Game Stores South Africa / Game.co.zacustomer service

T Nov 16, 2018

To whom it may concern
Hello
My complaint is about your Game store at Gateway, Umhlanga. It is a two-fold. The first part is as follows:
I purchased a combo deal advertised by game consisting of a TV; Mini Hi-Fi and OVHD. Upon purchasing I was told the Hi-Fi was out of stock and Id be called to come back and collect it. When I went to collect it on (2018/11/15) I was initially told it was out of stock but when I asked why I had been called to collect it I was moved from pillar to post before being made to wait for about 15 (fifteen)minutes before it was handed to me. Upon attempting to leave the store I was told I could not leave as a manager would have to give me some documents to sign first. Numerous calls were made by the security guards to try and locate a manager while I waited for 45 (forty five) minutes before I could be assisted. When I queried why I hade been made to wait for so long, I was informed the manager informed me that he was new and that had he been called out to assist he would've done so immediately.

The second part of my complaint relates to your call centre. On Monday (2018/11/12) I called for the second time to close my Game store account card. I was informed that I would receive an e-mail within 48 hours confirming that my account was closed since my account is settled in full. On Thursday (2018/11/15) I called and spoke to a man (Goellier-not sure of spelling) I enquired why I hadn't received the e-mail confirming that my account was closed and I was informed that there was no record on the system stating that I wished to close my account. He did promise to send an e-mail to the closures department but with the service I have received thus far I have no faith in anything to do with Game at this point.

I am deeply annoyed and disappointed by the lack of service I received at your gateway store. I walked into the store at 14:00 to collect one item and walked out of the store at 15:20 with throbbing legs and whole lot of irritation.

I would like for your senior management to deal with the managers who ought to have been at the front of the store assisting. I'm not sure how your internal policies work but that kind of behaviour is completely unacceptable. It was this store that advertised something that was out of stock and still punishes me for coming to pick up something that should've been there in the first place.

I would also like someone to ensure that my request to have my Game store account closed is finally adhered to because I will NOT pay another cent toward it should any costs accrue.

Regards