid traffic ticket went into collection with them and they wanted $991 on a court fine that was $150. They said that paying the ticket to them was the only recourse to lift the license suspension. It wasn't, so I discovered. All I had to do was contact the court, make an appt to see the judge and get the suspension lifted until the hearing. I ended up paying $150. GC Services marked up 900% on that ticket! They are crooks! And they tried the same thing with a girlfriend telling her she had to pay them $1100 but she went to the court and only had to pay $110.

J
Sep 06, 2007 7:05 pm EDT

Of course they get a commission, the difference is, they get paid whether you pay your bill or don't pay your bill. The liars that lie? HMMM, I wonder what you would call it when you sign a contract agreeing to pay someone money & then not paying it back... the American Way? It is jack offs like you that keep collectors employed... for a long time, with a good paycheck.

T
Aug 24, 2007 10:51 pm EDT

GC doesn't get a return on the accounts they successfully collect? Their "account managers" don't get a commission? Give me a break. More lies from liars that lie.

N
Aug 08, 2007 8:48 pm EDT

GC Services are not crooks... their clients are close to being crooks for borrowing money and not paying it back. GC Services does not buy debt... all the money you send goes to the original creditor.

G
Jul 26, 2007 8:39 pm EDT

You were screwed, i have seen it a lot if you choose to proceed part of the computer system they use records all letters sent / all you have to do is get the records released and if a settlement was ever entered into the account there would be record of that to:

UNLESS they told you to pay the settlement by a date and you just paid them hoping it would work then its on you... (that happens more of the time).

M
Jul 26, 2007 1:57 pm EDT

GC Services are a bunch of crooks. Most collection agencies are in one way or another. NEVER agree to anything or sign anything, even if it is over the phone.

If you want to pay off a debt, contact the original creditor and see if you can them directly instead. You should NOT have sent them the letter. They are NOT your friend and they do NOT have your best interest at heart.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

87 complaints