Forest River2019 sabre

J Jul 10, 2019

Forest Rive Sabre quality and service is terrible!

Bought 2019 Sabre 2 months ago from Poulsbo RV in Mount Vernon WA. Even bought the extended warranty for road side assistance. Brand new 5th wheel and the fireplace didn't work and heat vents closed when heater started the first time we tried them.

We foolishly thought we could travel out of the service area with our RV TRAVEL trailer with a two month old fifth wheel but guess what--NOT! Now the Haier refrigerator won't work. Seven days later we STILL do not have a working refrigerator. We have tried working with Poulsbo RV without success (you aren't in our service area). We are still waiting for Sabrina, Forest River Customer Service, to call us back even though we call every day and are promised she will call back. Sabrina, you may want to consider a new line of work--Customer Service is NOT your strong point!

I tried sending in a complaint to "Contact Us" at Forest Service. The response from Donald Burgess, "You have contacted the wrong division of Forest River. We are XLR Sabre." Huh??? So when I texted him back if he had forwarded on to the correct Sabre complaint department he stated, " Sorry I went on to other calls and claims. I have never transferred information to another division. I have always given the correct information." Uhhh, but you didn't help me-you left me hanging!

And this isn't all. We couldn't get the batteries to charge or hold a charge. The batteries are only two months old so we studpidly thought it must be something more serious. After two days trying to get help we were told they would send someone out but we would have to pay for labor and parts. We would be reimbursed IF our warranty covered it. The nearest guy is 3.5 hours away and the travel charge is $800 not counting the parts and labor!! Guess what--it was the batteries!

I cannot wait to see what happens when the warranty is no longer valid!
I STRONGLY recommend do NOT buy Forest River. Shame on you Forest River for putting out poor quality workmanship.