FlySafairlost luggage

Good Day,

Ref : JNBFA10789

On the 29th May 2016 my husband, myself and two friends returned from a holiday trip to CPT. At OR Tambo one of bags did not arrive. A Fly Safair representative came to assist. I completed a form and submitted the luggage tags. At this point we discovered that the lady at CPT international mixed up the luggage of the four passengers mentioned above. At this point we were not sure under whose name my lost bag would be linked to.

I asked the representative what is the claim procedure and I was told confidently don't worry you won't need to claim we will find your bag. It is now 2 months later and nothing. Not even feedback. Just being ignored. I have been calling periodically to find out whats happening and I am being given the run around. I called a few weeks back and was told that my file was archived as it was an old case. The case hasn't been resolved yet why is being pushed in the back. I then had to resend my claim form which I eventually got after Shelly had to follow up and ask them to send it to me. I sent the form to the email indicated on the form on the 7 April 2016. I then received feedback from Debbie and I was told it was submitted to flysafair and they are waiting for feedback. I contacted Flysafair today and was told that they are waiting for the legal department to provide feedback. It is going on two months and I am still waiting for the legal department to get back to me. In my opinion, it is a simple solution: 1. Return my luggage to me (This I believe might be impossible due to the amount of time that has passed) or 2. Reimburse me for my lost luggage. I have submitted the claim with a description of my contents to [protected]@swissport.co.za. I now have to replace my contents using funds that are allocated for other things. This is not right. I would appreciate it if a satisfactory resolution can be found regarding my claim so that we can put this incident to rest.

• To
    Tokkie Reinecke Jun 06, 2017

Hi! What happened about your claim? R7019.00 worth of goods - hiking GPS and Ray Ban was stolen from my bag and I am offered a...R350.00 refund!!! This is so far fetched, I can not begin to express my dismay!