Florida Blue (BCBS)refund

V Review updated:

I canceled my heatlh insurance policy by the required deadline and was still charged the full amount the next month. I contacted bcbs customer service and they admitted to the wrong doing. They transferred me to the billing department and they also admitted to the wrong doing and submitted a form so I can get a full refund. They said it would take 7 to 10 business days. I never received it. It's been about 6 months now and I contact the company about every 2 weeks and the billing department keeps giving my excuses as to why I have not received a refund. I have heard (they sent it to the wrong department (twice), there was an error in your address, they approved the refund it will take some time to have it send out etc. Etc. It is no longer an issue of them making a mistake. It is now a major issue of integrity.

Mae Rust Sep 11, 2012

I visited Florida Blue one time. I called them before coming and asked the prices. The numbers they told me are absolutely different from the sum I received with the bills. I paid $100 more! I can’t afford myself so expensive services. But I had no choice and I paid.

• Ko
    Kolluru May 19, 2015

Hi,

I have the exact issue with Florida Blue. The same story, it has been 6 months, called them once in a week. Reported to the local Florida blue center at Tallahassee. They never follow-up. Waiting for the refund. They do not have any responsibility over customers.

Johnnys1968 May 01, 2016

I have been with Florida Blue for 3 years and have been on the same medicine for 7. Five months into my policy this year When I went to Target to get my HIV medication I was informed tat my doctor would now have to justify the medication that has worked best for me. I will run out of medication before the review process is over and how is it half way through my policy the rule get to change for Florida Blue

• Fl
    Florida Blue May 19, 2016

Hello, sorry for the issues you are experiencing, Can you please email us at [email protected] with your full name and policy information for additional help? Thank you.

• _____________ Aug 15, 2018

They r so dumb and can't speak English when u call. I'm sure this is the only job they can get is to answer the phones at the 800 number!