Florida Blue — denied authorizations submitted by surgeon
Thanks to florida blue, I have been discharged from my surgeon's office, because their two requests for surgery have been denied and they can't keep fighting. The surgeon's office said "florida blue continues to deny everyone with the same insurance". Florida blue better pray to god that something does not happen to a patient, due to their negligence!!!
The first authorization 10/10/17 was denied with stipulations:
1- updated mri
2- physical therapy or another conservative therapy, in which... I had the trial spinal stimulator july 2017
3- I was smoking
4- my bmi was too high
The second authorization was submitted 11/14/17 with updated compliance:
1- updated mri
2- physical therapy and proof of spinal stimulator trial (conservative therapy)
3-documented proof of quiiting smoking 10/11/17
4- documented proof of lowered bmi
Both authorizations by a very credible surgeon that has been voted the #1 surgeon several times. Both peer to peers have been denied also.
I have 2 rods in my back, I have been dealing with this for a year, I live in pain every day, I am not able to walk stores or any amount of distance without severe pain. I substituted a few times during the summer and cried in pain as I walked the children from the class to the cafeteria. I can't do art shows, theme parks, hold my grandchildren, or get on the floor to play with them.
Florida blue's decision baffles me and I will not give up!!! I will go as far as I can. This is happening to too many people.
This will be reported to every social media there is!!!
More Florida Blue Complaints & Reviews
- Florida Blue - requesting peer to peer review of a claim. 
- Florida Blue (BCBS) - refund 
- Florida Blue (BCBS) - health insurance payment refund 
- Florida Blue / Blue Cross & Blue Shield - florida blue hmo
- Florida Blue - claim rejections 
- Florida Blue - denial of insurance claims
- Florida Blue - ignorant customer service
- Florida Blue - lack of customer service by representative
- Florida Blue - alignment health of florida
- Florida Blue - doctor's poor attendance to client