Freebeegas.comNon-compliance with rebate

L

I purchased a Rainbow vacuum (over $2400.00) in August, 2008 (from dealer in Las Vegas, NV). Part of the promotion was that I would received $400.00 in gas vouchers, to be redeemed at $25.00 per month for a period of 16 months. So far I have I mailed in $100 per month in gas receipts (per the terms of FreeBeeGas.com) for the months of August and September, but have never received a voucher. My gas code is AD42641500. Currently I am out $50 in gas vouchers. I am ready to turn in my receipts for October but am highly suspicious that I will not receive any voucher based on this company's performance for the last 90 days.

• Je
    Jennifer Nov 02, 2008

My husband and I went to listen to some spiel about "vacation deals" and were suppose to receive "FREE GAS"...$25.00 per month for 16 months and have only received one month. I have not received anything for the month of September!! I would like to know if this is a scam or not? Very frustrated!!

• Je
    Jeanie Nov 02, 2008

My son and I went to purchase a used car at some great Liquidation Sale in Clarksville MD..The entire situation was a scam. First we received this key in the mail..Top prize. Our winning number was a $300.00 gas card. I registered sent in $100.00 worth of receipts from Shell gas station listed on the post card. This is November 2 and we still have not received the $100.00 gas card. It would n't be so bad if this was the only scam...The car dealership also tried to sell my son a car for $18, 000 and I found the same car advertised on line for $12.999. We went through all this only to be scammed twice. I am also going to contact my states attorney about the scams. Reading this has been very helpful to me...Thanks a million.

JodaloK Nov 06, 2008

Yes big ripoff. Wish i would have googled them before I sent in my money. And wasted my time sending in gas receipts.
    They gave runaround on telephone and blocked my emails.
    Never recieved anything from them. Sent in gas receipts for June, July, August, and September, I think its time to call it quits on this companys SCAM.

janis Nov 17, 2008

My husband and I went to a place in P.A. and listened and toured for time shares. We were given a $300.00 "Free Gas" post card to receive $25.00 a month for a year. I enrolled and I have been sending receipts on time every month since June '08 and I have not received a thing!! I have been calling every month the first time I got through(August) and they said they had an overwhelming response to this offer and I was assured that I would receive my cards in September. Well September came and went and no cards and I am not able to get anyone but a recording to leave my name which I have 5 times and no call backs!!! Is this a scam?

• El
    ellen egglefield Nov 18, 2008

i have not received my gas card, therefore i can't send in my receipts. I mailed the form for the gas redemption voucher 10-14-08 Where is my card?

• Gr
    grace woo Nov 20, 2008

i have not received my gas card, i try to call but only the recording this is a scam

• Ka
    K.Anderson Nov 22, 2008

I have had the same problems with this company. I have sent in all my receipts on time and have not received a penny in return! I e-mailed them and they said I would get them next week, that was a month ago! I had to pay $5 for processing also! Does any0ne have any ideas on how to get my free gas cards? Who can I report this fraudulent company to? Money is very tight for me and my family and that $5.00 plus all the postage could have went to better places!!

• La
    Larry Dowdy Nov 27, 2008

Gas Vouchers !! SCAM written all over it, along with possibillity of IDENTITY THEFT ! ! August, September, October have gone by, NO VOUCHERS, NO return calls, NO responses to the three letters I have sent them. Has Anyone besides me thought about contacting Florida Attorney Generals office???

• Gl
    glenn roaden Dec 01, 2008

same story...i think we've all been scammed.
    i've sent in receipts for july, august, september, and october...no monies rec'd back.

sure looked legit !!!

if too good to be true...then it probably is

i feel stupid for wasting all my time

• Bo
    Bonnie Mueller Dec 15, 2008

I have won a 150.00 of free gas card for 25.00 gift for 6 month. I have pay 5.00 for 6 month. I started to send in every month since August and have not receive anything back from them. I wonder if this is a scam or not. I will be calling this afternoon to see if this will work. Please get back to me soon. It kinda make me very angry and disappointed.
    Bonnie

joseph peck Jan 05, 2009

same story about freebeegas they owe me$105.00 so far. sent emails and phone calls with the same results.zippppp.

• Sh
    Sherwin Mehagr Jan 23, 2009

They are not sending out gas Gift Cards in return for recieved gas reciets and can not be contacted.

• St
    steve Feb 01, 2009

I have the same complaint. I was lucky to receive three cards which were not accepted because the gas station says the are not validated. I tried to get them " validated " no luck. I vote for scam !!!

Chatty Kathy Feb 05, 2009

This is a scam. We need to submit a class action lawsuit.

• Cr
    CRYSTAL G. Feb 11, 2009

I'm also waiting to receive at least one check from this company. They owe me for the months of Aug.08- Jan.09. The [protected] number is disconnected and i never received an email response..

• Sh
    Shannon Steadman Feb 12, 2009

I bought a service with Travel TO GO at one of their sales things. They had an incentive of $300 in free gas. I have received nothing. I received emails from FREEBEEGAS every month saying my paper work was received and in order. Month after month I called. They said the last time I called that their computer problems were corrected and my 6 cards would be mailed jan 1. I have received nothing and now their phone number is disconnected and all my emails are returned as undeliverable. They used the mail for this fraud. Does anyone know what state department to contact for criminal charges. This companies who give these things out as incentives should be at fault also.

• Ri
    Richard Vincenti Feb 16, 2009

I am no different than all others that have been taken-in by this scam. I donated a truck with snow plow and I was promised a $25.00 gas gift card for every $100.00 spent on Hess Gas. I strickly adhered to all rules and faithfully every month sent them $100.00 in Hess Gas receipts since October-2008 through February-2009.
    In addition, my last two mailings were sent return receipt mail, because I had questions as to when I would receive my gift cards. I have received the green cards back signed, but to date we haven't received anything else, no gift card, no correspondance of any type. Not even a letter of appologie of some type. I would like to know what can I/WE do? This scam involves the US Mail and the internet. I would think that the US Postal Service or the Attorney General for the State of Florida should be able to better assist us in this scam.

• Li
    Lillian White/s fuller Feb 18, 2009

I do think that the company that use this Freebee Gas company should be held liable as well. They are the ones that promote Freebee Gas (i.e. Ashley Furniture Store) and have a business contract with them. As stated above they are using the Federal Goverment as an aid for their scam as well. Something really need to been done.

patriot Feb 20, 2009

I agree. I also am a victim of this scam. Why can't someone do something to protect innocent people from such scams?

• Sp
    sparky366 Feb 22, 2009

another unhappy person with the same problem i have not recieved any gas cards either.

• Sg
    Sgt Scum Feb 26, 2009

Just found this under Freebiegas.com and gasolineredemptioncenter.com, which all seem to be controlled by this Tidewater Marketing. Have not followed the online directions, but will soon. Might be worth it, worst they can do is say NO. Looks like these gas redemotion centers have been seized by FL Attorney General. Here's the website: http://www.gasolineredemptioncenter.com/gasrebate/

Don't think it was a scam. I received a $300 voucher for a 1.5 hour travel group sales pitch. In the process I did receive 3-$25 gas cards. Think they got in over their heads and could not make this venture work. Sounds like Wall Street, banks, auto makers, etc!!!

• Gr
    gregory mcknight Mar 26, 2009

I went to car dealership in florence SC and was suppose to have won 300 in free gas once i mail in 25.00 fee which i did back in aug of 08 I have been sending in my 100.00 gas reciets every month since nov 08 have not recieved my gas voucher

• Do
    donna Mar 31, 2009

THIS IS A SCAM !!! We SENT $45.00 and sit thru a 2hr. timeshare presentation. They do not sent you a $25.00 gas voucher and soon your envelope and reciepts will come back to you!!!

• Co
    Conned Apr 02, 2009

I am too in this same boat and now am out of $5.00 and my envelope has been returned to me stamped "refused unable to forward". After multpile emails requesting answers I received an email stating "transferring to a new system and cards will be mailed within a few weeks"...then my emails started coming back as undeliverable. I am so disappointed as I went to a reputable car dealer who was offering this deal and now I feel as though I was taken adavantage of by this company and the dealer. Can you imagine the thousands of people who have been scammed and the money made by these thieves...

Paula Apr 04, 2009

They went one step further with me!!! @ months now I've gotten my envelope back, mind You UNOPENED, UNABLE TO FORWARD!!! I've been sending them in each month since November and going out of my way to buy gas about 20 miles away, paid a registration fee and on top of it All my stamps and envelopes wasted!! Somebody needs to Report this to the Better Business Bureau!! If I knew how to go about it I SURE WOULD!!!

patricia harvin Apr 21, 2009

my name is patricia harvin this free gas give away was a scam . i mail in gas receipt and never got any gas card i call to find what happen to the gas cards i was suppose to got in the mail never get also they took money out of my account .the business change their phone and i never got anything . how this company lied like they did and rip people off had people thinking they was running ascam why they had people thinking that they was telling the truth but they told one lie after another and rip people off i hope you allthat was responsibile go to jail it was wrong for this company to do this what a bunch of crooks and i hope the law come after who ever had something to do with ripping people off. this phone that they gave us is no longer working that number was1-[protected] . iwant my money back and the gas card i was suppose get. and if i don't any gas card or any my money back i hope these people get what coming to them . because they did a lot of people wrong. thank you.

• To
    toogoodtobetrue Jun 02, 2009

I have sent in 6 months worth of receipts. I sent in $5.00. They have closed down the phone number and they do not respond to my emails. The bad thing is they want the ORIGINAL receipts. I need them for IRS. Second, they are MAKING MONEY, not sending out money off of all of us. I have not received any of my receipts back. I wish I would, along with my $5.00.

• To
    toogoodtobetrue Jun 02, 2009

SCAM was written all over it and all of us with trusting souls fell for it. So much for integrity. FREEBEEGAS.COM took all my ORIGINAL receipts which I needed for tax purposes. They also took $5.00 and MADE MONEY off of all of us. This is STEALING among other things. Shouldn't they be investigated by A G's office in Florida?

Jamie Jul 25, 2009

Car dealership in Milledgeville, Ga. told us that we had won a 300.00 free gas card. We have to spend 100.00 a month at Walmart and was suppose to receive a 25.00 gift card. IN Oct, Nov, and Dec 2008, I mailed in the receipts but never received the gift cards. I have inquired, with no response. Shame on them!!

• El
    Ellen Mills Aug 28, 2009

I was told that I will receive 250.00 dollars if I purchase gas from any of the gas station that was on the card and if the receipts added up to be 250.oo dollars. I will get the money back, so I sent the receipts to Freebeegas.com at 141oo Walsingham Road Stuite 36 box 12, Largo, Florida 33774 and it was returned back to me. I beleived what the sell person told. I was expecting that 250.00 dollars. Please tell me what I had to do to get my money.

• Fu
    Furdhie Mankzriegh Oct 24, 2009

I'm glad this network exists so that I can spread the word using your experiences as proof to backup my experiences. A similar rebate program exists and is offered by "myfreetravel.com". Tied with this are the following websites: "GasRebate.net", "GroceryRebate.net", "repsites.us/multirebate", "repsites.us/gasrebate", "claimyourvisacards.com", "GroceryRebate.net", etc.

The wise guy behind all of these programs is Steve Horowitz. Check him out at <http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevenhorwitz>.

ZURVITA is fronting the process selling Biz Paks with these incentives tied in. I sense it's a matter of time it will implode. You will not find legal information on the company selling the rebates and when you inquire for this information, you will be given the run around. The Terms & Conditions are poorly written. Most glaring is a $9.95 administration fee for registration which is refundable in the amount of $10 (red flag). And then there is the "one mistake clause" which if you exceed will disqualify you from receiving benefits AND you WILL NOT be reimbursed your $9.95/$10.00 even if no services of products have been delivered to you yet. Etc., etc. Watch out!!!

• Fu
    Furdhie Mankzriegh Oct 25, 2009

We need to blow the whistle on "myfreetravel.com" since it is eerily similar to scams that were confirmed just a few months ago. Valluebuzz and BBC Resource Management in Arizona as well as Tidewater Marketing of Florida come to mind.

"Myfreetravel.com" operates the rebate program through "gasrebate.net" and "groceryrebate.net". Their terms & conditions are typical as far as it can be confusing to the average consumer. However, the crux of the scam is the $9.95 registration fee which is refundable at $10.00 (yes, you end up getting 5 cents more AND only if you do not make any mistake). Yes, there is the "one mistake" clause and since most regular consumers would make a mistake, they keep the $9.95. Then at their discretion, you may still participate but any more mistakes will disqualify you, etc.

On October 20, 2009 the Better Business Bureau accreditation of Myfreetravel was suspended due to failure to fulfill and/or abide by BBB Membership Standards. The BBB has no reliability rating for Myfreetravel at this time as a result of consumer allegation patterns requiring investigation.

If you feel your consumer rights were violated, you may report your experience to the Better Business Bureau.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices