Frontier AirlinesCustomer service

Terrible customer service relating to elderly/disabled passenger. Recently booked a trip DEN/MCI with my elderly mother who needs an aisle seat. The route did not offer the "Classic" fare, so no advance seat assignments were permitted. When I tried to check in online 24 hours in advance, could not check in for my mother because we had a "meet and assist" request. When I tried to call reservations to get the seat assignment (should have been a simple request), the phone system does everything it can to discourage you from talking with a real person. Was put on hold for 30 MINUTES just to talk with an agent. When the agent finally answered, she was VERY unhelpful and uncaring. Put on hold another 10 minutes to talk with supervisor. Supervisor told me that I should have booked the more expensive Classic fare if I wanted seat assignments (apparently without checking to see if it was even available). Tried to tell me I would have to wait until check-in at the airport. Finally got my mother an aisle seat, but unfortunately it's seven rows away from my seat assignment!

• Na
    Nancy Hadam Aug 12, 2008

Use your miles-forget it. We tried to get information for months on when we could book our tickets to Alaska for next Spring. They continually told us to call back. This went on for two months. Finally, we gave up and tried to book our flights to New York in December and found that it was too late. Thanks to the misinformation from Frontier and the blackout dates, we had to purchase all of our tickets for both trips although we have 50, 000 miles. I wrote a letter to the Frontier CEO requesting resolution. We received a letter back thanking us for our "feedback". I have called the person who signed the letter, early returns, consumer affairs (which is really customer service) and the Administrative Assistant to the CEO. I've written another letter. I want a complete and just explanation of their bad service and a resolution to my problem. I am thoroughly disgusted with Frontier, am canceling my cards and transferring my miles.

• Fe
    Ferdinand Lasinski Mar 29, 2010

Flight initiated in Austin was 1 hr late. Due to a tight connection in Denver, I requested to be placed on the United flight which was on-time. The agent assured me that I would have 20 minutes to make my connection in Denver. After arriving in Denver in gate 4, the greeting agent advised that my Albuquerque flight was departing from gate 64. Arriving at gate 64, the flight had left. I stood in customer service line for 90 minutes. They placed me on a 5pm flight. The scheduled visit to Albuquerque was a day trip. Frontier refused a refund. The flight was booked through Expedia - it offers no customer service, but that is another matter.

• Kp
    kpod Apr 15, 2010

If you have an option, don't fly Frontier! It's the worst airline I've ever flown in the past 20 years. The connection time between flights is short, and if you miss your 33 minute connection due "to weather" they don't even pay for your hotel overnight! Not to mention that they close the gate - even though you are connecting on their valid connection - and even though the plane is still there they can't do anything.
    In fact, of all the 8 service reps I talked to throughout my 1 day miserable stay over at Denver airport, noone could do anything.
    Lame, lame, lame!
    I will never fly them again.

• Bo
    boxFrontier Jul 23, 2010

Wow, what a joke of a bank. Barclays Bank's customer service department is by far THE worst I have encountered. I am surprised Frontier Airlines has not moved on to a different bank to administer the frequent flier credit card offer. The customer service at the bank is the worst I have ever experienced.

If I did not love Frontier Airlines and want the mileage credit I would have dumped Barclays Bank long ago.

Seriously, I do not understand how a company (Barcays) can stay in business with the poor customer service, lack of follow through, incompetent employees, not well-trained employees on their own products (e. g. stating they don't offer a "Pay Pass" credit card through Frontier Airlines, when they do!!!), weak supervisors, not calling back within 24 hours as they state a manager will do and managers not even aware of what the problem is.

This goes back to mid-May when I was sent a new credit card because I was "upgraded" to a better card. Two months later and nearly 30 phone calls and I don't have resolution and continue to get incompetent customer service employees who give me incorrect information and do not seem to care to fix the situation. Stay clear of getting one of these cards if you can help it. (I read the negative post by a person who "was roped" into one there at the Denver Airport.)

I am so disappointed in this product, Barclays Bank, any Barclays cards, especially the Frontier Airlines Barclays MasterCard, the incompetent call center they use in Manila, the uniformed bank customer service personnel in the U.S. who do not follow through and seem uninterested in helping, Frontier Airlines.

There are other better choices out there. Be aware - Mike

• Co
    collegekid12 Aug 04, 2010

i got off work at 11pm, i just so happen to work at a call center so i know the ins and outs. Frontier has YET to answer the phone and this call has been on hold for 40 minutes! I work with visa credit/debit cards and i gaurantee we have many many more calls incoming than this place. Just based on their call center i will never fly frontier again. EVER

• La
    Laura Ortiz Sep 27, 2011

We had booked a flight on Frontier but had accidentally booked the flight for AM instead of PM. After calling and being on hold for 96 minutes we were told that to change the flight would cost 3X what the tickets were worth but that Frontier offered what they called "same day exchange". We were told to call at midnight on the date of our flight and they could change the flight, as long as their was availability, for a $50.00 charge...that seemed fair to us. We called at 9pm and spoke to Tanya to check availability and were told that there was plenty of seats and we should have no problems changing and we should stay up and call at midnight. We called at midnight and the nightmare began. Sean, the rudest representative I've ever spoken to, told us that we needed to call US Airways to release the ticked and he could not help us. We proceeded to call US Airways, they told us that the ticket had been released three days prior. We called back and after a 30 minute hold were told that we could only change the ticket at the airport, not over the phone. This was the first I had heard this and the airport was an hour away, I asked to speak to a supervisor to which I was told there was no supervisor but I could stay on hold for two and a half hours until one would be available. I asked her if there was anything else she could do for us since we had now spent close to 3 hours on the phone and had received a different story each time we called. She put me on hold and 22 minutes later a "supervisor" came on the line (after one not being available 22 minutes earlier). Mia, the supervisor, told me that we were the ones that "screwed up" the reservation in the first place and that it wasn't her fault that she couldn't do anything for me, she didn't know why I was given false information from 4 people previous to her about changing the ticket over the phone but is wasn't her problem. She said that her shift was almost over and she had to end the call and hung up on me.

• I will never, ever, ever fly frontier airlines ever again. My first time ever, I'm on plane right now doing the boarding. I guess you get what you pay for is their "motto", but then again they make you pay for everything. The seats are tiny, the rows are made for a person who stands only 5 ft tall, the food tray if thats what I want to call it is half the size of a normal tray. Spend the extra money fly JetBlue, SWA...big mistake wish me luck onto Vegas I go

• Pa
    Padma Jun 03, 2016

Worst customer service ever. Tried to rebook a Frontier flight, because they won't let me do it online. I had to cancel a previous flight and now have to use that money on a new flight:. On hold on phone for 45 minutes on 2 occasions;. (between last night and this morning)|. Wish I could sue them for my wasted time!. And have to listen to their commercials instead of some music'. No more Frontier for me'.

Why do they say "no change fee" when they charged $50 for the change;. Guess they are trying to copy SW airlines but not quite!

• Jk
    jkramergirl Dec 20, 2017

Used 40000 miles for one ticket when there credit card application CLEARLY indicates 40000 is for two tickets. They have different wording on their website for travel then the one for the credit card. The personnel on the plane also stated that the 40000 miles is for two round trip tickets. When contacting them they keep referring to their other website and say they must be fair to all travelers. Fair would be providing the two tickets they indicted both on the flight and on their site as agreed. They refused to provide the ticket I needed unless I agreed to letting them use all 40000 points. I have copies of the website showing it was for two round trip tickets but they will do nothing. This is not the first incident with Frontier. I've had a couple of flights cancelled and been told to vacate the airport because it was closing and there were no other flight options even the next day. While this airline is capable of providing good service when they want too they have shown a tendency to not care at all about customer service and following through on an agreement. No one should be subjected to being left stranded with no other options or to have to be subjected to misuse of earned miles.