Free Credit ReportUnauthorized credit card charge

I did not receive a credit report of any sort. I did go their web site and started to fill out a request. Then discovered they wanted too much personal information, so I left the site without even requesting a free report. Today I received my credit card statement which revealed a $14.95 charge (CreditReport.com [protected] CA. I did not order a credit report, and even I had, it was supposed to be FREE. Please advise them that I will NOT pay this charge and to notify my credit card company. Thank you.

noone9999 Dec 23, 2012

Always use ANNUALCREDITREPORT.COM when you want to check your credit reports for FREE!!! There is no catch, no membership to sign up for.

Those guys at freecreditreport.com are scam artists if you ask me. Every person is entitled to a free credit report from each of the 3 credit reporting agencies once a year for FREE.

• Th
    Thelmad Mar 20, 2012

charging my credit card!! misleading

• Un
    unhappycredit Jun 22, 2011

we have had the exact same thing happen to us. We are getting $15 of the $29.95 back but they claimed that once you logged into your account that it popped up asking if we wanted all 3 reports and that the charge would be $29.95. I was looking at it with her and NEVER did that pop up. If it would have we never would have accepted. A bunch of crooks! We are going to contact the BBB about them

• Mi
    MissElvira Jun 22, 2011

Unless it run by the government, and actually usually the government. Anything that "advertises" "free" isn't. people don't advertise for fun. - sorry to hear that.

• Ta
    Tabitha Jun 21, 2011

DO NOT VISIT FREECREDITREPORT.COM! They have MULTIPLE SECRET, HIDDEN FEES AND HAVE NO REMORSE ABOUT THROWING MY ACCOUNT INTO THE NEGATIVE AND CAUSING ME TO INCUR MULTIPLE OVERDRAFT FEES FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT. DO NOT VISIT THIS WEBSITE UNLESS YOU DO NOT CARE THAT IT IS -NOTTTT- FREE.

• Gu
    Gulleys Jun 01, 2011

We request that the automatic charges to our Discover Card ending in 8271 for the free credit report account be STOPPED...this is the only contact information that we have - it appears on our Discover Card Bill each month for about $25-28...We do not use the Free Credit Report services and DO NOT WISH TO - WE WANT THE CHARGES STOPPED EFFECTIVE TODAY 6/1/11...Thank you

• Er
    Erica M. Mar 23, 2011

I followed an ad to get a free credit report from "Free Credit Report" (http://www.freecreditreport.com/). I didn't expect it was part of a free membership trial, and I will be charged 12.95 monthly after the first month. I saw two charges from them on my bank statement. When I try to get a hold of someone on the phone, I'm put on hold for 30 minutes and then the call is hung up each time.

• Li
    Lisa Valdez-Chrst Mar 11, 2011

Wow, I am having the same excat issues as everyone else. I want to get remimbursed ASAP and don't know how - did a search on the web to obtain some informaiton and found this site. I'm glad there is a number. Will be calling them ASAP! This is crazy!!!

• Su
    Surfer Girl Mar 04, 2011

I signed up for Free Credit Report.Com on the advice of my bank and a real estate agent relative to a loan to purchase a home. One cannot get their credit report on the site unless they give a credit card number and information. I was suspicious but did so due the credibility of the persons referring me to the service.

I viewed my credit scores and logged off. Terms said service I used was free. My credit card statement came and their were multiple charges for my one time use. The charges kept recurring monthly, the company would not remedy the problem, so I cancelled my credit card and got a new credit card number. The charges were supposedly for some kind of monthly membership. Caveat emptor.

• Th
    theadora shick Mar 04, 2011

you put a $29.95 charge on my debit card that I did not know you where going to do.
    that charge has made me not get my electric bill pain.
    so you need to take that charge OFF!!!

I need my money I only get $700.00 a month to pay rent and utilites. so thanks for making me short on my money. I now get to eat potatoes for 2 weeks because of this. I am disabled and the credit check was NOT FREE!!!

• Mi
    Michael H. Woodham Jan 16, 2011

Stop this charge to my Discover card like I have requested. After several attempts, this had stopped and then started again. Do not want your service and would appreciate it if you would stop this charge for free credit reports. (this is a scam to begin with). Nothing free about it and $14.95 a month charge that will not stop no matter how many times you request for it to stop. PLEASE STOP THIS CHARGE.

• Be
    belgia Nov 04, 2010

Anyone else notice that the ADs by Google on THIS site have a Lexington Law and CreditReport.com (also known as mni, mni* and so on) AD? YIKES! The wheels keep on turning!

• Ye
    yeni galvez Oct 18, 2010

Posted Transactions
    Posting Date Description Category Amount Balance
    06/17/2010 Less Detail INFO.FREECREDITREPORT.CINFOFCR.COM CAUS
    Description: Debit: $29.90 from merchant INFO.FREECREDITREPORT.CINFOFCR.COM CAUS

With Card: ************1232
    EditEdit the category this transaction is assigned to. Direct Marketing -$29.90 ($30.37)
    Beginning Balance as of 06/01/2010 ($0.47)

jamtech2010 Jul 28, 2010

Just a comment guys... I'm in the neutral side because I know what you all into and I know how the business works... all I can say is its part of the marketing strategies... when you first went to the website, did you all read the contents of the homepage? the disclaimers/important notices, the ads, everything?? did you?? First, you must read every page so that you know what your signing in... second, read the terms and conditions... if you don't read it and just agree on it then your lost because after reading it and click the box to check it to agree, it means that you did agree that after the trial period that you'll be billed with the membership fee or every transactional charge... As I said, its part of the marketing strategies... So from now on, be mindful and cautious on the terms and conditions that you'll be agreeing...

• Je
    jerry eatmon Jul 25, 2010

I noticed my credit card was charged $7.47 cent and I never ok anyone to charge for a credit report why would I when they are free every year.
    please stop this asap

jerry eatmon [protected] cell

july 25, 2010

• Du
    Durand Jun 28, 2010

When you signed up for their free report, did you not give them your credit card/banking info?

Yeah, that is how they got it.

READ THE FINE PRINT PEOPLE!!!

• On
    onnie hudson Jun 28, 2010

took money from account showed up on my bank statememt didnot authorize that i would like to know how they got into my account i want my money put back in my account as we speak that fraud and a rip off

• Wi
    William D. Bell Jun 12, 2010

I canceled this free credit report the same day as I signed up and my credit card was charged $24.95. I want this fee returned to my credit card immediately.

• Ac
    Aceman131963 Jun 12, 2010

They are doing it to me too! Don't know how to stop it. Gotta go there and see.

• Ca
    CAROL0343 Jun 12, 2010

I want this stopped. They have charged $14.95 every month for a FREE credit report which I have never used.
    There is no address or phone number to get them to stop. Any suggestions?

• Kc
    kchilton Mar 30, 2010

Please remove from the credit card Chase Visa the Info. FreeCreditReport.com InfoFCR.com CA the amount of $16.15 a month. I do not want this any more. Please remove from my account. Thank you. This is unauthorized billing.

• Jh
    Jhonnatan Bello Mar 02, 2010

Please be careful and do not trust them with any of your information. they will tell you one thing, but then turn around and the the opposite.

• Jh
    Jhonnatan Bello Mar 02, 2010

I was told that this product was free if I cancelled withing 10 days of checking it out. I had cancelled withing 4 or 5 days. I just received my credit card bill and I'm being charged $14.95, which was the amount that they had said would charge if we did not cancelled within 10 days. I called and spoke with a representative and cancelled, but they lied. I want my credit card of those people who are lying to everyone.

• Wh
    whatthefrenchtoast Jan 21, 2010

Did u read the terms and conditions? Obviously not. People never read anything...

• Gi
    gina anson Jan 21, 2010

My words mirror the words on the first page of this website! I went to this website to get a FREE CREDIT REPORT! I got anything but! I did receive a report, but I found a $14.95 charge on my credit card statement! I want it remove immediately! This is fraud!

Gina Anson
    798 North Elmwood St
    Orange CA 92867

• Me
    Melody Lopez Dec 28, 2009

I have never recieved a free credit report from this company or even entered my information to this company, yet I am being charged from my bank account. I never approved ANY transactions for this. II know that I never approved it because, for one I have no money in my account and two I already know that my credit is bad. This casused ny account to overdraw, so how can I get this amount refunded to me and stop the charges?

• Al
    Alice Garay Nov 30, 2009

I received my bank statement and on there are three charges, I Had cancelled this
    and noted that zI have been charged on several statements $16.28 & $27.16 what are
    these charges all I received one Credit Report in June. What are thses charges?
    I am requesting that this be cancelled as I don't know what I am being charged for.
    Looking for a reply at your earliest. Thank you. What do you call a Free Credit Report Alice Garay

Jamie Goodman Nov 28, 2009

I did the credit report at least a month ago and now I'm being charged $30.90 for something they said was free.

• Cd
    cdsmith Nov 28, 2009

The problem is simple and should be illegal: The only way for you to cancel your membership is to phone them. Not by email, not in person, not by sending them a letter...only by phone. When you call to cancel, they tell you that you will receive an email confirming your cancellation. But if they don't send the email, which they did not in my case and I assume yours too, there is no evidence of your attempt to cancel. Which means they will continue charging until you try and cancel again. I think this qualifies as a scam.

• He
    herchild Nov 25, 2009

They charged my credit card $14.95 for the last three months. When I call them about it they tell me they will refund my money and stop, however they don't.

• Do
    Dougall87 Nov 07, 2009

i was $14.95 for a FREE credit report. i had to put in my card information for the report but NEVER agreed to pay for any report.

matt_p Oct 27, 2009

VERY DISHONEST and UNDERHANDED BUSINESS PRACTICE!!!

I'd had the same experience. I called was able to cancel my membership, but they would not refund my money. They instead try to tell how great their service was and convince me to stay.

I hope they experience a class action lawsuit.

angrywife Aug 23, 2009

I called freecreditreport.com six months ago to cancel my account as of right now they are still charging my credit card for a monthly bill of 14.95. I have also been calling every month sence then to cancel and they still have not done it yet to this day.

• La
    Laura Dec 09, 2008

This company got through to my email with a "free" credit report offer. You sign up using your credit card number, but they assure you that there will be no charge, that it's only for security purposes. There are a lot of pages to the sign-up process, and they assure you all the way through. Sure enough, no charge to my account...the first month. Here it is a month later, and bingo--$12.95 to MNICreditReport.com ! Not cool!

• Ar
    Archie L Grant Nov 12, 2008

Please cancel account they take $12.95 per mo. please stop this

• Ju
    Judy Sep 24, 2008

FREECREDITREPORT.COM SCAMS YOU INTO A MEMBERSHIP WITHOUT KNOWING!! DO NOT GO ONTO THIS SIGHT FOR CREDIT INFORMATION!

• Ph
    Phyllis Aug 23, 2008

Has anyone had success with getting this charge removed from their credit card. I was billed $14.95, however I did not realize that I needed to cancel within seven days of obtaining the free report. No email was sent to me to that effect. They have since cancelled however will not reimburse me the $14.95. Any luck, let me know. Thank you.

Marcia Godbey Jul 02, 2008

I printed off my free credit report. I did not give out any personal info. Somehow they acquired my checking account number and charged my account without my permission. I called them and they refused to refund my money. These people need to be shut down. They are scamming people. Please stop them from doing this to anyone else.

Charles Embly Jul 01, 2008

I applied for what i thought was my free annual credit report and have received a charge on my credit card that i did not authorize. I would like to know why i was charged and would like the charged removed.

• As
    A Swisky May 05, 2008

This site is not free. They may give you one month free, but after that you pay. Did you read all the terms?

Comment Guidelines