Friendly's Ice Creamclosing early

D Nov 27, 2017 Review updated:

My husband and I went to the Stoneham location last night 11/26/17. We go to this restaurant a lot once or twice a month. When we got to the restaurant at 9:40 the door was locked and the chairs were up on the table. We pulled on the door and it was locked. We looked at the sign on the door and it said that they close at 10:00 on Sunday. So I tried I knocked on the window to get someone's attention. They looked at us and turned around To Ignoring us they should have come to the door and apologize for closeling early.

•   Nov 27, 2017

No., They don't need to do anything. Maybe if you would have gotten to the restaurant an hour or so BEFORE closing time and not TWENTY MINUTES prior, you would have probably got serviced. Instead, you wanted to be rude and show up twenty minutes before closing. Then you have the nerve to complain about it. They should be complaining about you!!! You have no regard for other people! You and your husband are just a selfish!

•   Nov 27, 2017

Once a door is locked, they will not open it. NO business will for security and safety reasons. They probably were slow as hell so they closed early. Too bad so sad. Go to Walmart and buy some damn ice cream.

•   Nov 27, 2017

@Wine Is Good Exactly. The OP thinks that they are God's Gift to the World or something. Who goes to a restaurant 20 minutes before they close and expect the best service? My God, the trite things people complain about on here. It's so sad. You are correct, they shouldn't have even batted an eye to that and just went to Wal Mart and got ice cream. It's just ice cream!! Oh, for Pete's Sake.

• P
      Nov 27, 2017

They may have been short-staffed or had an emergency that required them to close sooner. Closing twenty minutes before advertised however is barely early.

• C
      Nov 29, 2017

Why are you going to a restaurant 20 minutes before closing? Once you realized they were closed, why were you knocking on their windows? What is wrong with you? THEY WERE CLOSED! As pointed out, there are a variety of valid reasons for why they may have closed a little early. Going to a restaurant 20 minutes before close is inexcusable anyway, as you cannot possibly order, receive, consume, pay and be out by close.

• D
      Dec 10, 2017

I have to agree!! Anyone that goes to a restaurant 20 minutes before closing and has the audacity to knock on the window, deserves to get their food spit on...haha;))