Garmin International Logo

Garmin International

Having problems with Garmin International?

1800 18 860 019 (Phillipines)
800 886 1072 (Singapore)
+1 913 397 8200 (United States)
+1 503 391 3411 (USA & International)
+44 238 052 4000 (United Kingdom)
+32 26 725 254 (Belgium)
+45 48 105 000 (Denmark)
+358 19 311 001 (Finland)
+351 214 447 460 (Portugal)
+27 112 519 999 (South Africa)
+82 221 415 855 (South Korea)
1200 E. 151st St.
Olathe, Kansas
United States - 66062-3426
Additional Office, United States
2345 Turner Road SE, Salem, OR 97302

Garmin (Europe) Ltd.
Liberty House, Bulls Copse Road, Hounsdown Business Park, Southampton, SO40 9LR, UK

Garmin (Asia) Corporation
No. 68, Zhangshu 2nd Road, Xizhi Dist., New Taipei City 221, Taiwan

Australia
30 Clay Place, Eastern Creek, NSW 2766

Belgium
Pierre Dupontstraat 165, 1140 Brussels, Belgium

France
Immeuble Le Capitole, 55, avenue des Champs Pierreux , 92012 Nanterre Cedex, France

Netherlands
Bramenberg 9-3, 3755 BT Eemnes, Nederland

South Africa
Office 802 - 8th Floor, 11 Cradock Avenue, Rosebank, Johannesburg, 2196

UAE
AMIT, P.O. Box: 1633, Deira, Dubai, U.A.E

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved questionable ethics and customer service

I had placed an order for the Garmin Nuvi 760. Within a couple of days of placing the order I got a call from this gentelmen stating I would need a charger for my Navigator and there were several types to choose from anywhere from $40 - $80 additional. I was turned off by this and stated I was all set. He then preceeded to tell me that the order was on back order for approx. 3 weeks or so. I found this a little odd for a new product but whatever.
Now it's approx. 3 weeks time and I called and got the rudest customer service guy you could imagine. I said I'd like to check on the status of my order. He said "It's on BACKORDER" I said that I knew that but approx. how much longer would I have to wait. He stated "BACKORDER IS BACKORDER" and "NO" he could not tell me anymore information. Typically when a company orders products, they know the status of their product and can track the time, etc. I am not convinced that I was even getting a new product with the response I got and for waiting three weeks with no one able to give me an update. I said to the gentlement "So much for nice customer service" and hung up on him. I immediately wrote a compliant on their website and canceled my order. I'm getting my navigator in a couple of days from another company. I hope more people post as they deserve to go out of business acting the way they do.

Resolved Bait and switch scam

I purchased the Garmin nuvi 265WT GPS online because it was about $50 less than other online sites. I received an email with an instruction to call an 800 to confirm the order. I called the number and spoke to a rep named Paul who told me I needed the memory card if I needed to update the map. I declined to purchase the card. He confirmed my shipping address and told me the GPS will be shipped in a couple of days.

I received an email a day latter indicating that they are out of stock of the GPS, and it would take 3 to 4 weeks for the backorder. I went back to the retailer's Website and I noticed the GPS is still available for sale only this time with even lower price, but no indication that the retailer is out of stock of the GPS. I went and canceled my order online since I don't expect the product to be shipped to me.

I had a similar experience with another online retailer named Closeout Genius who sold the same model for a lot less. Closeout Genius also emailed me to call it to confirm the order. When I called, its rep tried to sell me a memory card. When I declined to buy the memory card, I received an email after I hang up the phone saying that my order has been canceled without a request from me to cancel the order.

It seems that Camera Giant and Closeout Genius are using similar tactic to lure customers to purchase their products with low prices, then they ask customers to call to confirm their orders. When customers call, they try to sell more products, but when customers decline to buy more products, they either delay the shipping or in the case of Closeout Genius, cancel the order without being asked.

I noticed there are not many complaints with Camera Giants, but if it continues to conduct this kind of tactic, I expect more complaints like Closeout Genius.

• Mh
    mh2ke Jul 25, 2011

Purchased a Garmin 265WT as a gift for my wife in February 2011. It was used fewer than half a dozen times before it failed in June 2011 leaving us stranded in New Jersey. Turned the GPS off when we stopped for lunch. When we turned it back on an hour later, the screen looked like an abstract painting. This unit has never been abused, dropped, jarred or misused in any manner. Garmin has catagorically denied warrenty service claiming the LCD screen is damaged and that LCD screens are not covered under warranty. There is nothing in the warranty that comes with the product that exempts LCD screens from warranty service.

Resolved non-performance/scam

I made an online purchase on November 25, 2008. Pleanty of time to receive a great deal on a Garmin Nuvi GPS with delivery in time for a Christmas present for my daughter. I received a call from Sammy on the 26th (extension215) to please return a call. I did, only to discover Sammy was trying to add a memory card (which was not needed) for a very inflated price. Then he wanted to sell extended warranty, which I also declined. I waited another week before checking on my shipment. You cannot eamil them, but you can track your order online; however my order was still listed as processing. I called several times and was put on hold for very long periods, from 20 minutes up to an hour. I was told each time they were waiting on a shipment from the factory. Finally, after a long wait (again) on December 19th that the order would not be in in time for a Christmas delivery. I purchased the product elsewhere and paid for next day air shipping to receive by Christmas. I decided to leave the order intact to see where it went, and as of January 5, 2009 the order is still being processed. I called again(at 10 AM as they do not open until 9:30), waited for 20 minutes and was told I had to call back at 11 AM to speak to someone in customer service. I seem to think that the reason the order is not processed is because I use Amex which protects against scams. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM BIGCAMERADEALS.COM

fraud

FRAUD --- Guy did an "up-sell", lying to close the deal. Received the "kit", unit didn't work and wa...

Unauthorized charges on credit card statement

I made two recent purchases from Garmin International: an updated map program (2009), and an adapter cord for my GPS. In each case, when my credit card statement came in, I discovered that Garmin had tacked on $.50 to their charge. The amount may seem tiny, but when you multiply it by millions of consumers, it's not so tiny anymore. I have tried to contact them, but all I get is voice mail and they never return my call.

Backorder

Similar complaint as someone else on here. They listed a great price on the GPS, so I ordered one.
They sent me an email saying I had to call them for security reasons. On the phone they tried to sell me lots of accessories for the GPS. When I said no, I received an email saying it would be 4 weeks because it was back ordered. I called them and they said it would be two weeks. I called a second time and they said it would be another five weeks before they would ship anything.
I told them to cancel the order.
I am convinced this place is just a scam.
Good Luck!

fry's electronics: horrible repair warranty

After more than two months, 9/8/2007 to present (11/1/6/2007), I'm still waiting for the return or replacement of my Garmin Nuvi 350 from Fry's Electronics' service department. Numerous calls and in-store visits didn't help. The service reps are probably the rudest, in person and on the phone. This was my first foray with Fry's extended 3-year service warranty. What a horrible deal and experience! I would have been better off without the Fry's warranty. Garmin would have shipped me the replacement within 2 to 4 weeks.

Two weeks ago, I bought a 50" Plasma TV from another store. Never again at Fry's!!!

I paid my money for a product that does not work

I bought 2 x160c color fishfinders for my local boat shop . I have used them 5 times and every time I use them the screen goes blank . You have to switch it off and on again than they work for 20min and same problem accours . They do not hold there settings that have been programmed.So went back to my dealer who than phoned Avic trading agents for Garmin SA . They keep saying they don't have stock.So I asked for my money back. Avic Trading Garmin SA said ask your dealer.and he is saying he is getting no support from Trading Garmin SA. So now I have to buy another brand or wait for another month or longer for replacement. What now guys I paid my money for a product that does not work.

Dean

April 23, 2018
    Serial Number: 4MQ177017
    CCAJ16LP1270T9
    PLG. ID: 2433 No: 45111/SDPP/2016

Blank can not turn on after use for a race for 14 hours.
    This item was good during the race but after race, I can not turn on.
    What I can get for this complaint?
    I can send back this unit and get the replacement or Garmin can fix it.

Thanks

• De
    Debbiesmith0414 Aug 29, 2018

Bought this for my daughter for a X-Mas present. Worked great for approximately two weeks and at that point stopped working. Store won't take the item back and I am out $80.00. Spent way too much time on Garmin website trying to find a solution and cannot find a number to contact them directly. Must add I am really not happy with purchase at all.

Jackie37 Jul 01, 2019

Hello i placed an order for this item in june. Received delivery today but it wasn't the item i ordered instead i received a gucci scarf . Please could you send my original item for the Garmin watch as stated asap as I've paid over £35 for the watch Garmin vivo active 3. And would like it replaced a.s.a.p.

Thanks